Need my confidence back DJI !
1116 10 2017-5-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Compo777
lvl.1
Flight distance : 735509 ft
United Kingdom

Just had to send my P4P back to DJI after a complete power failure at 70 feet crashed it to the earth destroying gimble, landing gear and shell. Data logs i posted on phantom pilots forum indicated a power loss to all motors. I hope i can prove manufacturer fault !. My 2nd Mavic arrived yesterday ( the first was purchased 2 weeks ago but disconnected from any phone/tablet i used constantly where it was too risky to take the bird up in the air. I've now lost all my confidence in flying and and after seeing loads of issues with the new FW 0.700 update i'm afraid to do that as well for fear of that falling out of the sky.
I've have spent all that money on drones i don't want to send more than 10 feet up and 10 feet away now as i have a phobia of disconnect or power failure. When will my confidence return ?
2017-5-13
Use props
Compo777
lvl.1
United Kingdom

https://www.dropbox.com/s/afgsyd ... -05_FLY162.DAT?dl=0
2017-5-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry to hear about the experience with DJI product. Did you get in touch with our tech support and send it in for further evaluation?
Our engineers will help to analyse the flight data and let you know what could have caused the issue.
2017-5-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Here's a tip, to check aircraft is working fine.

Start it up, raise 2m hover for 30 seconds
Fly forward 1/2 meter fly backward 1/2 meter
Fly left 1/2 meter fly right 1/2 meter
Up 1/2 meter down 1/2 meter yaw left yaw right.
Each time bringing aircraft back to hovering position.
If aircraft returns to horizontal each time you have a good craft.
This exercise will take less than 2 minutes, and it will ensure you have good gps good IMU good compass and now your good to fly. Enjoy.
2017-5-14
Use props
Compo777
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-5-14 00:21
Sorry to hear about the experience with DJI product. Did you get in touch with our tech support and send it in for further evaluation?
Our engineers will help to analyse the flight data and let you know what could have caused the issue.

Yes I uploaded the flight data txt do DJI. Never got any info back about the data log apart from send it in and we will evaluate when it gets here. I have now sent it off on Tuesday.
2017-5-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Compo777 Posted at 2017-5-14 01:14
Yes I uploaded the flight data txt do DJI. Never got any info back about the data log apart from send it in and we will evaluate when it gets here. I have now sent it off on Tuesday.

After received your drone, our engineers will help to evaluate it.
Please wait patiently. If you have any further query about your case, please feel free to let me know.
2017-5-14
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

About the MAVIC .700 Go check this link and post your phnoe/tablet/OS etc

http://forum.dji.com/thread-95617-1-1.html
2017-5-14
Use props
Compo777
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Just an update..My p4p is in the Netherlands awaiting evaluation at the moment and my new mavic pro arrived in the week. I have taken it out twice so far and both times used all 3 batteries. I updated the 0.700 firmware with no issues at all. I have not had a single disconnect in 3 hrs of being airborne. Everything is perfect and working fine. I checked the serial number to see when it was made and it came up April 29th so it is a very new model/ I used the same iPhone 7 and no issues at all so I firmly believe there was a duff batch out there. My last one would disconnect randomly at any time so there was definitely a fault with it. With my new mavic my faith is being gradually restored now....just hope they can fix my p4p now under warranty .
2017-5-21
Use props
Compo777
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thankyou DJI for a quick response on my drone and that it will be repaired free of charge
2017-5-24
Use props
Compo777
lvl.1
United Kingdom

CAS-635284-C5N8D0
Would DJI please let me know what the error was down to ..i.e battery failure, drone failure etc etc . The case number is above. Great service DJI . Thank you very much. Faith restored !!!
2017-5-24
Use props
PBlackman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36168 ft
Brazil

Compo777 Posted at 2017-5-24 10:18
CAS-635284-C5N8D0
Would DJI please let me know what the error was down to ..i.e battery failure, drone failure etc etc . The case number is above. Great service DJI . Thank you very much. Faith restored !!!

Did you get a reply from DJI about the cause of the failure?
2017-8-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules