Pro Res VS Cinema DNG
1288 1 2017-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
obadie
New
Flight distance : 73507 ft
United States

i just bought an inspire 2 with the X5S camera.  I'm trying to decide if I should buy cinema dng or pro res.  I'm mainly shooting real estate and would like to move into special events.  Is Pro Res a must?  This is all new to me and any advice is appreciated.  

Thanks
2017-5-14
Use props
Cobra44Magnum
lvl.4
Flight distance : 935135 ft
United States

I have an Inspire 2 with X5S and CineSSD. I bought the ProRes license because I plan to get my 107 and do some professional shoots with a buddy of mine. My opinion is that, unless you have a specific need for ProRes or CinemaDNG, I would use the H.264 (for 60fps) or H.265 (for 30fps) and convert to an NLE-friendly format. If your videos will be going on a web site (especially video sharing sites such as YouTube) you will not see enough difference for most content.

Also consider how much post-production work you are going to do to the footage. If all you are going to do is trim/transition/title/etc then there is little need for ProRes or CinemaDNG. If you are into color grading and other detailed post work then one of the add-on formats may be desirable.

Final thought is that ProRes and CinemaDNG will require quite a bit more storage space. ProRes 4444 XQ consumes over 15 GB per minute of video.
2017-5-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules