Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Why is Firmware update so slow?
15515 11 2017-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
robdunfey
New
Malaysia

Im having massive issues each tim I try and update firmware.  My Mavic is connected by USB to my mac, I have a good internet connection.  It takes several hours of stop start to download.  Several posts on the forum suggesting this is a common problem.  Happened a few weeks ago after purchase when I updated to 600, happening now when upgrading to 700.  A couple of suggestions for DJI...

1) allow download of firmware without having mavic switched on and connected.
2)give file size to download rather than percent, no idea if a 20 minute wait to move from 54% to 56% is legit or not - depends if firmware is 2MB of 2GB
3)figure out what is happening.

Cheers,,
rob
2017-5-16
Use props
Eagle_Eye
First Officer
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

A lot of people are having much success doing it thru app w/ their phones.
2017-5-16
Use props
robdunfey
New
Malaysia

Eagle_Eye Posted at 2017-5-16 05:34
A lot of people are having much success doing it thru app w/ their phones.

How do i connect the drone and RC to the phone at the same time?

I have the RC attached by cable to my iPhone; then I connect my iPhone wifi to the Mavic wifi - but then I lose my internet connection on my phone so can't download?

What am I missing?  
Any tips appreciated
2017-5-16
Use props
Nees
First Officer
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

Is your pc connected trough wifi or cable? If wifi... there is your answer when your drone is ON. You are getting a lot of packet loss and it will download a lot slower. But if you mean updating, then, that is just "normal" You are updating an adroid device btw, in case you didn't know. Your mavic flies on Android 4.2.2
2017-5-16
Use props
robdunfey
New
Malaysia

When I try and update connected to the Mac Desktop, I have the Mavic set to RC (so no wifi interference).

Because its taking forever to download on my Mac Desktop, I'm trying mobile app update, so I switch to wifi mode on the mavic.

Thanks for the info on the drone running android, but how does that help me?  Thanks for the help.

Rob
2017-5-16
Use props
tjalex
Captain
Flight distance : 422375 ft
  • >>>
Chile

i think i solved mine. i noticed that when we put the controller near to mavic. it is slowing down the wifi that we need to download the software. even i noticed my computer wifi hangs whenever i switched on my mavic or even dji pahantom. so, what i do now is, try to distance the mavic with the controller. i noticed the upgrading are bit faster. Hope you will try.
2018-2-16
Use props
tjalex
Captain
  • >>>
Chile

Nees Posted at 2017-5-16 06:37
Is your pc connected trough wifi or cable? If wifi... there is your answer when your drone is ON. You are getting a lot of packet loss and it will download a lot slower. But if you mean updating, then, that is just "normal" You are updating an adroid device btw, in case you didn't know. Your mavic flies on Android 4.2.2

i think i solved mine. i noticed that when we put the controller near to mavic. it is slowing down the wifi that we need to download the software. even i noticed my computer wifi hangs whenever i switched on my mavic or even dji pahantom. so, what i do now is, try to distance the mavic with the controller. i noticed the upgrading are bit faster. Hope you will try
2018-2-16
Use props
vbnm34
New

tjalex Posted at 2018-2-16 14:24
i think i solved mine. i noticed that when we put the controller near to mavic. it is slowing down the wifi that we need to download the software. even i noticed my computer wifi hangs whenever i switched on my mavic or even dji pahantom. so, what i do now is, try to distance the mavic with the controller. i noticed the upgrading are bit faster. Hope you will try.

thank you very much.  I was having the same problem and I moved the controller/iPad to another room and it started to speed up.   Still very slow (1% at a time) but at least it's moving past 1%!
2018-7-7
Use props
tjalex
Captain
  • >>>
Chile

vbnm34 Posted at 2018-7-7 06:40
thank you very much.  I was having the same problem and I moved the controller/iPad to another room and it started to speed up.   Still very slow (1% at a time) but at least it's moving past 1%!

Ha ha ha. But it is the wifi interfence. I have checked many times. some inference..i can see it while it downloading. sometime, when i uploading latest iphone softwares, i can see, the wifi signal is keep on spinning and the download is bad. sometimes i dont see any icon showing the spin.. the upload or download are fast. Hope you will solve soon.
2018-7-8
Use props
fans0213b68a
First Officer
Flight distance : 76942 ft

tjalex Posted at 2018-2-16 14:24
i think i solved mine. i noticed that when we put the controller near to mavic. it is slowing down the wifi that we need to download the software. even i noticed my computer wifi hangs whenever i switched on my mavic or even dji pahantom. so, what i do now is, try to distance the mavic with the controller. i noticed the upgrading are bit faster. Hope you will try.

Wow. Thanks for the info. I just moved mine away from the copter and it sped up a lot!
2018-9-14
Use props
mjeschke
lvl.1
Flight distance : 397651 ft
United States

An ongoing issue of mine. I can run firmware update with a wired connection. Is blazing fast. Only to boot up drone and it want to run the firmware update process again. I have no clue why is so slow. This is based off wifi technology, but must be a really slow data link?

Honest to god, it can take me 2 hours to get a firmeware update finished. This is with my DJI P4P and Mavic Pro. I have no clue why. Oh and I have a masters in computer engineering. I design stuff like this but for commercial aircraft.

And DJI has been deleting my posts. I found issues with their product which I shared on here and they deleted all my posts. The burned up 3 high capacity batteries with one of their firmware updates. Got to love Chinese communication policies.
2020-3-2
Use props
fanscc226131
New

United States

I did an update on my inspired 2 and now it won’t read the sad cards. Trying to down grade the firmware and it’s been stuck on 52 percent for over 2 hrs
2020-7-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules