About rumors that Mavic Standard controller no LED screen
2055 12 2017-5-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bochen7
lvl.2
United States

How does one even fly without an LED screen? Sometimes at the park I like flying without the app, just with the controller. If it ever starts flying beyond visual range and I need to bring it home, sometimes it is hard to see which way it is pointed, so I use a crude form of "dead reckoning" by looking at the distance range, and then slowly turning the Mavic around in a circle (yawing with rudder) as I monitor the distance to see if it is headed in the general direction back home.

Things like being able to see battery level, speed, height, distance and these basic telemetry are core and critical....

If Mavic Standard does away with the LED screen effectively flying with only a controller will be rendered impossible! Heck you won't even know if its in ATTI or GPS mode or if things like NFZ LIMIT or BAT ERROR etc...

And I heard the range went from 4.6 miles to 0.6 miles, a rounding error! If they want to handicap the Mavic to that level, they should handicap the price too! I heard it is going to be $799..... Hmmm... I wouldn't even buy it for $299 becuase it is not capable anymore! The value prop isn't there, since I heard they are taking and removing the OA too!

2017-5-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Sounds like fake news.
2017-5-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

The $799 (when available) is for the Mavic only and you are to use it in WiFi mode if you do not have the controller.
2017-5-17
Use props
bochen7
lvl.2
United States

I'm talking about Mavic Standard not Mavic pro
the Standard controller is reported to have NO LED screen at all!

http://dji.droneinner.com/dji-mavic-standard

2017-5-17
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

bochen7 Posted at 2017-5-17 13:01

Some people think that what was referred to as the "Mavic Standard" is really going to be the Spark that'll probably be officially announced next week. Apparently the Spark can only be controlled via mobile device / wifi, which would explain why there's no LCD and also explain the very limited range you mentioned.
2017-5-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

bochen7 Posted at 2017-5-17 13:01

You can only use it with your phone and app and you need wifi, there is no controller with it.
2017-5-17
Use props
bochen7
lvl.2
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-5-17 13:06
Some people think that what was referred to as the "Mavic Standard" is really going to be the Spark that'll probably be officially announced next week. Apparently the Spark can only be controlled via mobile device / wifi, which would explain why there's no LCD and also explain the very limited range you mentioned.

So if the Spark is not the Mavic Standard, then why did the Mavic get called the Mavic PRO?
And in the YouTube video you can clearly see what appears to be a Mavic controller but without the LED screens
2017-5-17
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

bochen7 Posted at 2017-5-17 13:15
So if the Spark is not the Mavic Standard, then why did the Mavic get called the Mavic PRO?
And in the YouTube video you can clearly see what appears to be a Mavic controller but without the LED screens

It's possible that they will turn out to be two separate products, but the "Mavic Standard" information in the video you linked to looks a lot like what's been going around the internet for months now and there's been speculation that the Spark is the "Mavic Standard". That may not turn out to be the case, though; we'll see.
2017-5-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-5-17 13:32
It's possible that they will turn out to be two separate products, but the "Mavic Standard" information in the video you linked to looks a lot like what's been going around the internet for months now and there's been speculation that the Spark is the "Mavic Standard". That may not turn out to be the case, though; we'll see.

I don't believe it will be a standard or watered down anything, when dji introduced standard models or cheaper models of existing drones, they were done with almost no fuss,
Dji are making a big announcement about whatever it's going to be and when they do this and organise the big extravaganza then it's usually something innovative and new. But we will have to wait and see..
2017-5-17
Use props
TrollsSlayer
Banned

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-5-17
Use props
bochen7
lvl.2
United States

TrollsSlayer Posted at 2017-5-17 16:53
I think you hit the nail on head with this.

They are mimicking Apple events with new innovation, maybe 4k racer drone / hand throw / IWatch / Voice controlled???

So it will be less powerful than the Mavic... not interested then.
2017-5-17
Use props
TrollsSlayer
Banned

India

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-5-17
Use props
QuanthonyTrang
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I think the spark will have a similar controller to the mavic but with NO LCD screen.
2017-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules