Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo Mobile + GoPro?
31249 8 2017-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans426e3c06
New

United States

Hello, I have a GoPro Hero 5 and was wondering if others have combined it with the Osmo Mobile. Here are my questions:

1) With the GoPro & Osmo Mobile alone (without using the app or my phone), can I just turn on the Osmo and it'll immediately start stabilizing? I don't need the phone app at all right?

2) What features/advantages am I missing if I use the GoPro+Osmo rather than the Go4 App/Phone+Osmo? I guess I can use the GoPro app to view my footage?

3) Can I still do motion timelapses using my phone while the GoPro is mounted via the Go4 app right?

4) My phone is a Google Nexus 6p, which I use to fly the DJI Mavic with; however, the Go4 app consistently crashed thus I got an Ipad. How's the Go4 App on Androids work with the Osmo mobile? Is it glitchy?

5) Can I charge the Osmo Mobile with an Anker external battery 26800 mAh (3x ports; Output 5V 6A (3A max per port))?

Thanks, much appreciated ;)

2017-5-14
Use props
joshcolvey
lvl.1
United States

I have the same questions. I am looking to buy the grip or the mobile Osmo as i have gopros and a new 5 black as well. Wans to know if maybe i can use the video out of gopro to my phone as a display and still be able to use all the app features through the gopro..  Good luck!!!
2017-6-11
Use props
alphacrust
lvl.2
Flight distance : 33566 ft
United Kingdom

You wouldn't be able to use the DJI Go app and it's features with the GoPro natively.  As the vlogger in the video has done, you'd need to mount the GoPro in an adapter then maybe look at using the wifi facility in the GoPro to broadcast to a mobile mounted via the the universal adapter.
2017-6-13
Use props
fans095481d6
New
Flight distance : 82185 ft
Ireland

He could still use the timelapse feature of the go pro with the DJI osmo and have fantastic results.
2017-6-14
Use props
fansd8b91b11
lvl.1
Flight distance : 141427 ft
Brazil

Well. TKS for sharing this cool info. I did exactly this mount with the adapter and GOPRO Hero 5 but holding Osmo in vertical position makes the front motor to appear in video... Dont you have this issue ? What i did wrong ? Best regards : Juan
2017-11-14
Use props
fansd8b91b11
lvl.1
Flight distance : 141427 ft
Brazil

Well. TKS for sharing this cool info. I did exactly this mount with the adapter and GOPRO Hero 5 but holding Osmo in vertical position makes the front motor to appear in video... Dont you have this issue ? What i did wrong ? Best regards : Juan
2017-11-14
Use props
Voyboy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1581 ft
Canada

fansd8b91b11 Posted at 2017-11-14 02:29

I have heard other people say that because of the go pro's wide angle sometimes u will get the front motor but if you switch to Linear mode then it doesnt shoot as wide
2017-11-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

1. You are right.
2. The Go app has some settings that you can't change otherwise. BUT you probably only set them once and leave them like that for a long time.
3. I am not sure. It uses the Go app to capture images of each point. Not sure if it needs that to run. It might be worth a try!
4. It is the Go app, not the Go4 for Osmo Mobile. I have not tested it on an Android device yet. It probably also depends on the manufacturer. DJI's own crystalsky runs on Android. So it 'should' be possible.
5. That I don't know. I am no electrician. It has enough power for sure, but I don't know it it can handle the current it outputs.

You will have to make sure the combo balances right. Otherwise the motors will have problems balancing and you might end up with less stable footage and / or a broken gimbal.
I don't want to push you away from DJI (I love the Osmo Mobile), but if you want a Gimbal for your GoPro, why not buy one for the GoPro?
The GoPro gives great footage and if you already have it, why not use it with a gimbal designed for the GoPro?
2017-11-27
Use props
Digitaldiem
New
United States

fansd8b91b11 Posted at 2017-11-14 02:30

Juan, I know this is old, but I have the OSMO Mobile 2 and a Sioti Adapter fro my GoPro Hero 5. You can edit the front gimbal out by cropping the video. The only issue I seem to be having at the moment is some sort of sound being made by the gimbal. It only does with the perfectly balanced GoPro but it almost sounds like wind noise. You can't hear it until you watch the video. It doesn't do it with my phone. Other than that it works great just make sure you balance it correctly or the gimbals work too hard.
2018-3-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules