Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
davawt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4885 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi there,
I am brand new to all things DJI and Drone. I am getting a DJI Phantom 4 Pro with a Stanard Controller, but have now been offered a DJI Phantom controller with a screen.
This is just a controller with screen ( Fully tested and working ) - NO other parts as I am getting those with my New DJI Phantom 4 Pro. Will I be able to use the Controller with the screen with my Phantom 4 Pro in stead of the controller supplied,.
Hope someone can help me out, bye
Dave

[Update]
Got the Phantom 4 Pro +

2017-5-12
Use props
Howie12
lvl.2
United States

You just have to sync the drone and controller when you switch.
2017-5-12
Use props
davawt
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Howie12 Posted at 2017-5-12 13:22
You just have to sync the drone and controller when you switch.

Thanks Howie12,
Great news, I will read up on the syncing process, I have downloaded the manual and am reading it now.
Thanks again Howie12, bye
Dave
2017-5-12
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Much like binding an BNF model, it's an easy process.

Enjoy that drone and awesome new RC....
Post back, with your happy results... Thanks ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-5-12
Use props
mewchi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 614931 ft
United States

Beware that the controller with screen is very difficult to add any other apps onto if you want to..  Not impossible but difficult.
2017-5-12
Use props
davawt
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-5-12 14:40
Much like binding an BNF model, it's an easy process.

Enjoy that drone and awesome new RC....

Cheers RedHotPoker,
I think it should arrived sometime next week, then try and do some flying ( Learning ) and taking photos.
Very good place this forum, very quick help, i'll learn but it all takes time, specially when you are getting on a bit like me, but I love techno stuff and these drones are the way to go and I like photos ( printed ) rather than just on my phone.
Thanks for the help, bye
Dave
2017-5-12
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

davawt Posted at 2017-5-12 14:57
Cheers RedHotPoker,
I think it should arrived sometime next week, then try and do some flying ( Learning ) and taking photos.
Very good place this forum, very quick help, i'll learn but it all takes time, specially when you are getting on a bit like me, but I love techno stuff and these drones are the way to go and I like photos ( printed ) rather than just on my phone.

There was a survey a few months ago requesting us to post our age groups. It's quite surprising just how many of us are actually senior citizens. So don't feel alone. ;-)

I'm 63, and loving every minute of it.... Haha

It's a wonderful community and extended RC family. Aside from a couple of arses who continue to instigate trouble.

Enjoy the learning curve, and please utilize the (very basic) onboard flight SIM.
I bought a copy of Real Flight Drone SIM, and it is a great way to practice flight skills without paying for repairs or worse, a replacement drone. ;-)
Check it out at www.realflight.com or YouTube videos.

I wish I could play on mine today, but it's cyber attack Friday, so not worth tempting fate, turning on my Windows desktop.73 countries and tens of thousands of computers being held hostage. I won't turn my desktop on, for fear of an attack...

Hopefully they eventually find and arrest these pirates....

RedHotPoker

2017-5-12
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have that remote and love it.
I like it so well, that I have ordered a Crystal Sky for my Inspire.
No more hoodies!!!
2017-5-12
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Aeromirage Posted at 2017-5-12 15:19
I have that remote and love it.
I like it so well, that I have ordered a Crystal Sky for my Inspire.
No more hoodies!!!

Hahaha, the new hoodies have arrived. So relax and take a load off... Ha
Made for travel, but you can use your imagination. Ha

RedHotPoker
2017-5-12
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I expected as much...........
2017-5-12
Use props
AlaskanTides
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1032293 ft
United States

I prefer a Tablet. Simply for third party Apps
However It would be awesome to have both...

2017-5-12
Use props
BobUnplugged
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1140502 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the P4P+ (with the Crystal Sky display), but I am looking for a regular non-display controller so that I can have both.
2017-5-13
Use props
davawt
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well Bobunplugged, I have read somewhere that you can control the camera from one while flying using the other, I think that would really need two people though.
and I am not sure if that applied the the P4 Pro+ , I might do a google for that later,
Bye
Dave
2017-5-13
Use props
Woodwanger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I really love the crystalsky monitor on my P4 pro +, I would have thought it would have been available for the Mavic by now.....maybe it ain't ever gonna happen now!
2017-5-13
Use props
squirrel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 72618 ft
United States

My Phantom 4 Pro + has a great display, so far I have not needed any sun shields. It can be seen well even in bright sunlight, I will recommend it, naturally it could always be a little bigger..
2017-5-13
Use props
davawt
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Woodwanger Posted at 2017-5-13 03:08
I really love the crystalsky monitor on my P4 pro +, I would have thought it would have been available for the Mavic by now.....maybe it ain't ever gonna happen now!

Hi Woodwanger,
I was thinking the same thing, maybe the Mavic is not compatible with Crystal sky setup OS. But it would certainly make the Mavic better.
bye,
Dave
2017-5-14
Use props
davawt
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

squirrel Posted at 2017-5-13 04:00
My Phantom 4 Pro + has a great display, so far I have not needed any sun shields. It can be seen well even in bright sunlight, I will recommend it, naturally it could always be a little bigger..

Hi Squirrel,
Cant wait to get started coming next week, yes it would always be nice for a bigger display but where do you stop, I like the compact display and prefer it built in like this one, I noticed DJI did the crystal sky with a version of Android not the IOS Apple use, I wonder why.
Unless apple won't do the OS without the software dpi go4 app or even wanted the hardware as well to be Apple stuff.
bye
Dave
2017-5-14
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

At first I thought it was small, but it only took me a few days to get used to it.
The display on my GH4 is smaller than that and I have no problem with composition with that camera.
2017-5-14
Use props
davawt
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi guys, just an up date, I have received my Phantom 4 Plus and can definitely say it's perfect, the screen is great for me and this thing flys great no messing about.
I only had to do the up dates first but the instructions are on the controller screen so very easy. When I start to take some photos I will try and upload them.
Thanks for everybody's help, bye
Dave
2017-5-21
Use props
drone for trave
lvl.1

United States

squirrel Posted at 2017-5-13 04:00

So you have the Pro+ with the DJI Display?  I looked on the DJI site and you can only get the remote with or without the DJI Display, so if you bought the 4 Pro and not the Phantom 4 Pro+ - then you will need to add something like an iPad Mini if you want the display - am I correct?

New to this an trying to figure out if the extra $300 for the Pro+ that includes the display is the way to go versus getting the Pro without display and adding an iPad.  Others mention 3 party apps to which the DJI display cannot use versus the iPad which you can, so are those Apps really worth getting the iPad and Pro?
2017-5-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

drone for trave Posted at 2017-5-22 08:39
So you have the Pro+ with the DJI Display?  I looked on the DJI site and you can only get the remote with or without the DJI Display, so if you bought the 4 Pro and not the Phantom 4 Pro+ - then you will need to add something like an iPad Mini if you want the display - am I correct?

New to this an trying to figure out if the extra $300 for the Pro+ that includes the display is the way to go versus getting the Pro without display and adding an iPad.  Others mention 3 party apps to which the DJI display cannot use versus the iPad which you can, so are those Apps really worth getting the iPad and Pro?

You don't necessarily have to go the Apple route, but it's the idea of having more 'control', per say, by using a mobile device that can load 3rd party apps. If you wanted to use Ground Station Pro at this time, that's the only app that requires an iPad at this time. If you don't use the latter and don't want to have your tablet syphoned of battery, then getting the built in display would be the best route at the moment.
2017-5-22
Use props
davawt
lvl.3
  • >>>
Sweden

drone for trave Posted at 2017-5-22 08:39

Hi Drone for trave,
I ended up buying a Phantom 4 pro + Plus with Display from (Drones fro Less) here in the UK, they did it for £1499, and last time I looked they still are.
That's here in the UK is the very best price I could find. The eBay item (controller with display) went to pricy for me, so looked around and found (Drones for Less) if you ask retailers they can if they are willing do a deal that may suit you better than the full kit with display by including a iPad or other tablet. hope this helps, bye
Dave
2017-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules