Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gimbal Question after crash,
595 3 2017-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DGarmon75
lvl.3
Flight distance : 168865 ft
United States

[size=14.6667px]Ok, about a month ago, I had my first crash, my fault trying to fly when it was too windy. Wasn't thinking and went sideways into a tree, then it bounced into the lake. Crazy as it sounds, it was able to fly out of the water after being completely submerged but then flew back into the same tree where it got stuck. It was still trying to fly though, but I was able to shut it down. The only physical damages were broken props, the battery's fried and the fact the it was completely water logged from being submerged for about 10 seconds.  

[size=14.6667px]I do have a warranty but not through DJI so after about a week of drying , it wouldn' turn on, so filed a claim and sent it in to repair.

[size=14.6667px]Well after being lied too and lied too about fixing water damage, which WAS covered under accidental warranty , they refused to fix it and sent it back to me. Well I got it back after a month and thought what the hell, put another battery and tried to turn it on. Well I'll be ****, it turned on. Everything seem to work, but one thing, the gimbal. When I booted it up the first time, the gimbal did it's normal move up and down move and then to the middle waiting for command, thinking this is promising. Unfortunately though, the gimbal would not accept any commands from the controller. I'm able to record video and take pictures but no movement on the gimbal. So I then started to tested everything else and to my surprise, it flys, well just flew a few but works fine with no errors on the go4 app. So it seems the only damage is the gimbal not accepting movement commands.
I've reached out to other forum and was asked if I was able to [size=14.6667px]calibrate[size=14.6667px] the gimbal but I haven't tried that yet but will later.

[size=14.6667px]Thought I would reach out to DJI forum also to see if anymore experts have any suggestions.

Thanks,

2017-5-15
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

In regards to water damage, the DJI Repair Center does not repair water damaged units due to the potential for short circuiting. In those cases, they are considered complete losses. If you had a 3rd party insurance, I've typically seen them cover the repair costs but I don't know what your insurance determined. The manufacturer's warranty can only cover malfunctions or factory defects, not accidents.

Outside of a calibration, it may require a ribbon cable replacement or a gimbal main board replacement, but I would be hesitant to mixed fresh parts with water damaged ones. That, however, would be at your discretion.
2017-5-15
Use props
Barath
New
India

Had a similar problem. The Gimbal cable would be damaged just need to get it replaced and it will work fine.
2017-5-16
Use props
DGarmon75
lvl.3
Flight distance : 168865 ft
United States

Barath Posted at 2017-5-16 04:25
Had a similar problem. The Gimbal cable would be damaged just need to get it replaced and it will work fine.

Yeah, that's what I've been seeing people saying about the cable. Looking into getting one ordered today. Thanks.
2017-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules