Artifacts
911 8 2017-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mjacobson
lvl.2
United States

Would Neat Video fix the artifacts I see in this video?  Seems to be worse when viewing on a TV rather than computer screen. Are there other methods or improvements I can do to reduce this while filming?

D-cinelike (+1, -1, -1)
WB: Sunny
ND16
1/60 shutter speed
2.7K 30FPS

https://goo.gl/photos/i3e3B3BHJi8i5LDU7
2017-5-15
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

Maybe doesn't answer your question, but I don't think that is filmed at 1/60, it looks very sharp when you pause. Any chance you left shutter on auto and it's really much higher, kind of negating your ND and intended motion blur.
2017-5-15
Use props
The Doctor
lvl.2
Flight distance : 258186 ft
Sweden

I have a Mac Retina display and the video looks extremely good to me, I can't see any obvious artefacts (watched twice). Maybe I don't have 'Retina' eyes!
2017-5-15
Use props
mjacobson
lvl.2
United States

It looks fine but when I tried to show my family the footage, the artifacts really showed up a lot. Perhaps the shutter speed was higher when filming the sunset, but it definitely was not ever over 1/120th.
2017-5-15
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Same here the video is beautiful. Nice colors and exposure. The issue might be with your TV and NOT the video!
2017-5-15
Use props
mjacobson
lvl.2
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-5-15 11:21
Same here the video is beautiful. Nice colors and exposure. The issue might be with your TV and NOT the video!

Thank-you! I sure hope so!
2017-5-15
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

mjacobson Posted at 2017-5-15 12:15
Thank-you! I sure hope so!

My pleasure! Keep it up and post more. It is beautiful landscapes!
2017-5-15
Use props
4wd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It would look less scratchy with sharpening on zero, I don't see need for +1 in strong light.
You can add gaussian blur at very low level to smooth it slightly without the extreme rendering time of neat video which is also easily applied too strong.
2017-5-15
Use props
Sangarone
lvl.2
United States

Definitely never shoot 60fps with the mavic, I learned that the hard way, there is aliasing and moire in every shot. Wasnt able to remove it with neat video but going in frame by frame in after effects helped a bit.
2017-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules