Intelligent Battery Flashes while charging
21504 9 2017-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SilverFalcon
New
United States

So, I've flown my Mavic Pro 4 times, once the day after I bought it and then 2 times yesterday and once today. I have charged the battery up on both the controller and the Intelligent battery pack after each flight and removed them from the charger once full.

After this afternoon's flight, which was in my back yard... you know, learning the ins and outs of flying a camera around... Anyway, I got a low battery alert and landed the Mavic no problem.

I shut down the aircraft, Powered down the controller and removed my phone from the controller clamps.

I placed the battery on the charger and the topmost light, the one closest to the bow flashes 3 times and pauses then repeats...

What is going on in there?
2017-5-16
Use props
SilverFalcon
New
United States

UPDATE: It appears to have begun charging normally now... What did those lights mean?
2017-5-16
Use props
SkySailorMan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2170768 ft
United States

SilverFalcon Posted at 2017-5-16 16:44
UPDATE: It appears to have begun charging normally now... What did those lights mean?

The battery temperature was too high to begin charging. Same thing happens to me when I place a freshly-flown warm battery in the charger. Once the temperature drops to the prescribed level, charging will begin. Notice that it doesn't flash if you place a cool battery in the charger.
2017-5-16
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

As it says in the manual, let it cool to room temp before charging.
2017-5-16
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2017-5-16 18:10
As it says in the manual, let it cool to room temp before charging.

This....  If you want your battery to last for more than a few flights and not have a sudden failure in flight, never charge it when it is hot.
2017-5-16
Use props
PM160Mavic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 303219 ft
United States

Never charge a battery that you just flew with.  Let it cool down for hours before doing so.  Very dangerous to do that as it will affect the lifespan of the battery.  They don't call them intelligent batteries for no reason.    There are a number of different light patterns the batteries will display.  You should become familiar with them.  There's posts about it.
BatteryProtection.jpg
MavicStatusLights.jpg
2017-5-16
Use props
Silverado101980
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5858166 ft
United States

I could be wrong but when turning off the Mavic flying in sport mode after the power down light cycle the top LED will flash if I take that battery and put it on the charger it will not charge and the top light will flash maybe take a look next time you power down and see if the top light flashes like mine do since I mostly fly in sport mode
2017-5-16
Use props
SilverFalcon
New
United States

Thank you all for the information! I read the manual before I ever turned the Aircraft on. There wasn't much in the manual about the LEDs on the battery. Xman1, I didn't think the battery was too hot, but I guess it was. Thank you for the tables PM160Mavic... I searched the forums for the Battery Protection LED Display but only found other items that didn't relate, So thanks for that.
Silverado101980, I will keep an eye on it.
2017-5-18
Use props
djiuser_na5YlufudV5u
lvl.1

South Africa

Been seeing the flashing lights as well, seems like temperature was the issue
2018-12-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_na5YlufudV5u Posted at 12-16 22:45
Been seeing the flashing lights as well, seems like temperature was the issue

Hi there, please avoid charging the battery immediately after the flight or charging in low temperature, if there is any issue, please contact us any time.
2018-12-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules