Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Activation Failed
8910 12 2017-5-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb479a221
New
Australia

Bought the Phantom 4 Pro Plus yesterday and can't for the life of me get the bloody thing connected.  I've tried dozens of times but the unit will not activate when I go through the steps.  I get all the way to the end and then I get an Activation Failed message and get told to retry, which doesn't work.

I've read a lot of different comments on this same issue on the net but I can't find the answer to get past this.  Does anybody know what I need to do?
2017-5-13
Use props
SM-17
Captain
Flight distance : 179288 ft
Malta

Make sure you are not using the plus (+) sign in the drone name
2017-5-13
Use props
davawt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4885 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi SM-17,
I am new also and will hopefully get my p4 Pro Plus next week, that tip about the way to write the drone name is very good I will remember that.
Bye
Dave
2017-5-13
Use props
CRKus
New
United States

There are a number of Mavic users, myself included, that are experiencing the same issue.
2017-6-8
Use props
CRKus
New
United States

Since I can't edit my prior post...

We've gotten some feedback from DJI saying that it's not a problem with their activation servers, and to try using a different e-mail address, making sure we're using an approved device with an approve OS version, making sure we're on WiFi, etc. None of it has helped anyone.

One user has even gone so far as to do three different exchanges at Best Buy to try to get a unit that is able to register, and it failed for them every time.

DJI has gone radio silent since earlier today regarding the issue.

Wish I had better news, but as least you know you're not alone.

The other threads...
https://forum.dji.com/thread-99257-1-1.html
https://forum.dji.com/thread-99208-1-1.html
2017-6-8
Use props
userb4ffdd08f4
New
Flight distance : 13825 ft
United States

Okay, so after having the same issues as you guys, I have found a solution for not being able to activate. First, I downgraded my software on my remote to the earliest software that I could. Restarted remote and linked to aircraft. I was then able to take it out of travel mode. Turned off remote and did an upgrade on the aircraft. Once completed, rebooted aircraft. Turned remote back on and upgraded remote to the latest software. Rebooted remote and linked to aircraft again. Tried activating again and it was succesfull. Thank goodness. Hope this helps.
2017-6-14
Use props
userb4ffdd08f4
New
Flight distance : 13825 ft
United States

To go along with the above comment. If you do not know how to downgrade your remote control, open your DJI Go app and on the main page you will see three lines in the top right hand corner of the page. Press and hold down and it should pull up a page that gives you the option to downgrade your software.
2017-6-14
Use props
HugoTW
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3723757 ft
  • >>>
Taiwan

SM-17 Posted at 2017-5-13 02:04
Make sure you are not using the plus (+) sign in the drone name

Thank you, fixed the problem for me.
2017-8-16
Use props
djiuser_yBCorqL
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1606276 ft
United States

Hi all. Very New here Had the same issue with ServerbackFail. Now it won't even go to acitvation mode. Is there something I am doing wrong?
2018-1-26
Use props
fansff8a2bc8
New
Flight distance : 65850 ft
Switzerland

djiuser_yBCorqL Posted at 2018-1-26 18:46
Hi all. Very New here Had the same issue with ServerbackFail. Now it won't even go to acitvation mode. Is there something I am doing wrong?

Just a short note: after several fails I tried to activate the Beginner Mode and Named the Drone totally simple like "Daniel" and it worked - I know its old but maybe it helps
2018-10-5
Use props
tmjinlm
New

United States

fansff8a2bc8 Posted at 2018-10-5 09:52
Just a short note: after several fails I tried to activate the Beginner Mode and Named the Drone totally simple like "Daniel" and it worked - I know its old but maybe it helps

Goggles V2-Does any one know how to start the activation  process again? I started to activate (in the dji assistant 2 app), the battery died and activation did not complete.  Now, I turn "on" the goggles and it displays "need to activate". When I log into DJI and plug in goggles. It wont let me complete activation.

Any help is appreciated
2021-2-24
Use props
djiuser_3AGIyaCL9zeY
New
Montenegro

Hello, i am about to purchase a dji phantom 4 pro, can I send the serial number here to check if everything is okay? To see if its not stolen?

This is the serial number

07DDD2GV100394
2021-2-27
Use props
djiuser_cHntgInhvLqH
New

Jamaica

Not sure if this will help. Are you running a VPN on your phone during the activation process if so turn it off and try again. This solved my problem...Greg S.
2021-5-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules