Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Props rattling update with video
1212 15 2017-5-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JoePGM
lvl.3
Flight distance : 391293 ft
United Kingdom

Hey Pilots.

Here are some more clues for you about the props. I just received my I2 yesterday and never been fly. Instead I'm looking into all your post about rattling and so testing mine.
I can confirm the 8 props (4 red 4 white) that come with my pack, all of them have foam, and 3 of them have digit "2" under it (2 white 1 red). Here are some photo about my digit2 props. And also a quick video showing the rattling on both foamed and digit2 version.

IMG_20170512_231430.jpg IMG_20170512_231445.jpg

If you just receive your I2 recent days, check all your props, there may mixed with digit2 version!

2017-5-12
Use props
JoePGM
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Calling DJI-Jamie, I have sent an email to support.eu@dji.com with request number 539350. Hopefully my case could escalate quickly.

Thank youy
2017-5-12
Use props
JoePGM
lvl.3
United Kingdom

this video shows the rattling issue better

2017-5-13
Use props
JBSonic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 779019 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi Joe, this is a common issue, most Inspire 2's have this problem.
There is no fix.

It has in rare circumstances led to crashes but that's hard to prove, but it does cause vibration.

Only DJI can resolve this, but it has been 6 months
2017-5-14
Use props
JoePGM
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Hi JBSonic, I know it is a common issue, I have sent email to DJI EU and hope that they could send me replacement props since my I2 is still in brand-new and never starting the motor or register
2017-5-14
Use props
JBSonic
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hey Joe,

yes you did the right thing. The problem is that they send you the same prop back with a foam insert. This shouldn't rattle when first used, but will start rattling again after a few flights (as the foam gets compressed and wears out). Maybe one could replace the foam inserts after 2-3 flights.
Good luck anyway.
2017-5-14
Use props
epicjib
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3016060 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DJI placed the the foam in the props just to keep them quite so people would not notice the noise but this does nothing to fix the real issue. The problem is that the props or the hub has excessive clearance causing the prop to wobble on the mount. In this video he describes the issue and fixes this with a CA glue on the prop edges building up the surface so that it takes up for the microscopic clearance issue. I Tested this on mine and it works fine. I am sure DJI is going to come out with yet another prop design or just manufacture the parts with the proper tolerances.

2017-5-14
Use props
JBSonic
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

epicjib Posted at 2017-5-14 10:28
DJI placed the the foam in the props just to keep them quite so people would not notice the noise but this does nothing to fix the real issue. The problem is that the props or the hub has excessive clearance causing the prop to wobble on the mount. In this video he describes the issue and fixes this with a CA glue on the prop edges building up the surface so that it takes up for the microscopic clearance issue. I Tested this on mine and it works fine. I am sure DJI is going to come out with yet another prop design or just manufacture the parts with the proper tolerances.

https://youtu.be/H4jsB7qvN5Y

Yea its a good workaround, but I think many will wait for the official fix. There is also the problem that if it crashes they might not respect the warranty considering that your manipulated the props.
They probably had a lot of stock of these props so before feeding in the new updated versions they want to get rid of all the bad ones instead of throwing them out maybe?
2017-5-14
Use props
JoePGM
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Hey DJI, I need a replacement of my props. I can confirm the digit2 props are all good, my bird is still in brand new condition. All my 8 props, 3 of them are digit2, 5 of them are not, I need replacement for that 5 props please!
2017-5-15
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

JoePGM Posted at 2017-5-12 15:13
Calling DJI-Jamie, I have sent an email to  with request number 539350. Hopefully my case could escalate quickly.

Thank youy

I've notified the appropriate team to get this better sorted for you.
2017-5-16
Use props
JoePGM
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Thank you Jamie, will keep update here
2017-5-17
Use props
JoePGM
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Hi DJI-Jamie, it seems like no anyone reading and responding to my case, I'm still waiting for my props and my bird still in the box never get start!
2017-5-22
Use props
JoePGM
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Hey DJI, where are my props replacement??? I didn't heard back anymore from your team! I need an answer!
2017-5-23
Use props
JoePGM
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Hi DJI.

After waiting for near a month. I receive the replacement props today. However, all the props are the simple foamed version only, none of them are the new version with Digit2 underneath.

I'm very very disappointed. Time wasted, nothing resolve from DJI. My Day1 post mentioned clearly the only props that could fix the rattling is "digit2" version, but now, DJI just simply throw out the defective items to customer.

{:4_117:}
2017-6-8
Use props
DS924
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4028425 ft
United States

I now have 3 out of 4 props/mounts doing this. I saw elsewhere in this forum a reference to carbon fiber props - fixed, not folding - from Kopterworx. I ordered 2 complete sets and I'm hope I won't have to deal with the problem of getting things resolved through DJI. It just seems to me that props and mounts - even after replacement - are going to be a chronic problem that DJI will slow to resolve once and for all.  I'll gladly give up the convenience of quick-mounting props if it saves me from premature failure of bearings - or worse.
2017-6-8
Use props
JoePGM
lvl.3
United Kingdom

these are the props I receveied yesterday, an disappointed results after waiting for nearly a month
2017-6-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules