922 11 2017-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans9df4bef7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 436345 ft
Poland

Hi,
Could you please help me with my movies from Mavic? I tried with 4K, full HD; with oryginal 16GB Lexar, with my 32GB Sandisk. The movies are still with distortions. Where is my mistake?

Rgds
Darek

Www.fotek.eu/dji/DJI_0009.MP4
2017-5-14
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

When you are taking the video, do you see the distortions on your phone/tablets in real time?

Did you copy the videos to your computer from the SD card and played them, do you still see the distortions?

If you used different setting  do you have the distortions or is it only in 4K?

What type of phone/tablet/OS?

2017-5-14
Use props
fans9df4bef7
lvl.1
Poland

Hi.
I use Samsung Galaxy Tab S2.  The distortions are on tablet (and files saved on tablet) and on files saved on Mavic's SD card.  
2017-5-14
Use props
fans9df4bef7
lvl.1
Poland

The files saved on tablet are in HD (720), but on Mavic's card Full HD (1080) as I set. As I learned it is OK, but distortions should not appear
2017-5-14
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

You often see this when the gimbaled camera meets wind gusts or sudden stops and accelerations, especially in sports mode. If it happens all the time you'd want to open a support case, but if it's just an occasional thing then it's likely to be due to one of the above scenarios. Hope this helps.
2017-5-14
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

You can try the AUTO CALIBRATION  and then try taking a video while the MP is sitting on a solid object and see if it does it.

If not, then try it outside while hovering around 5 to 10' and see it will do it. Baby steps so you can eliminate the obvious. Also if you can upload flight log to see if you are getting any warnings!

Good luck and let us know!
2017-5-14
Use props
fans9df4bef7
lvl.1
Poland

I am beginer,  so I do not fly in sport mode. I tried to fly in good weather condition,  but I had a warnings regarding strong wind, time to time.
To be honest, the movies and photos (please see attachments) are sharp!! .... so it should not be a wind (IMO).
The distortions are in horizontal stripes only.

Www.fotek.eu/dji/DJI_0003.jpg
Www.fotek.eu/dji/DJI_0004.jpg
2017-5-14
Use props
EastyT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 970374 ft
United States

fans9df4bef7 Posted at 2017-5-14 11:18
I am beginer,  so I do not fly in sport mode. I tried to fly in good weather condition,  but I had a warnings regarding strong wind, time to time.
To be honest, the movies and photos (please see attachments) are sharp!! .... so it should not be a wind (IMO).

I know this doesn't address your obvious issue, but I think that building would have been cool if it was designed that way.  It looks great.  The curves in the vertical building lines even tie into the wavy shoreline.  Cool.
2017-5-14
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

fans9df4bef7 Posted at 2017-5-14 11:18

The gimbal does an amazing job at stabilizing the camera, even in strong wind and fast movement, but it can't compensate for everything. From the video you can tell it was a windy environment and you admit the app warned you about wind, so I suspect that's the likeliest cause.

If the effect is continually present then that's an indicator of an out of place gimbal mount.
2017-5-14
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

In the two still images, that's the strangest thing I've seen in a long time.  Twilight Zone
2017-5-14
Use props
fans9df4bef7
lvl.1
Poland

Factoring to your suggestion I had a few tests.
1. I had a few flights with gimbal cover.  There was no distortions, but some blinks from plastic cover
2017-5-17
Use props
fans9df4bef7
lvl.1
Poland

Sorry  my last replay was incomplete.

According to your suggestion I had a few tests.
1. I had a few flights with gimbal cover.  There was no distortions, but some blinks from plastic cover
2. I saw  a lot of movies with strong wind tests on FB. They had stronger (much more!) wind than me! They got a movies without  distortions!

So I am not sure that distortions are caused by strong wind!  (only)

Do you have and suggestion or tips? Maybe some gimbal calibration or special settings for gimbal etc?
2017-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules