FPV Mode looks shaky - PROBLEM
1448 14 2017-5-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gerardo Rejec
lvl.3
Flight distance : 120141 ft
United States

Hi,  well,  when I use FPV mode the tilt of the camera is not smooth.. so when the drone turns, the video looks very robotic but that is not so much the problem. The problem I am seeing is that often the video just looks shakiy when I turn. No matter how smooth I am in the controls, I just notice when I turn the tilt of the camera like goes back and forth. I found a video that depicts exactly what I see in my own videos.        I have seen other videos where pilots use fpv mode and they have the same shake when they turn side to side... as I have seen phantom pilots using fpv mode where the tilt looks robotic but without that quick vibration effect.    Look at the video below.  I have calibrated everything. Imu... gimbal...  transmitter re linked.. transmitter calibrated.. to no avail.  I also changed the yaw gain values to make it smoother since I know somepilots have been experiencing shaky video in normal mode when they updated the dji go up. But the problem persists.   Is this normal?  

2017-5-17
Use props
Gerardo Rejec
lvl.3
United States

BTW... This video is not mine.. This is a video I found in youtube that shows exactly what I see in my own videos
2017-5-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Is everything up to date firmware wise as well?
2017-5-17
Use props
Gerardo Rejec
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-17 14:13
Is everything up to date firmware wise as well?

I am still in the 1.6.8 update.. I think that is the update where many had range problems// I never had a problem with that update.. So I left it unchanged. The only thing that is updated is the dji go app.
2017-5-19
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Gerardo Rejec Posted at 2017-5-19 05:53
I am still in the 1.6.8 update.. I think that is the update where many had range problems// I never had a problem with that update.. So I left it unchanged. The only thing that is updated is the dji go app.

And you're only getting this when the gimbal is in FPV mode and not Follow, correct? Are you still only using two anti drop kits or did you add more?
2017-5-19
Use props
Gerardo Rejec
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-19 16:00
And you're only getting this when the gimbal is in FPV mode and not Follow, correct? Are you still only using two anti drop kits or did you add more?

I only getting when i use FPV MODE/// only two  anti drop pings
2017-5-19
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft
United States

Isn't that the way it is supposed to work?  FPV = horizon banks when aircraft banks. Follow keeps horizon level.  Right?
2017-5-19
Use props
WIMO
lvl.2
Netherlands

maybe gimbal calibration will help
2017-5-19
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

If it´s a real FPV,why are the pros in the clip visible if the copter is flying fast. The real FPV looks like so

It´s recorded with a manuelly flown Copter X161,without ATTI and GPS. I think the FPV mode of the Phantom is for the x-axis only but not for the y- and z-axis.
The X161 does not have a gimbal.
2017-5-20
Use props
Gerardo Rejec
lvl.3
United States

Peterx Posted at 2017-5-20 10:28
If it´s a real FPV,why are the pros in the clip visible if the copter is flying fast. The real FPV looks like so
FPV with X161

the phantom FPV mode is not a real fpv mode.  When you use fpv mode in the phantom 3  the camera is never fixed .. it still moves.. left and right as if you were actually controlling the camera with the right sticks. Hard to explain.. you would have to see it working..  mostly it is designed to create and fpv effect, rather than being a true fpv camera where the camera is fixed to the drone.   Forward and backward inputs have no effect in the phantom when you use fpv.. thats why you see the props.
2017-5-22
Use props
Gerardo Rejec
lvl.3
United States

WIMO Posted at 2017-5-19 22:57
maybe gimbal calibration will help

tried that
2017-5-22
Use props
Gerardo Rejec
lvl.3
United States

KM5RG-Robert Posted at 2017-5-19 19:41
Isn't that the way it is supposed to work?  FPV = horizon banks when aircraft banks. Follow keeps horizon level.  Right?

yes that is correct.. that how it works in the phantom as far as I know...what I am seeing in the video is that the camera left and right movements are twitchy .. more than what I remember
2017-5-22
Use props
marvzz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 23835 ft
United States

The camera normally will turn a little ahead of the drone. You can see it with the drone on the ground and yawing left and right. I haven't messed with it in a while, but I thought there was a setting to turn that off.
2017-5-22
Use props
Gerardo Rejec
lvl.3
United States

marvzz Posted at 2017-5-22 06:59
The camera normally will turn a little ahead of the drone. You can see it with the drone on the ground and yawing left and right. I haven't messed with it in a while, but I thought there was a setting to turn that off.

yes... the pan synchronization needs to be turned off so when you yaw it wont move
2017-5-22
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Exactly so is it on a Phantom. Turn it off means,the gimbal must hold the cam parallel to the all of three axises. If the AC banks the cam must bank. if the AC nicks then the cam must nick and if the AC rotates the cam must rotate.  This is a fact why the phantom does not allow flips. If the phantom were able to do that then you´´ destroy the gimbal. The phantom is build for taking high quality photos and to make amazing clips about our beautiful planet from above. The FPV copter is built to fly races and explore terrain,without taking photos or making clips,in real time. Mostly i use the X161 in unknown terrain first to have a look for obstacles first and then let the phantom takes off. So i can avoid the phantom crashes in to a tree or rock and know the required height to fly.
2017-5-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules