Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
changing RHT position when flying
807 5 2017-5-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans90eb8297
lvl.1
Flight distance : 114177 ft
France

Hello,
I going to film a boat from another boat..and of course we are going to move. My question can i change the RTH position during fly to bring back my P4 in case of emergency?
thnak you .

2017-5-13
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Yes.   You can change your homepoint to the current GPS location of your mobile device.  It would be best to do this periodically during the flight rather than after you lose connection.  
2017-5-13
Use props
Labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

You can reset the home point to the current location of the controller (as long as your phone or tablet is GPS enabled) or you can just reset to the Phantom's current location.
Either would be just as good if you are filming the boat you are on.

Whatever you do, experiment on dry land to make sure you know what you are doing.
Out on a boat, just one mistake can easily be your last.
2017-5-13
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You need to update the home point manually, the system will not continually update your position. With that in mind it might be worth considering setting the signal loss response to 'hover' rather than RTH. Also consider the 'smart RTH' where it will calculate battery needed to get home (sliding 'H' on battery bar). IF you haven't reset RTH for a while and the system thinks battery is approaching the value where it needs to go home then it may head off in opposite direction to previous home point. Bear in mind though that you can disable 'smart RTH' or any RTH for that matter and take control yourself. As suggested above try out various scenarios on dry land, go through all the 'what if' situations. There are a few posts in the forum about Phantoms heading off into the distance or auto-landing (low battery) over water, never to be seen again.

Also bear in mind that the GPS/GLONASS co-ordinates from some tablet and phone  receivers may not be as accurate as you would want.
2017-5-14
Use props
sebP4
lvl.1
France

thank you very much for your answer. I appreciate.
2017-5-16
Use props
sebP4
lvl.1
France

oups sorry guys... thank you very much all of you .
Take care .
2017-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules