# OSMO Pro/Raw Wired Video Adapter Review# + iOs work
1531 7 2017-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gaetano Caracci
lvl.1
Flight distance : 269505 ft
Italy

Salve a tutti, io sono Gaetano Caracciolo dall'Italia e mi occupo di video per cerimonie, in prevalenza matromoni.
    Innanzitutto ringrazio DJI per avermi dato questa possibilità, così farò questa recensione in italiano e in inglese così che i miei paesani possano capire bene quello che scrivo.
Non scriverò di come fare l'upgrade del firmware e di come si collega il dispositivo all'Osmo poichè ne è gia pieno il forum, ma bensì scriverò una lista di pro e di contro di questi due dal mio punto di vista e spero possa essere utile. Da premettere che il test io l'ho fatto con iPad mini 4 e automaticamente DJI GO app mi ha rilevato la X5R solo la vedeva collegata ad un INSPIRE1, ma questo credo conti molto poco, visto che l'app riesce a gestire tutte le funzioni presenti anche nel software dell'Osmo.

Partiamo dai PRO del nuovo firmware 1.4.xxxxxx
1) I movimenti della camera sono migliorati e non fa più nessun tipo di scatto improvviso mentre si sta registrando, quindi più fluido e stabile.
2) Messa a Fuoco molto più precisa (testato con FOCUS HANDWELL).
3) Finalmente per chi possiede un'ottica aggiuntiva come l'Olympus 14-42, quando si spegne l'Osmo si retrae l'ottica e si può posare come si dovrebbe.

PRO del WIRED VIDEO ADAPTER
1) La latenca e i lag del display sono nettamente minori, ma non del tutto rimossi, soprattutto, si nota, quando si gira la camera con il joystick dell'Osmo.
2) La velocità della connessione tra Osmo e iOs Device è altamente superiore, dando la possibilità a chi registra un video, soprattutto nelle cerimonie, dove non ci sono scene già preparate ed è tutto improvvisato, di non perdere l'attimo.
3) Ovviamente, avendo minori latenze e lag con il dispaly, la messa a fuoco risulta più precisa (testato con FOCUS HANDWELL).

CONTRO generali
1) Con Olympus 14-42 facendo uno zoom manuale non risulta ancora fluido, e se metto a fuoco a 42 qunado torno indietro a 14 cambia automaticamente la messa a fuoco e sfoca tutto.
2) La calibrazione della lente credo dovrebbe essere più dettagliata da fare. Visto che se premo ok mentre calibra sono io a decidere il punto massimo di messa a fuoco e quindi impostare un infinity focus a mio piacimento. Questo però comporta che perdi tutto il bello dell'ottica.

Grazie e a presto.
p.s.: non vedo l'ora di provare un Crystal Sky

ENGLISH VERSION

Hello to all, I am Gaetano Caracciolo from Italy and I deal with video for ceremonies, mostly weddings.

First of all I thank DJI for giving me this chance, so I will make this review in Italian so my peoples can understand what I'm writing.
I will not write how to upgrade the firmware and how it connects the device to the Osmos as it is already full of the forum but I will write a list of pros and cons of these two from my point of view and I hope it can be helpful. To test that I did the test with iPad mini 4 and automatically DJI GO app found me the X5R only saw it connected to an INSPIRE1 but this I think very few accounts, as the app manages to handle all the functions Also present in the Osmo software.

We start from the PRO of the new 1.4.xxxxxx firmware
1) Camera movements have improved and no longer make any kind of sudden shooting while recording, so more fluid and stable.
2) Focus much more accurate (tested with FOCUS HANDWELL).
3) Finally, for those who have an additional lens like the Olympus 14-42, when you turn off the Osmo, you retrace the optics and sit as you should.

PRO of the WIRED VIDEO ADAPTER
1) The latency and lags of the display are considerably smaller, but not completely removed, especially, you notice, when you turn the camera with the joystick of the Osmo.
2) The speed of the connection between Osmo and iOs Device is much higher, giving the possibility for a video maker, especially in the ceremonies, where there are no scenes already prepared and is improvised, not to miss the moment.
3) Obviously, having less latency and lag with the dispaly, the focus is more accurate (tested with FOCUS HANDWELL).

AGAINST GENERAL
1) With Olympus 14-42 making a manual zoom still is not fluid, and if I focus to 42 when I go back to 14, it automatically changes the focus and blurs everything.
2) The calibration of the lens I believe should be more detailed to do. Since if I press ok while calibrating I am deciding on the maximum point of focus, then set an infinity focus as much as I like. This, however, means you lose all the good looks of lens.

Thank you and see you soon.

p.s.: I can not wait to try a Crystal Sky ;)
2017-5-16
Use props
Mafia16
First Officer
Flight distance : 26490948 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

they said it doesnt work with IOS you manage to put it working?
2017-5-16
Use props
Gaetano Caracci
lvl.1
Italy

does it all, you just start DJI GO APP
2017-5-16
Use props
Gaetano Caracci
lvl.1
Italy

this is my last work with this new device
2017-6-6
Use props
Gaetano Caracci
lvl.1
Italy

my work with x5r with OSMO Pro/Raw Wired Video Adapter and Phantom 4
2017-6-6
Use props
dr.nick
lvl.2
United States

Thanks for the review Gaetano.

"AGAINST GENERAL
1) With Olympus 14-42 making a manual zoom is still not fluid, and if the focus to 42 When I go back to 14, it automatically changes the focus and blurs everything. "

Are you saying the Osmo losing focus even more than what would be expected with a normal MFT still lens?  That Oly 14-42 is not a "parafocal" lens right?  The punch-in-focus-pull-out is a thing we're used to doing all the time with professional video/cine equipment doesn't work with MFT still lenses.

When you say "zoom is not fluid" what do you mean?  Stops and starts?  Jitters?

2017-6-10
Use props
Cephas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1949820 ft
  • >>>
United States

This kind of works with iOS. When using iOS devices the go app thinks your using an inspire 1 pro. Hopefully there will be an update soon to correct this.
2017-6-12
Use props
Gaetano Caracci
lvl.1
Italy

dr.nick Posted at 2017-6-10 12:54
Thanks for the review Gaetano.

"AGAINST GENERAL

I mean, if i record video and i use the zoom in and out, is not fluid.
2017-7-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules