Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Floats to P4P
1362 8 2017-5-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ono
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1894961 ft
Spain

I just put floats to P4P. Easy and simple. Now try it.
Since the previous P4Pro I fell to the sea I have panic to H2O ....

I pass photos of my project

The summer is comming
PicsArt_05-17-04.40.59.jpg
PicsArt_05-17-04.41.52.jpg
PicsArt_05-17-04.42.22.jpg
2017-5-17
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
First Officer
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

What does it fly like?

It may keep it afloat, but it's still going to get very wet, in fact it will probably flip upside down and you'll just see your floats above the water.

2017-5-17
Use props
Ono
Second Officer
Spain

Matt-and-Riley Posted at 2017-5-17 06:49
What does it fly like?

It may keep it afloat, but it's still going to get very wet, in fact it will probably flip upside down and you'll just see your floats above the water.

Do you think he will turn around? My idea is not to pour into the water. Is a safety system in case it falls into the water ... I will do a safe test
2017-5-17
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
First Officer
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

Ono Posted at 2017-5-17 06:55
Do you think he will turn around? My idea is not to pour into the water. Is a safety system in case it falls into the water ... I will do a safe test

I think if it falls into the water, it's 50 / 50 what way up it will land. Unless it's a complete power failure the props are probably still spinning, it's going to bounce and flip around before drowning upside down.

It will keep it floating, so you will be able to recover it and won't have to go diving for it. Will it keep it dry, I doubt it.

Remember it is quite rare for these to drop out of the sky, I know you've had a bad experience, but the chances are you'll fly for years now with no problems. Think you're planning for an event that has already happened, shutting the door after the horse has bolted. Sorry - may not translate well
2017-5-17
Use props
Eric13
Captain
Flight distance : 13430925 ft
  • >>>
Germany

At first glance it looks like a smart solution.
Depending of what you wanna do/how you fly, it may have the opposite effect.
That'll be some major obstacle when you want the bird to fly free, faster than very slow.

I have flown less than a foot over water for quite a lot and my experience is:
Downward positioning system should be deactivated, good GPS and a stable compass are mandatory.

But a nice construction anyway!
2017-5-17
Use props
Labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

That looks like a disaster for flying.
It will eat your speed and battery life and catch a lot of wind.
Handicapping your Phantom like that could even lead to losing your Phantom rather than saving it.
I'd fly at sea all the time and I'd rather have a Phantom that still has full speed and battery time.
With the weight and air resistance as they are there's a high probability yours is almost certainly going to fall upside down - (if it ever falls)
If your Phantom falls in sea water, the electronics are dead anyway and nothing will be worth saving.
Two thumbs down
2017-5-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

I would concur with Matt-and-Riley that the probability of success can go either way.
2017-5-17
Use props
Dobmatt
Captain
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

No, please DON'T! It will not save your bird if it falls into sea water anyway, and performance will be terribly compromised. Such modification can be justified only if you MUST take off or land on water surface for some reason, but in controlled manner.
2017-5-17
Use props
Ono
Second Officer
Spain

Thanks to all of you for your advice. I will follow your recommendations. Outside floats !!
To fly free!!

{: 4_138:}
2017-5-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules