1571 10 2017-5-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Shayd
lvl.3
Flight distance : 247306 ft
  • >>>
United States

[size=14.6667px]I don't consider myself a pro, It's a little hot today but After charging the batteries and messing a bit with the camera settings I noticed that one cell voltage is lower than all the rest.

[size=14.6667px]
[size=14.6667px]When I turn on the engines a pull the throttle a bit up I get this:

[size=14.6667px]

[size=14.6667px]Is this a problem?

2017-5-17
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

It looks like the battery needed to be balanced out. Try discharging all the way down to 5% and recharge to full. This should reset the intelligent battery circuit. The deep cycle discharge sometimes takes 2 times to get things back in order.  

At this point it is not bad, but keep checking for a few battery cycles.  Using DJI batteries and chargers the user does not have many options regarding balancing. We need to rely on the equipment provided
Keep us posted
Rich
2017-5-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

It looks like it's within OK levels, but try Rich's advice at your earliest convenience.
2017-5-18
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

I had inherited a similar battery issue from buying a used Inspire 1. Charging and discharging your battery will not help at all no matter how many times. The only solution is you open the top of the battery and charge the particular cell that is out of balance. That is the short coming of "intelligent battery".
2017-5-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

DTK Posted at 2017-5-18 18:24
I had inherited a similar battery issue from buying a used Inspire 1. Charging and discharging your battery will not help at all no matter how many times. The only solution is you open the top of the battery and charge the particular cell that is out of balance. That is the short coming of "intelligent battery".

If the battery still has warranty left on it (not specified by the OP, though), opening the battery like that would void the warranty.
2017-5-18
Use props
Dobmatt
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

As for the second issue you mentioned, it's rather obvious that the system will report problem since - apparently - you start the motors in your bedroom. You didn't put the props on, did you? So, when you throttle the motors up and no resistance is detected, guess what the bird will tell you ...
2017-5-18
Use props
Shayd
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Dobmatt Posted at 2017-5-18 21:25
As for the second issue you mentioned, it's rather obvious that the system will report problem since - apparently - you start the motors in your bedroom. You didn't put the props on, did you? So, when you throttle the motors up and no resistance is detected, guess what the bird will tell you ...

No it's not about the error, I just needed to put stress on the battery to see the voltage drop. I'm extremely limited with flying in NYC but I'll try to discharge it and charge if that does not help. RMA
2017-5-19
Use props
Shayd
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-5-17 21:02
It looks like the battery needed to be balanced out. Try discharging all the way down to 5% and recharge to full. This should reset the intelligent battery circuit. The deep cycle discharge sometimes takes 2 times to get things back in order.  

At this point it is not bad, but keep checking for a few battery cycles.  Using DJI batteries and chargers the user does not have many options regarding balancing. We need to rely on the equipment provided

I did deep discharge as you mentioned, probably bit lower than 5% but It was not done trough load. The drone sat on in my room. Then recharged back to full. Now I get this. This is extremely concerning as in a month I have to film in Pittsburgh convention center above about 5,000 People (With permissions of course) and in one scene film departing cruise and I need not get some voltage alerts when over water.
2017-5-23
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I just had the same issue with a battery. I am waiting a week so far for DJI to send a replacement..
2017-5-24
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Australia

By looking at your photo, the batteries have only been charged 8 times. It sure is under warranty.
2017-5-24
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
United States

I bought mine through authorised dealer in Australia. Hope I don't have wait at all for any warranty claim. Too many horror stories here involving DJI support
2017-5-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules