How to refit gimbal plate rubbers to body in situ
4652 9 2017-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dawappa
New
United Kingdom

First accident and all OK apart from a few scratches and the camera plate on one side is hanging down,  the rubber mounts have pulled away from body.

Any help how to pop back in without stripping down body they just need pushing in by the looks of it.  
IMG_20170515_190546.jpg
2017-5-15
Use props
fansc2962bbc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29452 ft
Norway

Maybe a little dishwasher soap as a lubricant and a blunt pin to push the rubber knob back in the hole ? I am not sure if this is the way the rubberband is attached, because I have not done this my self.   But at a second glance of the picture it looks like the plate is hanging below the corner tab. It should be above.
2017-5-15
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Hold the MP vertically and push the entire gimball very gently to one side and then push the other side under the plate. Then repeat to the other side.
2017-5-15
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

dawappa , Just make sure the gimbal plate goes under the L bracket located in the back of the gimbal
                mount by the air intake vent , look at the picture.

Gimbal plate.jpg
2017-5-15
Use props
dawappa
New
United Kingdom

Thank, positioning is fine I just need to pop the rubber mounts back into the holes on the gimbal plate without taking it apart.

Any looking for anyone that has done this?
2017-5-18
Use props
Tesla
lvl.1

United States

You may be able to use tweezers to carefully remove the upper dampening pad and gimbal from the lower pad.  Be careful not to damage either of the cables to the gimbal.  Then you may have access to push the rubber bands back into the lower dampening plate.  Using dishwasher soap as fansc2962bbc suggests will help.  You can then remount the gimbal and upper dampening plate to the rubber bands.  However, if you stretched the rubber bands too much during the crash you may end up with an "Excessive Gimbal Vibration" alert and your video may be "jellowey".  If this is the case you will need to do a complete tare down and replace the lower dampener pad.  I have not found a place that just sells the rubber bands, nor just the lower dampening pad, so you may need to buy the upper and lower dampener pad together.  You can get them on Amazon for around $15.  Good Luck!
2017-5-18
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
Canada

I agree with Tesla --- 90 degree tweezers may work a little better then the straight ones
You'll get just don't rush it
Cheers
2017-5-18
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
Canada

Tesla Posted at 2017-5-18 08:55
You may be able to use tweezers to carefully remove the upper dampening pad and gimbal from the lower pad.  Be careful not to damage either of the cables to the gimbal.  Then you may have access to push the rubber bands back into the lower dampening plate.  Using dishwasher soap as fansc2962bbc suggests will help.  You can then remount the gimbal and upper dampening plate to the rubber bands.  However, if you stretched the rubber bands too much during the crash you may end up with an "Excessive Gimbal Vibration" alert and your video may be "jellowey".  If this is the case you will need to do a complete tare down and replace the lower dampener pad.  I have not found a place that just sells the rubber bands, nor just the lower dampening pad, so you may need to buy the upper and lower dampener pad together.  You can get them on Amazon for around $15.  Good Luck!

Tesla , Have you had the rubber bands out already
is it true that they would stretch if over stretched not only once but maybe a couple of time's ????
2017-5-18
Use props
bomberuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16759 ft
United Kingdom

its a nightmare that happened to me,tried everything,even with very small tweezers couldnt get them back in in the end i sent it in to drone doctor they had to dismantle it and put new ones in,then tested everything for me,think it cost me about £60.00 it was expensive but i had only had it a week and didnt want to take it apart myself.
2017-5-18
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Look  around on Youtube.  Just this last week, I ran across a video that showed exactly how to do this.
2017-5-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules