Lens Scratch or dirty. HOw to clean ?
1318 5 2017-5-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tow
lvl.1
Flight distance : 184600 ft
United States

Got my warrenty Mavic back. In the video feed it looks like a hair in sunlight and it goes away when not pointing at the sun. How do you clean the lens and with what so there is no residue or damageing  ( meaning not scratching)? I aways fly my drone with the protective cover.

2017-5-11
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Porbably that is the issue flying it withg the cover. The cover might reflect against the sunlight. Take it off and try taking some more pictures.
2017-5-11
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Hopefully it's not scratched, in which case something like this will work.
2017-5-11
Use props
Tow
lvl.1
Flight distance : 184600 ft
United States

Not the cover took it straight up once with out, same deal. I did spot a mark or the line. Don't want to to touch because i don't know what to clean it with or what product to use.
2017-5-11
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Tow Posted at 2017-5-11 10:40
Not the cover took it straight up once with out, same deal. I did spot a mark or the line. Don't want to to touch because i don't know what to clean it with or what product to use.

You can use the pen that was posted above and also use a LENS WIPES. I get mine from Walmart 200 in a box. I use them to clean the lens, the props and front vision sensors when I fly at high attitude and you will get all the bugs smudges.
2017-5-11
Use props
Mcflying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 243753 ft
Netherlands

Is in on the lens or behind the lens?

Cause when it's on the lens you could use a lens cleaning blower.
If it's behind the lens,......well that would be weird and pratically impossible.
2017-5-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules