41587 252 2017-5-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dronaldo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 606601 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-6-6 16:26
I think you will find that over 54% are happy to have beeping infinite or until you take back control, not 14%.

i was betting myself how long it will take for you to reply my comment.   I admire how hard you defend this crazy nonsense earbreaker infinite beep
I'm starting to think that you work on DJI and you were the one who designed the alarm system.  

We could say that the cause you defend is 126 which is 23.55%, everything else falls in a  customer friendly solution.

2017-6-6
Use props
Dronaldo
Second Officer
United States

Tealk Posted at 2017-5-24 21:16
it just for safety....

it is not for Safety.
Automatic RTH when  there is a signal lost between AC and RC  is Safety and by the way it works beautiful in Mavic  also in that case the beeping (and as loud as possible!!!)  should be in the AC not in the RC so you can start following the noise if you canot see it.

Current solution of the RTH button is comparable to the emergency button in the remote control of your car and when you pressed the button the key starts beeping like crazy until you find your car

RTH button is a feature same as any other feature in the Mavic

time will give us the reason

2017-6-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Dronaldo Posted at 2017-6-6 20:01
i was betting myself how long it will take for you to reply my comment.   I admire how hard you defend this crazy nonsense earbreaker infinite beep
I'm starting to think that you work on DJI and you were the one who designed the alarm system.  

We could say that someone who put up two threads to get rid of it has changed his mind once he taught about it.

Think the real answer lies with dji who after 10 months have decided that it stays and have also included on the spark.

And yes I voted for the decibel level to be lowered.

So might be time to stop pi**ing against the wind.
2017-6-7
Use props
Dronaldo
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-6-7 03:56
We could say that someone who put up two threads to get rid of it has changed his mind once he taught about it.

Think the real answer lies with dji who after 10 months have decided that it stays and have also included on the spark.

the issue that I see here is that compare a drone with a cesna or a big truck going in reverse,  but is clear your position

lets see

Remember that in this hobbyst small drone world If we stop pi**ing against the wind you most likely will lost your drone.  
2017-6-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Dronaldo Posted at 2017-6-7 05:06
the issue that I see here is that compare a drone with a cesna or a big truck going in reverse,  but is clear your position

lets see

You will find in your own country the FAA, and in most countries around the world aviation authorities refer to what you call small drones as Aircraft, and so do most responsible people who fly them, you will also find FAA and other aviation authorities play a big roll in putting the need for failsafe on these drones which have a capacity for causing damage to persons and property alike.
2017-6-7
Use props
kwi66
lvl.2
Austria

Well, could also be read as 82% of all users are not satisfied with the current implementation and want it to be changed.
Count 2,3,4 and 5.......
2017-6-7
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

I think some people should remember that -at least- the guy who opened the poll (and who didn't change his mind on the topic) can see who voted for which choice before using their voting record in discussions.
2017-6-7
Use props
Kalibr
lvl.3
Flight distance : 59416 ft
United States

I think we are missing the point of this thread. Whether you believe RTH is for emergency or general use is irrelevant. It is a feature offered by DJI and as far as I can tell, it is not limited for emergency use only.
I think the system should work as it does today if RTH is automatically initiated by the software due to low battery or connection issues. However, if it is initiated by the pilot, there’s no need for such an annoying alert during the entire maneuver. I can understand an initial beep to alert that RTH is engaged and maybe even a flashing icon on the screen. After all, is the constant beeping intended to alert the pilot or passersby?
2017-6-7
Use props
Glenn Goodlett
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27978153 ft
  • >>>
United States

I like it the way it is.
2017-6-7
Use props
VMav
lvl.2
Flight distance : 76814 ft
United States

What kind of safety we are talking here?  Is it like backing in eighteen wheeler on narrow road? No? Then give us an option to switch it off after few beeps.
2017-6-8
Use props
Ron in Utah
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10902 ft
United States

I haven't used RTH yet, but I am definitely in the camp that wants more user control over the beeping. I would like to be able to control the volume, AND choose whether to turn off the beeps entirely, or off after a few beeps. Also, perhaps the option to have periodic "reminders" using the remote's vibration motor.
2017-6-12
Use props
djtommyboy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 771 ft
United States

This annoying beep makes me wanna be riding on the drone into a wall or the ocean.. REMOVE!!
2017-6-15
Use props
Craignos
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5574954 ft
  • >>>
Canada

You can cancel your RTH (and therefore stop the sound) at anytime, and bring home your device at your own pace and risk.
2017-6-15
Use props
Sprtbkrydr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3777011 ft
United States

It SUX!!.....
2017-6-15
Use props
illusiondrone
New
Flight distance : 5279 ft
Netherlands

I had it beebing because the battery of the controller was a bit low. It's great that it warns me for that with a load beeb, and perhaps it should do that every 30 seconds or so, but the continous beebing is just annoying. Let it go silent after i confirm the warning by clicking on it. But that's just my opinion.
2017-6-19
Use props
method007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's probably a good thing that it warns everyone around that software is currently controlling it and it is totally automated.
2017-6-23
Use props
CStone6
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Louder is better, then again, I'm a wee bit hard of hearing. ;-)
2017-6-23
Use props
CStone6
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Droninator Posted at 2017-5-27 12:46
Of course is it a safety feature and it is absolutly good to have!
But for me it is enough warning till that moment I recognize the warning.
With my hit on the cancel button I confirm that I´ve noticed the warning and further 5min nonstop beep noise is just useless stress...

Mind the beeping Richard.  (This comment only makes sense if you watch British comedy)
2017-6-23
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

I hate the noise and find no value in it during RTH. it really freaks me out.
2017-7-16
Use props
CAAirborne
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1174232 ft
United States

I know, too many options, but I'd like to be able to control the volume AND switch it off after confirmation.  (No, please don't add that to the survey. :-) )
2017-7-17
Use props
Bill Drones
lvl.4
United States

This needs to be bumped to (I hope) keep it on DJI's radar... That beep is unnecessarily loud, and it should always give the option to turn it off after a few beeps.
2017-7-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Bill Drones Posted at 2017-7-17 12:33
This needs to be bumped to (I hope) keep it on DJI's radar... That beep is unnecessarily loud, and it should always give the option to turn it off after a few beeps.

I think it's probably because you don't understand why the beeping is there, you have full control over it just turn off RTH , beeping stops, I don't think dji have any notion of changing the beeping, as they have also introduced same beeping in the spark, not many complaints about it with spark flyers. Maybe they realise the point behind the beeping.
2017-8-3
Use props
BumblerBee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

To be honest, beeping could be less obtrusive. It does not add much to the safety after the initial notification of RTH mode has been issued by the controller.

For consistency, the remote should then beep also when the AC is flying itself in the Active Track, Tap to Fly and Follow Me modes - you are actually even in less control of it then, as RC may be out of you hands during those modes, as opposed to RTH, when you are holding the RC, ready to make corrections.
2017-8-3
Use props
Mrpete
lvl.2
Flight distance : 604068 ft
United States

They can hear it 10 blocks away.  
2017-8-8
Use props
method007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't see anything wrong with warning anyone within ear shot (meaning they could be hit by the drone)  that a drone is being 100% flown by software at the moment without human intervention taking place.  
2017-8-8
Use props
J.T.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2076637 ft
Italy

As a pilot myself I can say that even on the helicopter we have the option to silence the beeping of caution or warning blinking lights, once you press the silencer the light stay solid on so maybe DJI could implement something similar, like you stop the sound but recive a solid message on the app or the controller
2017-8-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2017-7-16 14:18
I hate the noise and find no value in it during RTH. it really freaks me out.

It does tell you in your manual only use RTH in emergency situations, so unless you have a lot of those you shouldn't be hearing it that often.
2017-8-19
Use props
Panaceabeachbum
lvl.2
Flight distance : 871430 ft
United States

I like it, I fly until battery is very low and I like the audible beep thru the entire rth process it lets me know its still engaged
2017-8-19
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

i personally hate the beeping.... im glad it exists and is there however..  but i rather have SOME options to quiet a less than critical alarm or change intervals.

i found it fairly annoying and embarrassing with my DJi spark at the park when the battery was critical or it was RTH... people can hear it .... they dont need to know my drone may have a low battery or is returning.. at least not until the drone is within a certain distance..    like no point of everyone at a park knowing im returning home if im 2 - 5 miles out with a mavic pro (when i get one), because what good does that do for safety other then get eyes on you for next 5+ minutes while your drone is fighting to get back.    as for low battery alarm, that i dont mind, what i do mind is the fact that its so loud and constant..  i rather have border around my app to pulse a bright color change, like red pulsing and change the alarm to be every 10 seconds.. unless its critical or a battery error.. battery error or critically low battery it can be annoying as it wants..
2017-8-19
Use props
djiuser_M6sNIea
New
Flight distance : 8232 ft
Germany

method007 Posted at 2017-8-8 09:15
I don't see anything wrong with warning anyone within ear shot (meaning they could be hit by the drone)  that a drone is being 100% flown by software at the moment without human intervention taking place.

And why would anybody who is not owning a drone know, what that beeping means?
And btw, why would they care even if they knew? They cant control where the drone flies anyway, since I am controlling it either way (being able to cancel rth anytime, if I see any danger). The drone owner is responsible - beep or no beep!
I see more people being upset by that sound than beeing kept from harm by it!

(I am talking about the spark here, so this is not a mavic-only theme.)
2017-8-20
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Compared to the Spark, the Mavic's warning beep is quiet.  
2017-8-20
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

The beep of the spark and mavic is about the same to me! Althought with the mavic controller they could give us the option to set it to vibrate....like a bizz every 2 seconds to mimic the beeping.
2017-8-20
Use props
kg5na
lvl.1
Flight distance : 59980 ft
United States

This is a very loud and intrusive noise that causes more trouble than it is worth. RTH is not for emergencies. It should be used as a nice feature to do an auto return to home. It should not be so obnoxious to keep people from using it - like it is now.
2017-8-20
Use props
kg5na
lvl.1
Flight distance : 59980 ft
United States

This is a very loud and intrusive noise that causes more trouble than it is worth. RTH is not for emergencies. It should be used as a nice feature to do an auto return to home. It should not be so obnoxious to keep people from using it - like it is now.
2017-8-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

kg5na Posted at 2017-8-20 18:57

I think you will find if you read your manuals that RTH should only be used in emergency.
2017-8-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_M6sNIea Posted at 2017-8-20 12:57
And why would anybody who is not owning a drone know, what that beeping means?
And btw, why would they care even if they knew? They cant control where the drone flies anyway, since I am controlling it either way (being able to cancel rth anytime, if I see any danger). The drone owner is responsible - beep or no beep!
I see more people being upset by that sound than beeing kept from harm by it!

I think you will probably find if dji were even thinking of removing the beep they would not have put it in the spark as well.
( why would anyone not owning a drone know what the beeping is)

Most people not owning a lorry/truck , know what the beeping is when it's reversing most people recognise the siren of ambulances fire truck WHY because continued beeping is widely known as a warning Sign I.e. House alarm seat belt etc etc,

So when people hear the beeping they can keep clear, because the pilot is no longer in full control of the Aircraft. But he can at anytime switch of the beeping by taking back control and flying himself. If he can but reading this thread I suspect many can't .
2017-8-21
Use props
SparkBerlin
New
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-8-21 07:47
I think you will probably find if dji were even thinking of removing the beep they would not have put it in the spark as well.
( why would anyone not owning a drone know what the beeping is)

I would not use RTH (or fly the drone at all) where many people are around if I could help it. Or I would leave the beeping turned on then. Where is the problem?
What I don´t need is beeping when I am alone and trying to find out what the spark is being capable of (regarding rth and precision landing).
2017-8-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

SparkBerlin Posted at 2017-8-21 10:58
I would not use RTH (or fly the drone at all) where many people are around if I could help it. Or I would leave the beeping turned on then. Where is the problem?
What I don´t need is beeping when I am alone and trying to find out what the spark is being capable of (regarding rth and precision landing).

If you've lost sight of your spark or lost downlink ,just remember when you hear this beeping you know it's coming home, no beeping and no signal you may as well get down on your knees and prey.
2017-8-21
Use props
SparkBerlin
New
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-8-21 07:38
I think you will find if you read your manuals that RTH should only be used in emergency.

Not in the spark manual v1.2 German. (I´ve read only that)
Where exactly did you find that?
2017-8-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

SparkBerlin Posted at 2017-8-21 11:10
Not in the spark manual v1.2 German. (I´ve read only that)
Where exactly did you find that?

Most important manual you have Spark safety Guidelines. If you haven't read or looked at it you will find some interesting reading in there.
2017-8-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules