Is DJI FINSIHED with the X5/X5R series Cameras?
1383 3 2017-5-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Heir InVioLable
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

I really like my Osmo Pro/InspirePro/Raw Cameras.  However I am wondering if these cameras are the last of their kind.  Will DJI be updating this camera platfrom?  WIll we be seeing an X5 or X5R mii or something like that with more pixels, a better sensor for lowlight,  or is DJI stricly going forward with the X5s series for the I2?   
As much as I like the I2 and new SSD system,  I also like having the option to use I1 on one shoot, full stop with Osmo for a ground game.  I recently finished a shoot with Kubota and the clients loved the ease of the I1 and X5R/Osmo because it was a run and gun type of deal.  However next time around I need more quality on the ground game.  I generally will use my Ronin with a nice camera,  however it would be wonderful if I could at least use an Osmo Pro with a better Pro Version Camera.  I know there is still a market out their for those who are invested in the Inspire 1 Pro (and maybe the SW and M600 series) that would like to see this happen.  Again,  the I2 is great, and I have seen people hold the drone as a  camera to come up with some great shots.  However that's not practical for a full day of shooting for a corporate account.  Any ideas?  
2017-5-11
Use props
iSkyUnmannedSys
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7152087 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I don't we will see any new version of the X5(R) because the X5S has replaced it. I'm sure they'll bring out an OSMO to take the X5S which will cover the hand help gap.
As far as changing the sensor DJI are getting some cracking results for video with the MFT sensor, they are just lacking in the photography side of things. Unless you are in the market for the M600 using the Hasselblad.
2017-6-7
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

I asked this question many moons ago and its clear DJI has no intention of building the X5 /R line any further.
2017-6-16
Use props
mixchief
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

ALL THINGS MUST PASS
2018-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now