Rent a remote controller for 2 weeks - Toronto or Anchorage
650 6 2017-5-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GrandBleu
New
Canada

Hi everyone, i am writing to seek help.
I received a wonderful birthday gift from my family earlier - the Phamtom 4 Pro, however, when I took it back to Toronto and started charging the remote controller, it failed on me. I only get to learn that this is actually quite a common issue when I started searching on Google, but it seems that Dji's warranty doesn't even cover Canada directly and I have to send it back to Asia , where it was purchased, for repair or exchange.

However, time is not a friend on this case, I am about to join in a two-week journey in Alsaka, a great place for aerial photography. I wonder if there's anywhere that I can rent a remote controller just for the trip? Or if anyone in Toronto or Anchorage would very kindly lend your's to me for a fee?

I'm new to this site, thanks in advance for your response or advise.

Screen Shot 2017-05-18 at 08.45.49.png
2017-5-18
Use props
gamette
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2471076 ft
United States

I wish I had good news for you. I live in the US and my RC had problems on a my Pro purchase from DJI. I sent it in three weeks ago and the replacement should arrive early next week (finally!). Their customer service does not appear to understand the concept of "under promise and over deliver". They said it would take 5-7 business days to ship. On the seventh day, they generated a UPS label for the replacement and then it took another day to get in the mail.

I'm not sure if it's possible to get a controller somewhere else. I do know that a Phantom 4 RC won't work with the Pro. I wish I had better news for you. Perhaps renting another owner's would be your best bet, like you suggest. Best of luck to you!
2017-5-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Your RC not charging is not a common thing. If you had purchased the aircraft in Canada, you would send it to the California repair center and it would be repaired/replaced under warranty. But the warranty is covered by the the region you purchased it in. So it;s still under warranty if you send it to China since that's the region you purchased it in. If you send it to the US repair center then it would be a charged repair.
I'm guessing you've already gone through the troubleshooting process correct?
2017-5-19
Use props
GrandBleu
New
Canada

gamette Posted at 2017-5-19 21:34
I wish I had good news for you. I live in the US and my RC had problems on a my Pro purchase from DJI. I sent it in three weeks ago and the replacement should arrive early next week (finally!). Their customer service does not appear to understand the concept of "under promise and over deliver". They said it would take 5-7 business days to ship. On the seventh day, they generated a UPS label for the replacement and then it took another day to get in the mail.

I'm not sure if it's possible to get a controller somewhere else. I do know that a Phantom 4 RC won't work with the Pro. I wish I had better news for you. Perhaps renting another owner's would be your best bet, like you suggest. Best of luck to you!

Thank you Gamette! Dji's service is not impressive...
It is unfortunate but i will have to go without the drone this time....but thanks for your kindness.
2017-5-24
Use props
GrandBleu
New
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-5-19 21:39
Your RC not charging is not a common thing. If you had purchased the aircraft in Canada, you would send it to the California repair center and it would be repaired/replaced under warranty. But the warranty is covered by the the region you purchased it in. So it;s still under warranty if you send it to China since that's the region you purchased it in. If you send it to the US repair center then it would be a charged repair.
I'm guessing you've already gone through the troubleshooting process correct?

Thank you, Ken.
I wish Dji has the same service network as Apple. I mean, people travel nowadays...
2017-5-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

GrandBleu Posted at 2017-5-24 14:44
Thank you, Ken.
I wish Dji has the same service network as Apple. I mean, people travel nowadays...

Understood, and I'm sorry.
2017-5-25
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

How about taking the battery out and charging it with a lipo charger?
No idea if this is possible, or if charging is the only issue, but given the circumstances...
2017-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules