Arms not symmetrical
1006 3 2017-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hubert_PL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1349236 ft
Poland

After few flights I noticed that the arms are not symmetrical. The left arm is slightly more angled.
I'm sure this shouldn't look like that. Has anyone met something similar?

Thanks a lot for helping.
aaIMG_20170515_164657.jpg
IMG_20170515_180046.jpg
IMG_20170515_180312.jpg
2017-5-15
Use props
Dobmatt
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

You're right, motor booms are misaligned badly. The bird will fly somehow, compensating for different propulsion dynamics, but if hardware is loosely fastened it may become dangerously off and eventually fall apart.

Now, assuming that the small tubes below arms are manufactured and assembled properly, it is possible that the joint clamped around boom tube slipped off it's aligned position. Did you had hard landing or collision? This clamping is relatively easy to check and fix if you're comfortable with basic tools and have some mechanical skills. If not, the only way will be to send the bird for simple alignment since they're (DJI) using special jig to do just that. No big deal ...
PS. Dopiero teraz zauważyłem że gadam do Rodaka. No nie, Polak potrafi bez kłopotliwego servisu fabrycznego, ale - jesli sruba zaciskowa jest ukryta pod naklejką DJI - to możesz stracić gwarancję. Nie jestem pewien czy w tej wersji zacisk jest na wielowypuscie tak jak w moim I1P, sprawdź to i może zrób parę dodatkowych fotek z bliska w okolicach T-joint na rurze silnikowej.
2017-5-15
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Dobmatt Posted at 2017-5-15 13:37
You're right, motor booms are misaligned badly. The bird will fly somehow, compensating for different propulsion dynamics, but if hardware is loosely fastened it may become dangerously off and eventually fall apart.

Now, assuming that the small tubes below arms are manufactured and assembled properly, it is possible that the joint clamped around boom tube slipped off it's aligned position. Did you had hard landing or collision? This clamping is relatively easy to check and fix if you're comfortable with basic tools and have some mechanical skills. If not, the only way will be to send the bird for simple alignment since they're (DJI) using special jig to do just that. No big deal ...

Like previously mentioned, is this out of the box, or have you had a hard landing recently?
2017-5-16
Use props
Hubert_PL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1349236 ft
Poland

It looked like that at maximum and differed after every up-down cycle. I've made only 4 or 5 flight and every ended with gentle landing. I'm not sure if there was any missalignment out of the box, but as I mentioned sometimes this asymmetry is not so noticable. I think problem lies on that center-arm screws that are a little bit too loose.
2017-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules