DJI Focus Handwheel 1 & 2
6806 16 2017-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
creative noodle
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40446 ft
United States

I had just ordered the DJI Focus Handwheel and a couple days later noticed there is a DJI Focus Handwheel 2 available. The new one costs $50 more but doesn't come with the Communication Cable (another $29). There isn't any good description on how the 2 versions differ. Anyone know what the deal is with these two? Is there upgrade worth the extra $80?!?

Thanks!
2017-5-14
Use props
Advocate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1076909 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'm curious to know what the difference is too.  I'm looking to buy a focus wheel at the end of the month but will hold off until I know what the difference is so that I buy the better one ;)
2017-5-15
Use props
creative noodle
lvl.2
United States

Advocate Posted at 2017-5-15 04:30
I'm curious to know what the difference is too.  I'm looking to buy a focus wheel at the end of the month but will hold off until I know what the difference is so that I buy the better one ;)

Yeah, I wish someone would let us know. I tried chatting with a DJI rep on-line, but they just kept copying and pasting the description from the product page, as if I don't know how to read that information myself. I really need to buy soon, so someone please help us choose!!!
2017-5-15
Use props
danirvine 1
lvl.2
Australia

same here
i cant find a single thing on the new wheel .
for me focus is still a massive issue the this camera ...come to think of it so is the connection speed ,audio, starting to think i may have got the wrong camera ?
looks to me the osmo mobile works better that the pro re focus
2017-5-15
Use props
creative noodle
lvl.2
United States

Sure would be nice if someone from DJI would comment on this! It's not exactly a cheap accessory...
2017-5-15
Use props
martinfueloep
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1551401 ft
  • >>>
Austria

As far as I have read/seen the Handwheel 2 has got a switch to turn it off, there is also a "Lens"-Button, but I do not know what it does control. It has got a different connector to the Handwheel 1, and if you use it with the Inspire 2 you do not need an extra cable, because it has got pins on the backside which connect to the mount.
I can't tell if there is a difference in the functionality, but what I can say is that the Handwheel 1 already works great.

2017-5-15
Use props
creative noodle
lvl.2
United States

martinfueloep Posted at 2017-5-15 23:41
As far as I have read/seen the Handwheel 2 has got a switch to turn it off, there is also a "Lens"-Button, but I do not know what it does control. It has got a different connector to the Handwheel 1, and if you use it with the Inspire 2 you do not need an extra cable, because it has got pins on the backside which connect to the mount.
I can't tell if there is a difference in the functionality, but what I can say is that the Handwheel 1 already works great.

Thanks for your input Martin! I have an Inspire 1 Pro, but my main reason for getting the Handwheel is for the Osmo. I think I would rather stick with the Handwheel 1, but it's shipping time says 15-20 business days. Handwheel 2 says 5-7 business days. Guess they're phasing out the 1...
2017-5-16
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

According to DJI, the difference between 1 & 2 is 1 is for X5 camera/inspire 1 hardware. 2 is for inspire 2 hardware.
2017-5-18
Use props
Inspire aerial
New

Australia

Hey guys this is easy. The handwheel 1 doesn't  have a lens button as opposed to the handwheels 2. The handwheel 2 lets you control aside from the focus, apature and zoom by pressing the lens button. The handwheel 1 only lets you control focus.
2017-7-20
Use props
giero
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7357333 ft
  • >>>
Poland

You can control apature and zoom with handwheel 1. To do you need change this option in app (probably only in Android).
2017-9-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

giero Posted at 2017-9-20 00:26
You can control apature and zoom with handwheel 1. To do you need change this option in app (probably only in Android).

iOS device is the same.
2017-9-20
Use props
fans54917e7e
New
United States

The HR5 cable broke on my OSMO Pro. I've been waiting for DJI to sell/send me one for 9 months. They don't sell them in their online store. I need the one that came with the Focus Handwheel 1 (HR5 connector on both ends). DJI is terrible when it comes to customer service. A bunch of empty promises. I wanted to buy the new one handwheel but I don't even think it comes with the cable at all. How do they expect us to use it with the Osmo Pro if they don't even sell the cable? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
2017-9-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans54917e7e Posted at 2017-9-24 11:58
The HR5 cable broke on my OSMO Pro. I've been waiting for DJI to sell/send me one for 9 months. They don't sell them in their online store. I need the one that came with the Focus Handwheel 1 (HR5 connector on both ends). DJI is terrible when it comes to customer service. A bunch of empty promises. I wanted to buy the new one handwheel but I don't even think it comes with the cable at all. How do they expect us to use it with the Osmo Pro if they don't even sell the cable? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

We are sorry to hear about your experience with our customer service, how did you contact our support before? Did you get any ticket number or case number that we can look into?
2017-9-25
Use props
NICO26
New
France

fans54917e7e Posted at 2017-9-24 11:58
The HR5 cable broke on my OSMO Pro. I've been waiting for DJI to sell/send me one for 9 months. They don't sell them in their online store. I need the one that came with the Focus Handwheel 1 (HR5 connector on both ends). DJI is terrible when it comes to customer service. A bunch of empty promises. I wanted to buy the new one handwheel but I don't even think it comes with the cable at all. How do they expect us to use it with the Osmo Pro if they don't even sell the cable? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hi There. I have the same problem : desperatly looking for the HR5 Cable to use with my OSMO PRO with Handwheel 1... If you know where it's possible to buy it, anywhere on the planet... Thank you
2018-11-5
Use props
aerialview..
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5743967 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

NICO26 Posted at 11-5 08:10
Hi There. I have the same problem : desperatly looking for the HR5 Cable to use with my OSMO PRO with Handwheel 1... If you know where it's possible to buy it, anywhere on the planet... Thank you

I'm also looking for one of these. Does anyone know where you can get one?
2018-12-3
Use props
aerialview..
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5743967 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

aerialview.. Posted at 2018-12-3 02:18
I'm also looking for one of these. Does anyone know where you can get one?

Ended up buying two OSMO Pro Wired cables and making a new cable with the same end at each end. About 20 cables to join together, was well fiddly and took an hour but all sorted and works a treat! Can now control focus, zoom, etc. - so much better!
2019-1-7
Use props
chris.chrisodomphoto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3302110 ft
  • >>>
United States

aerialview.. Posted at 1-7 04:30
Ended up buying two OSMO Pro Wired cables and making a new cable with the same end at each end. About 20 cables to join together, was well fiddly and took an hour but all sorted and works a treat! Can now control focus, zoom, etc. - so much better!

would you mind sharing how you made these cables? maybe even make a video? i am also looking for the focus wheel 1 osmo cable and DJI being as horrible as they are no longer sell them. help please!
2019-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules