Vision sensor calibration not possible
3761 10 2017-5-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RivieraNAY
New
Mexico

Hi,
I'm very new to this drone thing so I don't know exactly what's going on.

Today I've installed the latest upgrade. After restarting the drone the iPhone app gave me a warning demanding to calibrate the vision sensor. I've tried it out in the field without success. It just gave me an error message that it couldn't do the calibration.
Back home I digged a little deeper and downloaded the current Assistent software for Mac (OS X 10.12.4) on a 27" iMac.

Now I can start the software, and power up the drone, and it gets recognized, but as soon as I start the actual calibration process the big main part of the screen stays empty (white). There's nothing seen to be calibrated to.

What am I doing wrong?
2017-5-17
Use props
TrollsSlayer
Banned

Switzerland

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-5-17
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Have you tried to re-install the software?  Here is a video for your reference, the same as Mavic.
2017-5-18
Use props
rstekeur
lvl.2
Flight distance : 167477 ft
United States

I just did the latest update and I can't get the screen with the dots. I get an error, "Frame Alignment error" also says at the bottom to reboot aircraft and I do but doesn't help
2017-5-21
Use props
RivieraNAY
New
Mexico

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-5-18 01:01
Have you tried to re-install the software?  Here is a video for your reference, the same as Mavic. DJI Phantom 4 - Calibrating the Vision Positioning System

Yes, I deleted and re-installed the software. Still no calibration screen.

I then installed the exact same software on my wife's Macbook Pro (same OS X version) and it worked right away. I was able to calibrate the visual sensors without problems then.

But still, the software is buggy if it runs on one machine but doesn't on another.
2017-5-22
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

RivieraNAY Posted at 2017-5-22 07:18
Yes, I deleted and re-installed the software. Still no calibration screen.

I then installed the exact same software on my wife's Macbook Pro (same OS X version) and it worked right away. I was able to calibrate the visual sensors without problems then.

Thank you for your feedback , we are pleased to hear that this issue has been resolved, wish you have a nice time on flying the drone.  As for the software problem, I've transferred it to our engineers , we're constantly working to improve both products and service to make all your experience with us better.
2017-5-22
Use props
EKC
New
United States

I too have an issue with the frame alignment error. I got a vision system error while flying and came back to recalibrate. My issue is that when I have the drone hooked up to my PC (Windows 10) with the USB cord, Assistant 2 require that I reboot the drone. When I do that Assistant 2 won't come back on. I have to unplug the drone and plug it back in to get Assistant 2 to restart. It then starts the whole process over again. A vicious circle.
I now have a new drone I'm afraid to fly because I can't calibrate the vision system and have a "vision System Error" message.
Does anyone know of a way around this to get it to recalibrate?
2017-6-18
Use props
EKC
New
United States

EKC Posted at 2017-6-18 02:04
I too have an issue with the frame alignment error. I got a vision system error while flying and came back to recalibrate. My issue is that when I have the drone hooked up to my PC (Windows 10) with the USB cord, Assistant 2 require that I reboot the drone. When I do that Assistant 2 won't come back on. I have to unplug the drone and plug it back in to get Assistant 2 to restart. It then starts the whole process over again. A vicious circle.
I now have a new drone I'm afraid to fly because I can't calibrate the vision system and have a "vision System Error" message.
Does anyone know of a way around this to get it to recalibrate?

Well, after reviewing other threads I came across the software signature issue and I have gotten past the issue of Assistant 2 not restarting and have been able to do the calibration. Unfortunately after calibration I still get the frame alignment error, but the vision system error I got in the beginning has gone away. I will try a flight later and see if I have issues.

I do have another question. Is the gimbal supposed to make noise when moving? Mine seems to make a grinding noise when it moves. Not sure if this is normal.
2017-6-18
Use props
fans6c44dc60
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-5-22 21:13
Thank you for your feedback , we are pleased to hear that this issue has been resolved, wish you have a nice time on flying the drone.  As for the software problem, I've transferred it to our engineers , we're constantly working to improve both products and service to make all your experience with us better.

I'm having this same issue and can't seem to resolve the issue
2017-6-18
Use props
fans932dbc25
lvl.2
Flight distance : 392608 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a Mavic Pro with the same requirement to calibrate vision system. Everything is fine except the dots do not come on the screen of my monitor. I reduced the resolution to 900 x 1600 as recommended in 1 of the videos, rebooted my desktop with my big monitor and still got no dots. Then I downloaded assistant to on my laptop adjusted it to 900 x 1600 still no dots. Tried another monitor on my desktop still no dots. Uninstalled DJI assistant 1. Repeated the whole process still no dots. After 4 hours of experiments I cannot get the dots to show on any of my monitors or laptops. What can I do now?
2017-7-25
Use props
Osee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 530758 ft
United States

I spent hours trying all the fixes in this forum - i tried two different windows 10 machines and then booted to a win 8.1 and nothing worked - finally i installed win 7 on one of the hard drives ... shazam !
2017-8-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules