Error with video white and black spots appearing on my video
1093 6 2017-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
VincentPolakC
New
Suriname

I have a problem with video when i am filming with the phantom 4, there are wite and black spots showing up. I need help. I love the DJI products!!Here is the example of the wite spots

2017-5-16
Use props
ibuyufo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819098 ft
United States

Are you talking about that white orb that moves around as you move your quad?  If that's the case then it's just light getting reflected back to the lens causing it to flare.
2017-5-16
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

You have a faulty camera. You can try re-seating the gimbal cables to see if that fixes the problem, otherwise you need to send it in to be repaired.
2017-5-16
Use props
VincentPolakC
New
Suriname

How do i do that? is there a video or something i can follow
2017-5-16
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

VincentPolakC Posted at 2017-5-16 15:24
How do i do that? is there a video or something i can follow

I don't know of one, but if you are not sure, best to send the aircraft for repair.
2017-5-16
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Typical lens flare.

Nothing to be concerned with, other than try and avoid off axis strong light sources to lessen the contrast, or maybe using a lens hood. The DJI lens is not some anti-reflection, multi-coated, and Nanao-coated lens that eliminates those reflections.  If you want to buy some $20K cinema lens, you might get better results, although J.J. Abrams seems to push the effect a lot to his advantage in movies like Star Trek...sometimes too much for embellishment.

Now wait until you go outside and find the lighter halo that occurs around the shadow of your drone on the ground with the sun to your back. That will drive you nuts!  Called an "Opposition effect" and some more of it here:  Opposition Effect
2017-5-16
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-5-16 16:55
Typical lens flare.

Nothing to be concerned with, other than try and avoid off axis strong light sources to lessen the contrast, or maybe using a lens hood. The DJI lens is not some anti-reflection, multi-coated, and Nanao-coated lens that eliminates those reflections.  If you want to buy some $20K cinema lens, you might get better results, although J.J. Abrams seems to push the effect a lot to his advantage in movies like Star Trek...sometimes too much for embellishment.

He is not talking about the lens flare. The title of the thread is: 'Error with video white and black spots appearing on my video'.

If you look in the bottom left corner of the clip you will see sparkling in the dark areas, this is what the OP is referring to.
2017-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules