Word of Caution in buying accessories for your Mavic Pro
1448 8 2017-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fjerina
lvl.1
United States

I am a proud owner of a Mavic Pro and enjoy flying it and recording flight videos.  I have purchased a few accessories for it already (mainly from Amazon Prime).  I unfortunately ordered a set of camera filters from freewellgear.com.  I did not realize when you order from them that the order comes from China.  It has been 6 days since I placed the order and it is still in China waiting for a cargo plane to the states.  I probably will not receive my order for several more days.  I am anxious to get these camera filters but will have to be a little more patient in receiving them.  I should have ordered them from Amazon Prime in which I could have had them in 2 days.  Leasons learned.
2017-5-16
Use props
Drone Cowboy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 233123 ft
United States

I had ordered a bag to carry mavic stuff, charge cable, charge hub, mini I Pad, etc. Nice bag it also came from china.  Took pretty close to five to six weeks to get the bag. I am glad I got it, the bag really works well and it is nice. I hope the filters are worth the wait for you as well.
2017-5-16
Use props
fjerina
lvl.1
United States

Drone Cowboy Posted at 2017-5-16 05:40
I had ordered a bag to carry mavic stuff, charge cable, charge hub, mini I Pad, etc. Nice bag it also came from china.  Took pretty close to five to six weeks to get the bag. I am glad I got it, the bag really works well and it is nice. I hope the filters are worth the wait for you as well.

Seeing my shipment is currently with the following status I hope that my shipment will come via air and NOT a slow boat from China.

2017-05-14 04:16Shipment loaded at 【Hong Kong Tsing Yi Distribution Center】, send to 【Los Angels Gateway】
2017-5-16
Use props
fjerina
lvl.1
United States

I just got a notice from UPS that my parcel from freewellgear will be delivered tomorrow.  So, that will be 12 days it will have taken to receive my parcel after placing the order.  Advice to fellow Mavic Pro owners, if you are not in a rush to get your order then feel free to order from freewellgear.com (likely shipped from China) but I think I would rather get my order in two days from Amazon Prime.  I will make a final post to let you all know if my order arrived in good shape.
2017-5-21
Use props
PizzaFiend
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1489593 ft
United States

I purchased ND filters directly from the DJI Store only to discover that they set up the shipment through FedEx to require an adult signature for delivery. Had I been aware of this at the time of order, I'd've used my work address for delivery. I was unable to change the address or, as I'd done for similar situations, leave a signed note on my door for FedEx to leave it at my door or other location. After two failed delivery attempts and  much back and forth with DJI Support and FedEx, I was able to collect the package at the local FedEx location before it was returned to DJI as undeliverable. Lesson learned.
2017-5-21
Use props
fjerina
lvl.1
United States

fjerina Posted at 2017-5-21 06:23
I just got a notice from UPS that my parcel from freewellgear will be delivered tomorrow.  So, that will be 12 days it will have taken to receive my parcel after placing the order.  Advice to fellow Mavic Pro owners, if you are not in a rush to get your order then feel free to order from freewellgear.com (likely shipped from China) but I think I would rather get my order in two days from Amazon Prime.  I will make a final post to let you all know if my order arrived in good shape.

I finally got my parcel from Freewellgear 12 days after placing the order.  The order arrived in good shape, nothing broken.  Bottom line, if you are not in a rush then ordering from Freewellgear may be your thing but for me if I can get it in two days (from Amazon Prime) I think I would opt for that.
2017-5-23
Use props
Safari
Second Officer
Flight distance : 67703 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

When i order from China I count in a 3 to 4 weeks delivery time and i its ok for me with all the savings i get.
2017-5-23
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

When you buy from any company in China you may save a ton of money but don't do it if you need your items soon. Anything I order from China takes at least 4 weeks.
2017-5-23
Use props
DocAraxá
Second Officer
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

Dear Pilots,

For me, a package coming  from Chine lasts, at least, two months to arrive.
Cheers.
2017-6-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules