Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Warranty Clarification-Cracked Shell
1315 11 2017-5-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KM5RG-Robert
Captain
Flight distance : 2075213 ft
United States

Hey all,
My drone has finally suffered the dreaded case cracks under the motor (so far only one).
Looking at the warranty info it says that the frame has no warranty. I purchased this about 10 months ago and was under the impression I had a year warranty on the aircraft.
Can someone clarify their experience getting their cracked  shell repaired, if it was warrantied?

DJI can you explain the Frame No Warranty listing?

Thanks in advance.

20170511_090238_resized.jpg
2017-5-11
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
Captain
United States

No one?

There have been so many posts about cracked shells someone must know....
2017-5-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

When a component has no warranty to it, any damage can potentially incur an invoice for that part if it comes in for service. I've seen shells replaced at no cost before, however, if there's evidence that there was no mishandling and that it's occurred within a short amount of time or limited use. If there's signs of extensive wear, agressive flying, or any hard landings, then you can incur an invoice. The stipulation, though, is that there has to be some warranty left on the unit in general in order to be considered for a free repair. A unit that's passed even the 12 month warranty period of it's components would expect an invoice for the shell replacement.

If you'd like a general idea of the cost of a shell replacement through a DJI Service Center, you can use the pricing chart in the link below:

https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/PriceQuery
2017-5-11
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
Captain
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-11 16:08
When a component has no warranty to it, any damage can potentially incur an invoice for that part if it comes in for service. I've seen shells replaced at no cost before, however, if there's evidence that there was no mishandling and that it's occurred within a short amount of time or limited use. If there's signs of extensive wear, agressive flying, or any hard landings, then you can incur an invoice. The stipulation, though, is that there has to be some warranty left on the unit in general in order to be considered for a free repair. A unit that's passed even the 12 month warranty period of it's components would expect an invoice for the shell replacement.

If you'd like a general idea of the cost of a shell replacement through a DJI Service Center, you can use the pricing chart in the link below:

So my flight distance is showing less than 500000, I am at 10 months and no hard landings. All flights are synced, plus this is a common problem. Yet warranty replacement is not a given? Problem is if it is not covered, I should just order the shell and do it myself but I think it should be warrantied and don't want to void the last two months, so...
2017-5-12
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

KM5RG-Robert Posted at 2017-5-12 05:52
So my flight distance is showing less than 500000, I am at 10 months and no hard landings. All flights are synced, plus this is a common problem. Yet warranty replacement is not a given? Problem is if it is not covered, I should just order the shell and do it myself but I think it should be warrantied and don't want to void the last two months, so...

If it's 10 months old, I would say give it a shot via the DJI Repair Center.
2017-5-15
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
Captain
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-15 08:19
If it's 10 months old, I would say give it a shot via the DJI Repair Center.

OK.
I have it boxed up but UPS did not come by today. They deliver here almost everyday. Probably tomorrow.....

Thanks
2017-5-15
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

KM5RG-Robert Posted at 2017-5-15 15:13
OK.
I have it boxed up but UPS did not come by today. They deliver here almost everyday. Probably tomorrow.....

I'm sure you'll get it sorted in no time.
2017-5-15
Use props
fansef90c8d8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 460308 ft
United Kingdom

I have just found a smallcrack on the bottom shell on my P4 just above the left leg facing the battery side. I have only 7.5 hrs of flying this device with no hard landings  and it is only 3 months old. Does this have to goto DGI to be fixed or can I have the bottom shell replaced by a local drone repair centre without voiding the warranty as I have my flight assessment on the 19th June and I very doubt this will be returned by then.
2017-5-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fansef90c8d8 Posted at 2017-5-21 03:13
I have just found a smallcrack on the bottom shell on my P4 just above the left leg facing the battery side. I have only 7.5 hrs of flying this device with no hard landings  and it is only 3 months old. Does this have to goto DGI to be fixed or can I have the bottom shell replaced by a local drone repair centre without voiding the warranty as I have my flight assessment on the 19th June and I very doubt this will be returned by then.

You can get it fixed in a local DJI authorized repair center.
Here is the link for your reference, hope that helps: http://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers
2017-5-21
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
Captain
United States

Was notified from DJI that it was repaired and is covered under warranty.  Happy camper here.  :-)
Now just gotta get it back......
2017-5-24
Use props
Dave Butler
New
Flight distance : 409373 ft
United States

Great to hear they backed up their product!!  Yay DJI!!!
2017-5-24
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

KM5RG-Robert Posted at 2017-5-24 06:07
Was notified from DJI that it was repaired and is covered under warranty.  Happy camper here.  :-)
Now just gotta get it back......

Good to hear, thanks for the update. You'll be up and running again soon.
2017-5-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules