Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
help please !! super frustrated with this Osmo of mine
685 6 2017-5-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
scottse55
lvl.1
United States

So now i know that theres for sure something wrong with my Osmo, watch the test video blelow, recorded in 4K 30FPS

At first the quality is ok but you can clearly see where i stop recording and start recording again how the aspect and quality of the footage changes, all i did was stop recording and then start recording none of the setting were changed at all, can someone please help me with this issue, im so disapionted in this Camera and wish i never bought it..

2017-5-13
Use props
dr.nick
lvl.3
United States

Are you sourcing this footage off the phone or off the SD card?  Which version of the Osmo do you have?
2017-5-13
Use props
scottse55
lvl.1
United States

off the SD card and ive tried multipul SD cards its just a OSMO not a Osmo +
2017-5-13
Use props
dr.nick
lvl.3
United States

Fixed lens Osmo is evidently better for doing anything "action sports-ish" than the + so that's the right flavor of Osmo.  

You should know that that's a very very tough scene for a small chip camera shooting in the h.264 codec to handle.  Lots of details in the pavement, trees etc and it's changing super rapidly.  My guess is that it's too much information changing too quickly for the data/processing pipeline to be able to handle it cleanly.  If you don't truly need it in 4K you might get better results shooting in 1080 or 720.  That's a lot less pixels for the camera to try and process.  Using a super fast SD card will help too. I'd be curious to see what happens if you shot the same scene again in 1080.
2017-5-13
Use props
dr.nick
lvl.3
United States

This is a bit of a reach but it also occurred to me that a z-axis stabilizer might help as well.  Small vibrations through the mount means that those trees and pavement pebbles are changing every micro second.  Might get a little better to take out the small camera bounces as much as possible.
2017-5-13
Use props
scottse55
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for the help dr.nick, I just went and returned my old Osmo and exchanged it for a new one just filmed a couple of tests and it seems so far to be tons better,  same SD card Im guess the sensor was defective in my old unit Ill play with it tomorrow and see how it goes..  
2017-5-13
Use props
dr.nick
lvl.3
United States

scottse55 Posted at 2017-5-13 13:45
Thanks for the help dr.nick, I just went and returned my old Osmo and exchanged it for a new one just filmed a couple of tests and it seems so far to be tons better,  same SD card Im guess the sensor was defective in my old unit Ill play with it tomorrow and see how it goes..

Excellent.  Glad you sorted it.  DJI quality control doesn't appear to be the best.  No shortage of lemons.
2017-5-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules