797 1 2017-5-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nick6000
lvl.1
Flight distance : 74304 ft
New Zealand

Hi there

I was flying at a spot I frequently fly at today, towards the end of my flight I lost connection 3 times. Each time the mavic behaved as expected and went to return to home. Shortly after return to home was activated the mavic would reconnect, at which point I would cancel the RTH.

As i've flown in this area before and the mavic was only at most 42 metres from me, I'm wondering what possible reasons there could be for the loss of connection? I am running an Android device and at the time of connection loss, the app was in the process of crashing (it had frozen/become buggy). However, the app has crashed on me before, and I've always retained the connection between the mavic and the RC.

Does anyone have any input or thoughts on what went on here?

Airdata log - https://app.airdata.com/main?fli ... ENERALNotifications

Many thanks

2017-5-11
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

There are a couple of things here. It would seem that the loss of connection had something to do with the aerials. Did you have the aerials in the correct position. Is there any chance that while you were trying to reconnect the app, that you were holding the RC in such a position that the aerials were pointed the wrong way.
Looking at your sensor errors, these are way too high. Possibly caused by a combination of the aerial problem and interference caused by your phone.  If you check some of your previous logs, you will probably find large sensor errors just before the app crashes. I gave up on Android 7 and above because of this.
2017-5-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules