1234Next >
11551 159 2017-5-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans0e4c7462
New
Flight distance : 3504 ft
United States

It happens once or twice per outing usually when exiting from intelligent flight mode and only when using my nvidia tablet, never crashed with my Samsung phone.
2017-5-19
Use props
skpManiac
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1092589 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Every flight - Android Nougat - S7 Edge

Also have this bug:

For the last 6 or 7 updates the App says it does not support my screen size, I have to uninstall, and reinstall the app which also means I lose all my settings so then have to completely set up the software again - this is unacceptable - at least in the interim while you fix the bug allow the app to leave o9ts setting in tact on an uninstall?

I have posted about this and sent crash reports an never got any response :/
2017-5-19
Use props
Pello
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11988 ft
Austria

One Plus 3 here, crashes pretty much every flight once
2017-5-22
Use props
PanaceaBeachBum
lvl.2
United States

Have had Mavic 3 weeks,

DROID = crashes with Nexus 7 everytime right as props are spun up. Works with Motorola droid Maxx2 but video is very glitchy, screen turns green frequently.

IOS= works perfectly with 5s but screen is tiny, Bought brand new Ipa mini 4 works great , if i fly to far the app will just shut down the third time the vid signal drops, not sometimes but everytime on the third fkicker. Have verified with my neighbors Mavic and Ipad m4
2017-5-23
Use props
fans7ae20a3c
lvl.1

United States

Android Tab S2: Never
Android Galaxy Note 5: Never

No IOS system owned.
2017-5-23
Use props
sherkoabosh_S
New

Sweden

why does the app crash when i want to upload to Instagram??
2017-5-23
Use props
Silver G
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1412694 ft
United Kingdom

Never, I use an iPhone 6S or an iPad Air 2, both work fine.
2017-5-23
Use props
bcjkdem1
lvl.4
United States

From my experience, it has been notifications and interference from other/certain running apps that has caused the app to crash on my phone. I had a Samsung Galaxy s6. Was getting some relatively frequent crashes and recently upgraded to the s8... Since the app does not fit the s8 screen properly, I factory reset my s6, uninstalled everything from it, besides DJI Go, have no sim card in it, and have been using it exclusively to fly. It has yet to crash over a bunch of flights. It sucks because I know most of us do not just have a spare phone/nice tablet laying around that we can use exclusively for flying, but that's the conclusion I have come to after struggling with this a lot before.
2017-5-23
Use props
CAAirborne
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1174232 ft
United States

My answer is: About every third flight on Android, Galaxy S7 Edge (no option for this combination).
2017-5-23
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

Can I ask what restrictions you put on the app in Android?  Maybe if it is not allowed to do everything it thinks it can do, it crashes.

Solve it with airplane mode instead.  I am back on 4.0.6 and testing out this hypothesis.
2017-5-23
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

Never. I use latest IOS, IP6S+ amd sometimes MINI4
2017-5-23
Use props
jakjam
lvl.1
Flight distance : 771453 ft
  • >>>
Germany

It seems dji does not give a f... about this obviously common problem, there is no single comment of any official dji representant or forum host on not a single thread about this issue.
Has anyone an idea how the correct way will be to make dji pay a refund for wasted time of trying to fix or work around this software problem and the need to buy the litchi app to be able to continue flying with not only the controller ? I think 100$ - 150$ sould be an adequate compensation.
2017-5-26
Use props
bighi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 47455053 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Since this week's update I get a frozen screen on every flight.
2017-5-27
Use props
b33
lvl.2
Spain

I will proceed with my own consequences and sell my mavic on ebay. The update and release policy of dji is just sick.
2017-5-28
Use props
MaicProFlyer_2D
New
Flight distance : 417851 ft
United States

I've never experienced any type of  disconnect with my MP ever since the new download DJI GO 4.0.7
2017-5-28
Use props
b33
lvl.2
Spain

MaicProFlyer_2D Posted at 2017-5-28 10:40
I've never experienced any type of  disconnect with my MP ever since the new download DJI GO 4.0.7

Apple or Android?
2017-5-28
Use props
yozo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 799944 ft
Bulgaria

Crashes continue with 4.1.0. I've tried older versions as well (4.04, 4.05, 4.06, 4.07) CRASHES EVERY...SINGLE....FLIGHT, SEVERAL TIMES PER FLIGHT. It closes midflight and I am losing all flight logs, and its very dangerous especially if I am using the intelligent modes. This is getting to a point of utter mockery from DJI upon their customers. What kind of customer service is this?!? No official statement, no comment at all by DJI officials????? I am using a completely supported device (LG V20) with the latest firmware. I refuse to change my "supported" flagship phone to IOS. You are misleading your paying customers!  I have tried all sorts of nonsence in a hope for solution. Cache on/off, usb debug, here maps, etc etc etc. I am fed up with this. I've wasted about 20 battery cycles and about 10 hours of my life in flight time attempting all sorts of things just to be "surprised" by another random app crash/close. How can I make an official complaint?! I cannot use your 1200 EUR brick because of your incompetence. How can I get a compensation? How likely are you to recommend DJI - very unlikely.
2017-5-28
Use props
Angelo26
lvl.4
Flight distance : 799718 ft
Austria

Unfortunately with every update the android version gets worse and worse ......................  I got my Xperia Z Ultra working with GO4 with only rare crashes but after last update it started to crash over and over again even before flight.  First the video transmission is laggy for almost 15-20 seconds as well as flight commands via smartphone-screen (gimbal up/down), sometimes after closing the app and switching off MP and RC and firing it up again I just get a fully blurred pixelated image ....................  When finally flying (after 2-4 restarts), after 10 minutes the Video-transmission gets laggy again and commands are not transmitted from the phone.  Above all: after last update, when firing up the RC with the phone connected, GO4 does not autostart anymore ...................  I completely lost my faith in this drone-system and will sell it ......... At the beginning it was so much fun and now it is a complete desaster ................ a pure waste of money I could have spent better in a more reliable drone-system ......................   Shame on You, DJI, shame on You, to deceive Your customers like this ......................... {:4_154:}
2017-5-29
Use props
Seamless Media
lvl.1
United States

yozo Posted at 2017-5-28 13:33
Crashes continue with 4.1.0. I've tried older versions as well (4.04, 4.05, 4.06, 4.07) CRASHES EVERY...SINGLE....FLIGHT, SEVERAL TIMES PER FLIGHT. It closes midflight and I am losing all flight logs, and its very dangerous especially if I am using the intelligent modes. This is getting to a point of utter mockery from DJI upon their customers. What kind of customer service is this?!? No official statement, no comment at all by DJI officials????? I am using a completely supported device (LG V20) with the latest firmware. I refuse to change my "supported" flagship phone to IOS. You are misleading your paying customers!  I have tried all sorts of nonsence in a hope for solution. Cache on/off, usb debug, here maps, etc etc etc. I am fed up with this. I've wasted about 20 battery cycles and about 10 hours of my life in flight time attempting all sorts of things just to be "surprised" by another random app crash/close. How can I make an official complaint?! I cannot use your 1200 EUR brick because of your incompetence. How can I get a compensation? How likely are you to recommend DJI - very unlikely.

I can confirm the same with my LG V20, I have not updated to the latest firmware/app versions yet, but I can only assume more of the same. DJI needs to get the android side of things stable, especially with the Spark releasing with the base option of no controller included (or those who use just their phone/wifi for the Mavic). Imagine if we didn't have our controllers as a backup! I am considering giving the Litchi app a go to see how stable it is (and for the extra features). If anyone has experience with Litchi and an LG V20 I would love to hear how it works for you!
2017-5-29
Use props
joshnl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1738369 ft
Canada

Car147 Posted at 2017-5-13 00:49
You may need to update your poll as i see now that you have IOS listed, as when i did the poll there was no separate option for Apple devices at the time. I selected "Never had an issue" but that should apply in the IOS option now.

This is pretty critical to the validity of the poll.
2017-5-30
Use props
Fridog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 283471 ft
  • >>>
United States

Crashes several times per flight using Galaxy S7 Edge 7.0
Never crashes using Galaxy Tab S3 7.0
2017-5-30
Use props
TroutboyNZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1726486 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

I've been doing a bit of testing on Android (S7 on Nougat) and like most, have had the odd app crash and one complete freeze in over 100 flights, my last trial was to go into the settings and DISPLAY and knock the screen resolution from full HD 1080 down to HD 720, I have not had a crash in the last 20 flights since... at all... at distances up to 4km. The difference in the screen is so little, I can hardly tell so have left it at 720. I also kill background apps, crack screen brightness up to max and fly in airplane mode. It's looking promising as I'm sure the majority of Go4 issues are doe to video caching / live display in some way or form...

Still not acceptable from Dji, it's very poor programming and attention to android, they simply rush out these firmwares WITHOUT through testing!!!
2017-5-30
Use props
GMG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3632605 ft
France

iOS user (iPhone 6, Latest iPad Air and 2nd gen iPad mini).  

No crashes of GO 4.
2017-5-30
Use props
Wilko
New
Flight distance : 288481 ft
Australia

Mcflying Posted at 2017-5-12 01:19
I would think on which platform, IOS or Android is pretty relevant.

Agreed, although in an ideal world it shouldn't matter.
2017-5-31
Use props
fans3078e08b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3885 ft
Netherlands

Mavic with FW.700, Nvidia Shield K1with Androd 7.0, DJI GO 4 version 4.07. In particular when using intelligent flightmodes.
2017-5-31
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

When I first got my Mavic, I did the update to .4 and all was well.  Then I did .5, .55 ... to .7 and was having trouble with the app crashing on my new samsung galaxy S7, so I tried my wife's Tablet a samsung S2 and it was fast, responsive and did not crash.  So I relooked at my phone and tried a couple of things.  I set the display resolution down to 1920 x 1080 and turned the display mode to basic from the fancier cinematic settings.  I also turned off wifi, blu tooth, and nfc.  With those things turnded off - NO More problems. I have since forgotten to turn off wifi, blutooth, and nfc and still no problems.  So if you have an android and are having problems and have a higher resolution screen you might check and see if you can set them to basic mode and 1920x1080.
2017-5-31
Use props
fans3078e08b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3885 ft
Netherlands

fans3078e08b Posted at 2017-5-31 08:58
Mavic with FW.700, Nvidia Shield K1with Androd 7.0, DJI GO 4 version 4.07. In particular when using intelligent flightmodes.

Mavic with FW.700,
Nvidia Shield K1with Androd 7.0,
DJI GO 4 version 4.07.
Crashes in particular when using intelligent flightmodes.

With HTC M8 phone and Android 6.0 NO crashes!
But the screen is to small for me, so that's why I need the 8" screen and higher brightness of the Shield tablet.

I'll have to buy Litchi for my Shield tablet and hope for the understanding and commitment of the DJI team to check this problem.
I stil get the message for a new upcoming DJI GO 4 update, but as to date (31/5/2017) no new version found in Europe.
Maybe because of the flight time issues with version 4.1.0.? ...

DJI, sorry I am a big fan sinds Phantom 1, but you have to go back to the software drawingboard to handle and tackle the Android 7.0 version compatibility.
It's not your fault, I think. It's something with the Android update.

Hans
2017-5-31
Use props
Skold
lvl.2
Flight distance : 239170 ft
United States

ShadyDealer Posted at 2017-5-12 11:46
iOS - never. Wouldn't entertain Android. Poor privacy, poor uI and its as refined as shaving with a cheese grater.

Welcome to 5 years ago!
2017-5-31
Use props
ShadyDealer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Skold Posted at 2017-5-31 09:51
Welcome to 5 years ago!

5 years with many more to come with refined crash free secure usage! Happy as!

Android...welcome to zero privacy, poor UI refinement and crash city! Enjoy.
2017-5-31
Use props
Glideslope
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38655 ft
United States

iOS 10.3.2
7+
Go 4 v. 4.1
0 crashes. 62 flights.  

When I first received the Mavic I had a few issues with the way the lightning connector connects through the controller handle on the 7+. It would wiggle loose just a hair and disconnect.
I then began using a 10" lightning to USB cable from the phone to the bottom USB on the controller. Not one issue since.  At connect I have to unplug the side micro USB so the controller knows which port to sync with. Then it can be plugged back in as not to loose it, and keep the port clean.  
2017-6-1
Use props
Samoth
lvl.3
Flight distance : 95640 ft
Belgium

Too often. DJI's devs are incompetent: it's still crashing since its release!

How comes it's stable (and in French) on iOS and not on android?

How comes Litchi apps has no stability problem?

Do something DJI! It's unacceptable for drones at such price!
2017-6-1
Use props
shorey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 445630 ft
United Kingdom

Never had a problem with my app - iPhone 6 iOS
2017-6-2
Use props
Topcats
lvl.1
Flight distance : 751 ft
United Kingdom

Being new to the drone scene and coming from a motor industry background,i am amazed at the complete lack of advice,comments,reassurance from DJi,the crashing of the Android app constantly is not only amazing after all this time and so many updates it could be dangerous if flying in Sports Mode.
1 It should come as official letter from Dji that any body using the latest Android software should stop using it on safety grounds
2 Switch to suitable ios system if available
3 This equipment is very expensive and clearly not fit for purpose,i doubt Dji would entertain compensation so for anybody running Android the least they could do is cover the cost for there clients for the Litchi App its well built and very stable on Android
2017-6-3
Use props
Ron in Utah
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10902 ft
United States

Yogi123 Posted at 2017-5-19 02:49
Never with IOS on  iPad mini 4 and iphone 7+

I had a Go 4 app crash on my first and only flight, so I have a sample size of one.

I used auto take-off to lift off and then took it up about 35-45 feet and slowly hovered around over my roof, inspecting the roofing tiles. I flew for maybe 4 or 5 minute or less. I then moved it back over the driveway and hit the RTH button on the remote. The app immediately crashed. The Mavic continued to hover in place (thank goodness!) and I landed it manually using the remote.

This is using the latest version of the app, with the remote and Mavic using the firmware version they shipped with.
2017-6-3
Use props
Panaceabeachbum
lvl.2
Flight distance : 871430 ft
United States

Im an android guy also but I bought this thing (mavic) as an aerial camera, bought a mini4 because I want to fly, not fart with a phone or tablet. My.02
2017-6-3
Use props
Ron in Utah
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10902 ft
United States

VMav Posted at 2017-5-12 19:41
Android Moto G 5.01, Galaxy S4,  Nexus 7 II 6.01 - both DJI GO4 4.0.6 and 4.0.7 would not survive until the end of the flight.  On Moto I can restart application and it most of the time could connect back.  On Nexus 7 II - tablet freezes, and goes into reboot.

Was looking at iPad mini2 but decided to try litchi on Nexus 7... Two flights - no reboots.  Looks like 25 bucks for litchi saved me 230 for refurb. iPad mini2.

I think the problem is the go app contains all the other bloatware that should be isolated to a separate app. All the video editing stuff, music, instructional videos, owners manuals, etc.  are all in the same app. Litchi is just a ground station app, nothing more. DJI should split them into two separate apps. One that actually works for using the drone, and one that does all that other stuff you don't need while flying.
2017-6-5
Use props
Pitando
lvl.2
Flight distance : 68284 ft
Sweden

This big consern..if app crach and for some reason the mavic get crazy and flyaway, DJI will not accept any warranty because there will be no logs due to app crach.
2017-6-6
Use props
RAMJET-1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2180843 ft
United States

Ron in Utah Posted at 2017-6-5 21:37
I think the problem is the go app contains all the other bloatware that should be isolated to a separate app. All the video editing stuff, music, instructional videos, owners manuals, etc.  are all in the same app. Litchi is just a ground station app, nothing more. DJI should split them into two separate apps. One that actually works for using the drone, and one that does all that other stuff you don't need while flying.

I totally agree! Also I don't think it is a good idea (from a programmers p.o.v.) to use one app for multiple DJI drones. One app for each drone would be a lot less code for the processor on the device to have to deal with.
2017-6-6
Use props
RAMJET-1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2180843 ft
United States

I did not vote since I am using GO4 4.0.4 on my android 4.4 phone and GO3 3.1.4 on my Samsung Tab A6 android 5.5. Still running .400 firmware too.
2017-6-6
Use props
fans2af304fc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 102999 ft
Singapore

After voting never crashed. It did crash when I was flying in Phuket last week. A little panic. Luckily the drone didn't fly away. Mine is Huawei Mate 9 running Android 7.0.
2017-6-6
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules