Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic crashed! Slow customer Support!
1254 19 2017-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Xanatos69
lvl.1
Flight distance : 141355 ft
Canada

I was flying back to my location in sport mode. Everything seemed good with no warnings. As soon as I released the controls to begin a hover I looked up to see the mavic tumbling from the sky. It was flipping and flopping not able to regain control. I was 100 meter high so it had plenty of time to recover. I applied full throttle to try to save it and it did sound like it accepted this input and powered up but it was still out of controluntil it fell in the ocean. The salt water is deep there so there was no point looking for it. It sucks that I lost the drone but a relief that no one was hurt or property damaged. I emailed DJI on March 27th and got a response back on April 5th saying it is with the flight analysis team. That was the last time I heard from DJI almost 6 weeks ago and is unacceptable. Hopefully someone from DJI can help me escalate this case as I would love to get flying again. Not sure if this is the case number in the title of there last email (CRM:0191000000142)
2017-5-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You should still have flight log on your app you can upload to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/ and post here you might get some help.
2017-5-15
Use props
Xanatos69
lvl.1
Canada

Thanks for the reply hallmark007. Not sure how to post the log. Here is the link to the log http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/3C6I05E3YNZ7ZUYUKKNM/
2017-5-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Hi Xantos69, looking at those logs, nothing strange everything good signal good gps good battery, looks like power just stopped and it fell from the sky.
There have been a few around here and I've seen dji opt in favour of malfunction and replace with warranty and I can't see anything the would be any different about this case,
I hope you get word soon and your covered, with dji it seems it's always a waiting game, but I know they will take it on the chin if it's there fault.
Good luck.
2017-5-15
Use props
joshnl
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1738369 ft
Canada

Good luck with that. Based on what I've seen on the forums and my own (painful) experience, my guess is the best you can hope for from DJI is a 30% discount on a new drone. And you will probably be waiting a long time to even get that. My advice would be to cut your losses and either just bite the bullet and buy a new drone, or have a funeral for the Mavic and move on
2017-5-15
Use props
Berk 4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1381 ft
Turkey

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_Xak2U_YqpbTFFlcXNHaWs1T1k

Here is the logs of my flight. I lost it over the water who can help me to understand what happened?
2017-5-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Berk 4 Posted at 2017-5-15 13:09
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_Xak2U_YqpbTFFlcXNHaWs1T1k

Here is the logs of my flight. I lost it over the water who can help me to understand what happened?

Can you upload your logs to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/ and come back here and post a link.
2017-5-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

joshnl Posted at 2017-5-15 12:55
Good luck with that. Based on what I've seen on the forums and my own (painful) experience, my guess is the best you can hope for from DJI is a 30% discount on a new drone. And you will probably be waiting a long time to even get that. My advice would be to cut your losses and either just bite the bullet and buy a new drone, or have a funeral for the Mavic and move on

Well you must have read more than me, but from what I have read and cases I have seen when it was malfunction dji replaced with new or refurbished as new, I would be interested in the cases you have seen where malfunction was the cause and dji didn't cover it but made an offer of 30% for something that was caused by malfunction.
2017-5-15
Use props
Xanatos69
lvl.1
Canada

Thanks for your encouraging words hallmark007. I hope to soon hear back from DJI on a full replacement as this was a huge investment to have drop in the water. Its going to be hard to trust in one of these birds again after this experience. Here's hoping the Mavic 2 will be a reliable craft.
2017-5-15
Use props
joshnl
lvl.1
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-5-15 13:20
Well you must have read more than me, but from what I have read and cases I have seen when it was malfunction dji replaced with new or refurbished as new, I would be interested in the cases you have seen where malfunction was the cause and dji didn't cover it but made an offer of 30% for something that was caused by malfunction.

From what I've seen, in cases where the drone is lost, and where it cannot be proven that the fault was with the software / hardware, this is the approach they take (siding against the customer). My impression is also that in most cases where the drone is lost, it cannot be proven that the fault was with the software / hardware.
2017-5-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

joshnl Posted at 2017-5-15 15:09
From what I've seen, in cases where the drone is lost, and where it cannot be proven that the fault was with the software / hardware, this is the approach they take (siding against the customer). My impression is also that in most cases where the drone is lost, it cannot be proven that the fault was with the software / hardware.

There are many cases around where dji have judged crash to be as a result of malfunction, there are also many where dji have given the reason as pilot error, in these cases dji have offered proof. What your saying is that dji are being dishonest about this , apart from those who lost there drones through pilot error I don't think many would agree, but your entitled to your opinion.
2017-5-15
Use props
joshnl
lvl.1
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-5-15 15:26
There are many cases around where dji have judged crash to be as a result of malfunction, there are also many where dji have given the reason as pilot error, in these cases dji have offered proof. What your saying is that dji are being dishonest about this , apart from those who lost there drones through pilot error I don't think many would agree, but your entitled to your opinion.

I don't really feel like further discussing this, but just to clarify, I'm not saying DJI are being dishonest. I'm just saying that when there is a lack of clear proof - which tends to be the case with lost drones - *from what I've seen on the forums*, they tend to err on the side of the customer being at fault, and not issuing a replacement. I may not have a complete picture of this, since I haven't read every single forum post (far from it), but from the sample of posts I've seen, this is the case. Opinion has nothing to do with this.

In any case, it will be interesting to see how this particular case unfolds.

2017-5-15
Use props
PM160Mavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 303219 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-5-15 13:20

Don't listen to everything you hear.  Just because others did not have a drone replaced, doesn't mean you won't.  Good luck.  Positive vibes here.
Also, I know waiting isn't ideal but be patient.  DJI will do the right thing.  There is a high demand for the product and obviously not enough supply. They will sort it out.  One thing for sure, is they always eventually do the right thing.  I ordered my fly more package and it was delivered in three days.  Drone is perfect, no problems updating, flying, etc.  Quality is headed in the right direction.

2017-5-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

PM160Mavic Posted at 2017-5-15 16:30
Don't listen to everything you hear.  Just because others did not have a drone replaced, doesn't mean you won't.  Good luck.  Positive vibes here.
Also, I know waiting isn't ideal but be patient.  DJI will do the right thing.  There is a high demand for the product and obviously not enough supply. They will sort it out.  One thing for sure, is they always eventually do the right thing.  I ordered my fly more package and it was delivered in three days.  Drone is perfect, no problems updating, flying, etc.  Quality is headed in the right direction.

Was that meant for me or OP.
2017-5-15
Use props
PM160Mavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 303219 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-5-15 16:48
Was that meant for me or OP.

To the OP but I agree with you also.  I must have clicked the wrong post.  We win some and we lose some.  I think DJI is very fair in most circumstances.
2017-5-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We are sorry for the delay. The correct case number format is CAS-******-******. Could you please PM me with the case number so I can look into it ?
2017-5-16
Use props
Xanatos69
lvl.1
Canada

Thanks Mindy for helping me. Looking at my Email I noticed that I was not given a case number. Perhaps that is why I have been waiting so long.
2017-5-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Xanatos69 Posted at 2017-5-18 10:48
Thanks Mindy for helping me. Looking at my Email I noticed that I was not given a case number. Perhaps that is why I have been waiting so long.

I have found your case number and escalated it for you.
Really sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2017-5-18
Use props
Xanatos69
lvl.1
Canada

Well I'm happy to say last week I received my replacement Mavic. DJI went good on full warranty replacement. Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread and happy piloting.
2017-6-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Xanatos69 Posted at 2017-6-23 08:18
Well I'm happy to say last week I received my replacement Mavic. DJI went good on full warranty replacement. Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread and happy piloting.

Happy flying man. Good job..
2017-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules