I received another used/refurbished mavic!
3725 28 2017-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Justanother106
lvl.1
Flight distance : 59 ft
United States

Can someone from management call me

CAS-643028-H7Q1G7
GOPR0377-4.jpg
GOPR0377-3.jpg
GOPR0377-2.jpg
GOPR0377-6.jpg
2017-5-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Does it work have you even tried it , if that piece of dust is the best you can do it's not much...
2017-5-15
Use props
PM160Mavic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 303219 ft
United States

What is the situation here?  Did you return it for warranty service?  Did you return it for repair due to pilot error?

DJI clearly displays its warranty and exchange policy.

Product and Part Replacement

When after-sales service involves the replacement of a product or part, the replaced product or part becomes DJI’s property and the replacement product or part becomes your property. Only unaltered DJI products and parts are eligible for replacement.
Replacement products or parts provided by DJI may not be new, but it will be in good working order and at least functionally equivalent to the original product or part’s warranty. A replacement product or part shall be covered for the time remaining in the original product’s warranty.

This is DJI's policy and has been for a long time.

Have a look and be very familiar with their policies.

http://www.dji.com/service/policy
2017-5-15
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

PM160Mavic Posted at 2017-5-15 16:21
What is the situation here?  Did you return it for warranty service?  Did you return it for repair due to pilot error?

You're right, this is the sad reality of DJI's return policy: you can return a brand-new aircraft and get back a refurbished unit as the replacement. That and the limited window for returns is why it's generally better to buy through retailers with more generous return and exchange policies.
2017-5-15
Use props
PM160Mavic
lvl.2
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-5-15 16:30
You're right, this is the sad reality of DJI's return policy: you can return a brand-new aircraft and get back a refurbished unit as the replacement. That and the limited window for returns is why it's generally better to buy through retailers with more generous return and exchange policies.

Agreed 100%.  I only purchased through DJI website because I saved $140 in tax, received the institution discount and used my Amex to buy it.  American Express gives me additional one year warranty on top of DJI's not so ideal warranty coverage.  Buying from Best Buy, B&H, etc. is ideal as they have very generous return policies.  I think doing research and being prepared before you purchase a $1200 toy is paramount.

Be aware that not everything is covered as most people will think.  Overall the product they sell is a good one.  Not many problems besides the horror stories you read online.

Click on the warranty link above in my previous post and click on the Warranty period of main parts * link and learn what your product is really warrantied for.

2017-5-15
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
United States

PM160Mavic Posted at 2017-5-15 16:40
Agreed 100%.  I only purchased through DJI website because I saved $140 in tax, received the institution discount and used my Amex to buy it.  American Express gives me additional one year warranty on top of DJI's not so ideal warranty coverage.  Buying from Best Buy, B&H, etc. is ideal as they have very generous return policies.  I think doing research and being prepared before you purchase a $1200 toy is paramount.

Here's a link also to the warranty period of various parts and components of the Mavic also.  Be aware that not everything is covered as most people will think.  Overall the product they sell is a good one.  Not many problems besides the horror stories you read online.

I don't mind the 1-year warranty; it's the 7-day return policy and the we-can-replace-your-brand-new-item-with-a-refurbished-one that makes me hesitant to recommend buying directly from DJI. I get that they don't want to be stuck with a bunch of Mavics that were flown for 29 days and then returned, but for a product like this where significant flaws might not appear right out of the box it can be frustrating for an honest consumer.
2017-5-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-5-15 16:45
I don't mind the 1-year warranty; it's the 7-day return policy and the we-can-replace-your-brand-new-item-with-a-refurbished-one that makes me hesitant to recommend buying directly from DJI. I get that they don't want to be stuck with a bunch of Mavics that were flown for 29 days and then returned, but for a product like this where significant flaws might not appear right out of the box it can be frustrating for an honest consumer.

I suppose they are going to get stuck with them anyway as I'm sure resellers retailers will have them shipped back anyway.
2017-5-15
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-5-15 16:58
I suppose they are going to get stuck with them anyway as I'm sure resellers retailers will have them shipped back anyway.

You're probably right, but even if that's the case it's understandable that they'd prefer to have retailers like Amazon handle most of the headaches of associated with individual returns.
2017-5-15
Use props
PM160Mavic
lvl.2
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-5-15 16:45

I agree with you.  The 7 day policy should be adjusted to something more reasonable.  For the future, I will only buy from big retailers that have great return policies such as B&H.
2017-5-15
Use props
Justanother106
lvl.1
United States

I purchased a new drone via DJI online store, what i received was a decfective drone out the box,and now since i sent it in DJI expects me to agree on receiving a refurbished unit.i never received what i paid for which is a brand new drone in working order. I refuse to except a refurbished drone!
2017-5-15
Use props
Justanother106
lvl.1
United States

I purchased a new drone via DJI online store, what i received was a decfective drone out the box,and now since i sent it in DJI expects me to agree on receiving a refurbished unit.i never received what i paid for which is a brand new drone in working order. I refuse to except a refurbished drone!
2017-5-15
Use props
Justanother106
lvl.1
United States

2017-5-15
Use props
Justanother106
lvl.1
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-5-15 16:13
Does it work have you even tried it , if that piece of dust is the best you can do it's not much...

2017-5-15
Use props
Justanother106
lvl.1
United States

CAS-595576-M9X2H7
After receiving my mavic pro I noticed a problem with a weak signal so I updated the firmware on the controller and drone a few times and I also tried trouble shooting with the support team with no luck, I believe I was sent a refurbished unit reason being there was signs of use on the controller and the drone it self, the rear landing gear had some wear and the controller had some scuffs leading me to believe it was a refurbished, which is unacceptable becuase I paid for a new one, after speaking a few hours on the phone with your support team they agreed to exchange it for a new unit, I was promised expedited shipping both ways, after receiving the email with my ups label I noticed it was for ground shipping which is very frustrating becuase now I have to wait a week for the drone to reach your exchange center.... can you please make sure that the new drone will have expidited shipping? And please make sure I don't receive another refurbished drone
2017-5-15
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

This situation has filled us with regret, we are sincerely sorry for the trouble you’ve been caused, we’re aware of your case and working on it now, please sit tight while we’re reviewing it, we will keep you updated.
2017-5-15
Use props
Parkker
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8891 ft
United States

I got my Mavic "new" from Amazon and it showed signs of being a refurb. The body had subtle smudges and the button where you press to bind to controller (done at factory) had visible scratches around it. I have never purchased a new product before like cameras etc that showed any of these curious signs. I didn't want to believe it so just fly it anyway and it works but I have suspicion DJI is selling returned units as new and in most cases getting away with it since is very hard or impossible to prove this.
2017-5-15
Use props
Justanother106
lvl.1
United States

Parkker Posted at 2017-5-15 21:58
I got my Mavic "new" from Amazon and it showed signs of being a refurb. The body had subtle smudges and the button where you press to bind to controller (done at factory) had visible scratches around it. I have never purchased a new product before like cameras etc that showed any of these curious signs. I didn't want to believe it so just fly it anyway and it works but I have suspicion DJI is selling returned units as new and in most cases getting away with it since is very hard or impossible to prove this.

That's so sad! My first drone that I ordered directly from DJI ,which I paid full price for had signs of use and also a defective remote right out of the box, I think it's only fair that I receive a new drone from DJI don't you?
2017-5-16
Use props
PM160Mavic
lvl.2
United States

Sure they will do the right thing. Now we can't go and make assumptions they are selling used products as new. This is a company worth over a billion dollars. There is no need to do that. In addition, they sell used and refurbished drones anyways.  
2017-5-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-5-15 17:09
You're probably right, but even if that's the case it's understandable that they'd prefer to have retailers like Amazon handle most of the headaches of associated with individual returns.

If I had as many stores to choose from as you guys I would shop locally, dji's returns seem to pose many nightmares, it seems strange that resellers give you much more and secure options, it's mind boggling sometimes.
2017-5-16
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-5-16 14:31
If I had as many stores to choose from as you guys I would shop locally, dji's returns seem to pose many nightmares, it seems strange that resellers give you much more and secure options, it's mind boggling sometimes.

If I had as many stores to choose from as you guys I would shop locally

That's my preference, but it's sometimes hard to pass up the temptation to avoid paying sales tax, especially on a large purchase.

dji's returns seem to pose many nightmares. it seems strange that resellers give you much more and secure options, it's mind boggling sometimes.

Yes, it seems like they'd try harder to eliminate the middleman in order to boost their profits; they must surely make more money when people order directly from their web site rather than, say, through Amazon.

What's even more strange is that by ordering through the DJI Official Store on NewEgg in early November I was able to get a Mavic long before some of the people who ordered much sooner than I did but who had ordered through DJI's web site. I still haven't quite figured that one out.
2017-5-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-5-16 14:58

That's my preference, but it's sometimes hard to pass up the temptation to avoid paying sales tax, especially on a large purchase.

Well I ordered sept 28th received Dec 12th crazy couple of months around here that was..
2017-5-16
Use props
PM160Mavic
lvl.2
United States

Justanother106 Posted at 2017-5-15 20:59
CAS-595576-M9X2H7
After receiving my mavic pro I noticed a problem with a weak signal so I updated the firmware on the controller and drone a few times and I also tried trouble shooting with the support team with no luck, I believe I was sent a refurbished unit reason being there was signs of use on the controller and the drone it self, the rear landing gear had some wear and the controller had some scuffs leading me to believe it was a refurbished, which is unacceptable becuase I paid for a new one, after speaking a few hours on the phone with your support team they agreed to exchange it for a new unit, I was promised expedited shipping both ways, after receiving the email with my ups label I noticed it was for ground shipping which is very frustrating becuase now I have to wait a week for the drone to reach your exchange center.... can you please make sure that the new drone will have expidited shipping? And please make sure I don't receive another refurbished drone

Sounds like you past the seven day period while trying to troubleshoot the drone with DJI.  I'm sure they will fix the situation and send you a new one this time around.  A mistake was made somewhere.  Good luck.  Let us know how it turns out.
2017-5-16
Use props
Parkker
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8891 ft
United States

I need to be clear I have no idea for certain that the Mavic I got from Amazon was a refurb or not. The indicators are subtle but present and could have occurred at factory though it seems a little bit weird QC wise.
PS: I still have to pay tax from Amazon. I got it there because they had it and I could get it fast and if there is problem I believe I have more options for return/exchange than dealing directly with DJI.
I ordered directly from DJI early on in release and found out many people were getting there Mavic before me who had purchased at later date so I cancelled order until I could get a more solid ship date.
2017-5-16
Use props
Justanother106
lvl.1
United States

so i have an update but be for i post i want to share this interesting email i received today from the department that was responsible for sending me a new package, he's a recap. when i purchased this drone i also purchased the fly more combo and anyone who has the same knows that everything comes in a small box packaged nice and tight, so after trouble shooting with DJI support team they asked me to ship everything back including the fly more combo, so i packed everything back in to the box and secured it with tape , slapped on my return label and off it went, i believe ups says its about 8 to 9 pounds or so.... i call DJI customer service to let them know that the package is on its way, i was told its gonna take about 5 days to reach them and then a few more days to process the package, they want to make sure everything was returned and in the good condition, makes sense why not.... and after everything is checked in they will send me a new replacement package.... so the waiting begins.... after about two weeks i received a call letting me know everything checks out and i should receive a tracking number for my new package , which i did but unfortunately after receiving my package i noticed i received another used/refurbished drone, so i contacted DJI customer service again and i was promised a new package again.... today i received an email from the department that was responsible for sending me a new package the first time, i will post a picture.something very dishonest is happening here and I'm sure I'm not the only one..... there should be an investigation into this department.... thank god DJI's return center checks to make sure everything returned before they send out a replacement.
GOPR0377-1.jpg
GOPR0377-2.jpg
GOPR0377-3.jpg
GOPR0377-6.jpg
GOPR0377-4.jpg
GOPR0377-3.jpg
GOPR0377-2.jpg
GOPR0377-1.jpg
GOPR0377-6.jpg
2017-5-16
Use props
Justanother106
lvl.1
United States

todays email
Screen Shot 2017-05-17 at 12.52.03 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-05-17 at 12.52.03 AM.png
2017-5-16
Use props
24ctDrone
lvl.2

United States

PM160Mavic Posted at 2017-5-15 17:13
I agree with you.  The 7 day policy should be adjusted to something more reasonable.  For the future, I will only buy from big retailers that have great return policies such as B&H.

I honestly think if DJI let B&H handle their shipping....Err, Customer Service, err,  well, ok,  I think if DJI let B&H handle everything involving talking with people  they would be on their way to D from an F in the Consumer Confidence Ratings.
2017-5-16
Use props
24ctDrone
lvl.2

United States

PM160Mavic Posted at 2017-5-16 16:24
Sounds like you past the seven day period while trying to troubleshoot the drone with DJI.  I'm sure they will fix the situation and send you a new one this time around.  A mistake was made somewhere.  Good luck.  Let us know how it turns out.

The best is the 7 Day return policy on Pro Platforms.   That's basically saying here yah go,  yours now sucker.
2017-5-16
Use props
ShadyDealer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-5-16 14:58

Think that's historic practice and customer service from DJI. Customer services has always sucks and given the size of DJI now, they are unlikely to listen to the general consensus that no body has confidence in after sales support.

Shame really, good products when they work.
2017-5-16
Use props
Justanother106
lvl.1
United States

Thanks to DJI-Thor for reporting your case to designated department that will hopefully send me out a brand new package
2017-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules