402205 465 2014-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

mgsf@embarqmail Posted at 2015-8-21 04:54
Hello DJI Forum.
Recently purchased a P3P with the intent of using it commercially to acquire aerial ...

Good to hear it! Enjoy.
2015-8-21
Use props
lyle
New

United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-8-22 06:32
Hi lyle,
This forum was created to  support all DJI users and so that users can share ideas and ans ...

Dave,
Thank you for your response. I just typed a long winded message and my iPad crashed.

Needless to say, removing my post was wrong.

Lyle
2015-8-21
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

No problem. Thanks for understanding. Sorry your post got taken out with the garbage. Like I said your post may have been ok, but the mess it created was not.
2015-8-21
Use props
Jim Lacey
New

United States

WHAT THE PHANTOM 3 INSTRUCTIONS
DON’T TELL YOU

Before you decide to throw your Phantom 3 (P3) off the bridge and then follow it
by jumping in yourself, let me assure you that there is probably nothing wrong with
your P3 – except DJI’s miserably inept instructions.

True, there’s a bunch to do before you can fly it but given the 30 hours you’ve already
spent pulling out your hair without getting anywhere, another 45 minutes isn’t going
to kill ya.

FIRST AND FOREMOST:
Not just any cell phone or tablet will work.  I went through nightmare scenarios with
an AT&T ZTE and an LG Tablet before I reluctantly gave in and purchased a Google Nexus
9 – which, yes, is on the DJI compatible list.  Soon after, I was airborne.

SECONDLY:
Do not start until you have fully charged all batteries, including however many backups
you purchased for the P3, including the DJI Remote Controller itself and last but not least,
the monitoring device (cell phone or tablet, etc.)

THIRDLY:
At this writing, 20 August 2015, do NOT download the DJI P3 APP nor update the DJI P3
FIRMWARE through any venue but Google Play Store.  This safeguard will change in time
for sure, but for now it is the greatest assurance that both will download properly and,
more importantly, LOAD properly.

FOURTHLY:
THE DOWNLOADS:
1.   FIRMWARE DOWNLOAD:  (http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/download)

a.   On the side of the P3 camera is an SD card. Push it  in gently and it will pop-out
          (spring load).  Remove it and insert it into your PC.  If you don’t have a corresponding
          receptacle in your PC you’ll have to purchase a MicroSDHC Card Adapter (Radio Shack,
          Best Buy, etc.). The SD card is inserted into this adapter and then the adapter
          itself is inserted into the corresponding receptacle of your PC.
     b.  Open the SD. Find the root directory.  Then download the DJI P3 FIRMWARE into
          this root directory.  The download is zipped and needs to be unzipped.  At one time when
          flying the P3 I kept getting the error message, “Camera overload.”  I had not
          unzipped the file yet.  After removing the SD card, unzipping the file and returning  it
          to the P3 camera, the message disappeared.  I don’t if this was just a coincidence, but
          the error message disappeared after that.
    c.   Once the FIRMWARE file is unzipped, return the SD card to the DJI P3 camera receptacle.

a.  You'll  of course want to download the APP directly to your monitoring  
    device (cell phone, tablet, etc).  You will NOT be able to open
    this in most cases until you have performed a vital step on
    your device (cell phone, tablet) that is NOT mentioned
    anywhere in the DJI instructions (which a terrible instruction
    overall, some parts of which appear in the main guide and
    others which remain scattered over other pages and
    instructionals).  Commentary a side, this vital step involves
    debugging your cell phone/tablet/etc.  BEFORE IT WILL  
    ALLOW YOU TO OPEN THE DJI P3 APP.  I cannot say this is
    a requirement in all instances (all cellphones/tablets) but it is
    definitely a requirement in the case of the Google Nexus 9.  
b.  Debugging requires that you open the SETTINGS inthe   
    Nexus9 and selecting DEVELOPER OPTIONS. Scroll down and place
    a checkmark in the checkbox, USB DEBUGGING. Youwill be walked
    through a couple of other steps before this action can becompleted.

Congratulations!  You are now ready to fly, that is, you may now open the DJI P3
App which, until now (until the cell phone/tablet had been set up for debugging),
would not “see”nor open the App.

The App itself will now walk you through some preliminary setups of its own
to include the mysterious and elusive step called "activation".  Few steps remain.
Don’t get too anxious because you’re closer than you may think,
less than 3-5 minutes.

Pay close attention to the DJI P3 APP instructional, most especially calibrating
the GPS system so that, if lost in flight or someemergency should befall the P3,
it can return HOME by itself.  

Oh yes, and Happy Trails!

2015-8-22
Use props
algonzo62
New

Thailand

Help, which cable do I unplug to disconnect gimbal motor. Camera submerged in water damage to camera and motor overload.
2015-8-23
Use props
sachin466665
New

Singapore

Hello, when DJI is plan to release follow-me feature for phantom 3 series?
2015-8-23
Use props
Cresent Walker
New

United States

Hi,

I have just bought the DJI NAZA M Lite Flight Control Board and having some trouble. I have a Dx6i Spektrum Transmitter and Ar610 Reciever(PPM Reciever). I have plugged the my Aux 1 channel to my X1, Gear to U, Throttle to T and so on. One of my question is do I need the X2 for anything. Another Problem I have is when I plug my LED into the computer, it turns on and flashes green and stays greem, but when I turn on the NAZA-M Assistant Software(MAC OS X Version 10.9.5) the 2 indicators on the bottom says red and blue. I know red mean that it's not connected but I know it is. My Transmitter is Binded with my Reciever also. Another thing is what is how do I programm my Transmiter to configure correctly with the NAZA M-Lite. I been looking everywhere but found no answers. I been working on this for a while now. Most people have Dx6,Dx7 or Fatuba. There really isn't anything for the Dx6i. Please help.
2015-8-25
Use props
MMatal1
New

South Africa

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-8-20 00:07
I think you will get a quicker answer to your question if you try to contact the authorities in Ist ...

Thanks Dave. I will make sure to contact the appropriate department and maybe having a permission issued if that's the case so at least official papers might be on my side.
If anyone from Turkey has a better knowledge, please , meanwhile feel free to contact me or reply to this message.
Many thanks in advance to all of you.
Cheers,
Mauro
2015-8-26
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

sachin466665@gm Posted at 2015-8-24 08:40
Hello, when DJI is plan to release follow-me feature for phantom 3 series?

We do not have a date for that yet.
2015-8-26
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

MMatal1 Posted at 2015-8-26 19:28
Thanks Dave. I will make sure to contact the appropriate department and maybe having a permission  ...

Glad I could help some...

Best of luck to you!
2015-8-26
Use props
NtzPrinter
lvl.1

United States

Hello everyone. I'm new to the forums and posting this as test to see if I can actually post something now.
2015-8-28
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

NtzPrinter Posted at 2015-8-28 04:39
Hello everyone. I'm new to the forums and posting this as test to see if I can actually post somethi ...

Looks like you can. Welcome to the DJI Forum.
2015-8-29
Use props
Sam.Zhuhai
New

China

I am new and love DJI flying
2015-9-1
Use props
Butcher
lvl.1

Netherlands

Hello can you not make a languesh translater in the DJI FORUM  Their many  people of different countrys ?

Regars Wiel Jagers
2015-9-5
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

You can use Google Translate.
We do not have a language translator built into the website and I doubt that is something that will be added anytime soon. Sorry.
2015-9-5
Use props
casamodi
New

Mozambique

hi guys ! have one question when will the new firmware for the the phantom 3 professional be released. this firmware was to be released today september 7 and there was an update for the follow me feature and the waypoints feature but i am checking the downloads sections and nothing has been released!  please advise!

2015-9-6
Use props
alessandrodelle
lvl.1

Italy

Hi guys! I'm new, nice to be in the dji forum
2015-9-9
Use props
jonjohns
New

United States

Hi, new to this forum and been trying to get in for a while.

2015-9-11
Use props
gseger1955
New
United States

Eirlink Posted at 2014-9-18 13:39
hello everyone....enjoy the forum. ask plenty of questions

up loaded new firmware on my P3 pro, worked fine, went to new location to fly I turn on power to controller and then power to P3, the problem is I forgot to remove the camera holder and I got a gimbal overload. now all it does is beep and won't stop. what can I do to fix it?
2015-9-11
Use props
cyclonera
New

Iraq

Hi Dji pilots,
I have a x8 cyclone copter with dji lightbridge downlink and dji naza v2
and its nice but I need to calibrate it,
I tried to do this by fast switching between gps and manual
but it's not working,
then i tried to plug the lightbridge  to the pc to connect to the wkm
and its failed again,
can you help me please ?
Regards,
cyclonera
2015-9-14
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

cyclonera Posted at 2015-9-14 12:48
Hi Dji pilots,
I have a x8 cyclone copter with dji lightbridge downlink and dji naza v2
and its nic ...

Try to vary the speed that you are switching the switch. It can be sensitive like that.
2015-9-15
Use props
brandon.m.obey
lvl.1

Canada

Anyone know of a fix for the Roll Axis drift that the Ronin M seems to have?
2015-9-18
Use props
rox68
lvl.1

Italy

Hello eberybody!!!! Phantom 3 pro
2015-9-22
Use props
bvm8139
New

United States

I am a brand new proud owner and pilot of a P3P.

Can someone please answer a couple of questions for me ?

1.)  I can't seem to get the "RTH" command to work ?   It lands, but it comes straight down where it is at the time, not where I took off from  ?

2.)  The Camera:
      Are the pictures and videos automatically saved on my iPhone 6 ?
      Are they automatically on the Micro SD Card, that I have to download to see ?
      I went to a "New Pilot Class" and the instructor said to make sure that I turn off the camera, before I turn off the copter, but I can't figure out how to turn off the camera ?
      I have stopped taking a video, is that what he meant by "Turning Off The Camera" ?

I really appreciate the help.

Thanks,

Brent
2015-9-23
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

bvm8139 Posted at 2015-9-23 07:00
I am a brand new proud owner and pilot of a P3P.

Can someone please answer a couple of questions fo ...

Hi Brent, welcome to the forum.

For your first question. The RTH is just landing because you are activating it close to where you are flying.
Try flying out over a field a good long ways and then try it. You need to be at least 20m away.

For your next question the pictures and video are only saved to the SD card in the camera on the Phantom. Not on your IPhone.
There is no off button on the camera. Your instructor was talking about stopping your recording of video before turning off the Phantom.

Please feel free to ask any questions. I would love to help.

Dave
2015-9-25
Use props
phantomme7
New

Yemen

Greetings and after you get to the problem is when I start to record videos or take pictures no picture appears on the screen of a mobile phone connected to the plane's control device directly, but when I put the memory card in the plane's computer show photos and videos ...
The second problem I tried updating system of the plane and when you put the memory card as the light began to update version located on camera lighting green and Red alternately and after several minutes the Red illuminated only with voice bieeeb
please send the solution quickly, thank you
2015-10-10
Use props
phantomme7
New

Yemen

Greetings and after you get to the problem is when I start to record videos or take pictures no picture appears on the screen of a mobile phone connected to the plane's control device directly, but when I put the memory card in the plane's computer show photos and videos ...
The second problem I tried updating system of the plane and when you put the memory card as the light began to update version located on camera lighting green and Red alternately and after several minutes the Red illuminated only with voice bieeeb
please send the solution quickly, thank you
2015-10-10
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

phantomme7 Posted at 2015-10-11 00:25
Greetings and after you get to the problem is when I start to record videos or take pictures no pict ...

Are you using a P3?

Have you checked the ribbon connector from your gimble to your bird it could be loose.
Power cycle everything, controller, Phantom, phone/tablet
Try leaving the P3 and RC turned on unplug the usb shut down the app replug Usb and restart app.
Try uninstalling the App and reinstalling it.
Try downgrading the firmware.
2015-10-14
Use props
infullview
New

United States

I just received my phantom 3 professional after downloading the new Firmware_v1.4.00 and updating my phantom3 it now just gives me load beeps with no light on. Only  the small red one on the gimbal will blink
i let it do this for about an hour till the battery died out. i tried to format the sd and re-downloaded the files , after this all i get is a loud beeping noise with no lights again. If anyone ran into the same problem or has helpful advice would be greatly appreciated . I'm ready to get this thing in the air!!!!
2015-10-15
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

That sounds bad. I think you will need to send it in. Sorry.
2015-10-16
Use props
jquino01
lvl.1

United States

Just got my P3 advanced. Lookung forward to using this forum to learn all about my new phantom
2015-10-18
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

Welcome to the forum
2015-10-28
Use props
gwoods
New

United States

I could use some help. Using my samsuge galaxy. wifi repeater connection failed?
2015-11-13
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

gwoods Posted at 2015-11-13 10:56
I could use some help. Using my samsuge galaxy. wifi repeater connection failed?

Try uninstalling the DJI app. Then do a hard shut down of your Samsung. Then reinstall the app.
2015-11-18
Use props
thumb
lvl.4
United States

I joined a few days ago and posted a question but no one has replied yet and I don't even see my post in the category I posted it in. Did I do something wrong?

Anyway, hoping to get a lot of info here and plan to be around for a long time.
2015-12-1
Use props
tom.trowell
lvl.3
Flight distance : 633901 ft
Canada

Eirlink Posted at 2014-9-18 10:39
hello everyone....enjoy the forum. ask plenty of questions

Ok, here goes.  My first question (s).  I hope I'm doing this right, I've never participated in these forums before but I'm desperate for some answers re my new P3 professional.
1) an easy one.  How will I know when my batter is fully charged.
2) my quick start guide says download the dpi pilot app which I can't find in the app store, I think I need the "go" app, can someone confirm

2015-12-1
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

tom.trowell Posted at 2015-12-1 15:45
Ok, here goes.  My first question (s).  I hope I'm doing this right, I've never participated in th ...

Yes, you do need the Go App.

You can check the battery levels in the Go App. Also if you want you can check 4 green leds on the battery.
2015-12-3
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

thumb Posted at 2015-12-1 15:26
I joined a few days ago and posted a question but no one has replied yet and I don't even see my pos ...

Not sure where your question is.

You can ask it here if you want.
2015-12-3
Use props
philml420
lvl.2

United States

I cant  make a post
2015-12-3
Use props
philml420
lvl.2

United States

Here it works, im very very very disappointed in phantom 3 standard  for one, all posts here is about anything but standard, second , the remote control is really really bad compare to my old vision
2015-12-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules