How Do I Travel Safely with My Inspire 2?
1876 3 2017-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HunterJ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 216644 ft
United States

I live in the United States and will be traveling to Maui in December and figured I would start looking into how to travel with my Inspire 2. I have an Inspire 2 with the Zenmuse X5'S and 2 Controllers as well as all other Inspire 2 Parts. I am using a "Go Professional Case DJI Inspire 2 Landing Mode Case" at the moment. While I realize I need to have the batteries placed in my carry on with the terminals taped off. I am wondering how do I travel with My Inspire 2? If I take my GPC Case and pay the baggage fee will I see all my Inspire 2 Parts when I pick it up at baggage claim? How Do People not steal my Inspire 2? What are my Options? Thank You in advance for responding.
2017-5-16
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

that case looks rather big and bulky. are you able to find a cheap luggage roller to put the case inside? like camouflage it as any old regular piece of roller luggage then it don't stand out as "hey there's something expensive in that case!"
2017-5-16
Use props
NJ Flying Slow
lvl.3
Flight distance : 765909 ft
United States

I would think insurance would cover this under your personal articles?
2017-5-16
Use props
Bitt3rsun
lvl.2
Flight distance : 189469 ft
Netherlands

I had the same problem traveling to Iceland. I am from Holland and no insurance is covering a lost of my drone. So I bought a Peli 1640 case with some locks. At the airport i sealed my Peli case. I made sure I arrived first at the bagage pick up. In my opinion this is the only thing I could do. A few moment I thought about a gps tracker for my Peli case, but what could I do when my case isn't where it suposed to be?
2017-5-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules