Help
874 16 2017-5-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansbdcccd8b
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Was updating my firmware when bird started beeping loudly and now can't turned off what happened ?
2017-5-18
Use props
fansbdcccd8b
First Officer
United States

Battery has two lights in center that won't go off
2017-5-18
Use props
fansbdcccd8b
First Officer
United States

Called Customer service and they  wanted to listen over phone.  Said send it back. I did. BIG MISTAKE
2017-5-18
Use props
fansbdcccd8b
First Officer
United States

Now costs more to fix than I paid for it.  What's warranty for ?
2017-5-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

fansbdcccd8b Posted at 2017-5-18 06:44

Don't think you should have to pay for updating your firmware, do you have another battery you can try.
2017-5-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

fansbdcccd8b Posted at 2017-5-18 06:44

Could you please provide your case number so I can better understand what's going on?
2017-5-18
Use props
fansbdcccd8b
First Officer
United States

cas-589800-k7y1w3  Thanks  dJI_jamie,  most frustrating thing I have ever faced!!! can you help ?
2017-5-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fansbdcccd8b Posted at 2017-5-20 16:10
cas-589800-k7y1w3  Thanks  dJI_jamie,  most frustrating thing I have ever faced!!! can you help ?

I checked your case, there was physical damage to unit, no malfunction found, so it's not covered by warranty.
The test has been done, it will be shipped out soon, hope you could receive it back shortly.
For any further questions, please feel free to contact us.
2017-5-20
Use props
fansbdcccd8b
First Officer
United States

True, slight damage to gimbal only, but from another aircraft.  I purchased another aircraft only and reattached the gimbal from the old one. It was purchased without any other components, but was brand new and flew perfectly.  While attempting to update firmware, which was indicated  I needed to do, the update failed and that's when the unit began loud beeping and battery showed two middle lights on continuously. My beef is why the main control on the NEW aircraft only had to be replaced. If It was damaged, then  it must have happened during the update itself. Can someone explain to me  how it was damaged and why that particular part is not covered under warranty?  Reminder that I do NOT dispute gimbal charges, only the main control board charge.
Thanks for any response!
2017-5-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fansbdcccd8b Posted at 2017-5-21 08:05
True, slight damage to gimbal only, but from another aircraft.  I purchased another aircraft only and reattached the gimbal from the old one. It was purchased without any other components, but was brand new and flew perfectly.  While attempting to update firmware, which was indicated  I needed to do, the update failed and that's when the unit began loud beeping and battery showed two middle lights on continuously. My beef is why the main control on the NEW aircraft only had to be replaced. If It was damaged, then  it must have happened during the update itself. Can someone explain to me  how it was damaged and why that particular part is not covered under warranty?  Reminder that I do NOT dispute gimbal charges, only the main control board charge.
Thanks for any response!

I've asked the local repair team to check the details for you, will contact you to explain it.
2017-5-21
Use props
fansbdcccd8b
First Officer
United States

Thank you Natalia
2017-5-22
Use props
fansbdcccd8b
First Officer
United States

Well, just got a text from support that an attempt to call me was not successful. Phone has not rang!!
Was told that my drone would ship shortly. I think I made a mistake by paying so quickly and then my complaint went totally ignored . Was told to pay within 3 days of when received or unit would be sent back. Has DJI sank to  "bait and switch games" ?
2017-5-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fansbdcccd8b Posted at 2017-5-22 16:05
Well, just got a text from support that an attempt to call me was not successful. Phone has not rang!!
Was told that my drone would ship shortly. I think I made a mistake by paying so quickly and then my complaint went totally ignored . Was told to pay within 3 days of when received or unit would be sent back. Has DJI sank to  "bait and switch games" ?

We sent you an e-mail after failing to call you.
According to the damage assessment, all parts listed on the invoice were considered to be malfunctioning.
The logistic department is working hard to ship it out soon, thanks for your patience!
2017-5-22
Use props
fansbdcccd8b
First Officer
United States

Thanks for the response Natalia , but the question still remains UNANSWERED.  Why did a NEW product have to have a main control board replaced when it was operating great before aempting
perfectly before a firmware update?  Surely someone has the answer! I'm sure if it's sent back before I get an answer, then my attempt of an invoice change will be forever
gone, Probably already is
2017-5-23
Use props
fansbdcccd8b
First Officer
United States

Excuse my previous attempt to type.  Was constantly interrupted.  Sure you got the gist of it.   Thanks
2017-5-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

fansbdcccd8b Posted at 2017-5-23 03:32
Thanks for the response Natalia , but the question still remains UNANSWERED.  Why did a NEW product have to have a main control board replaced when it was operating great before aempting
perfectly before a firmware update?  Surely someone has the answer! I'm sure if it's sent back before I get an answer, then my attempt of an invoice change will be forever
gone, Probably already is

It could be possible that the main board was unable to download and install the firmware update due to an interruption in the updating process, whether via a server interruption or a physical connection issue from a not so stable install of components from different units. Since the invoice was paid and the repairs are completed, no additional information would be able to be recovered in order to potentially meet your request.
2017-5-25
Use props
fansbdcccd8b
First Officer
United States

Nice way of saying:  WE got your money, STUPID.  You can give it up now, eh?   Mighty nice of dji   I just happen to be a purchaser from an aerolytics company. Goodbye to many , many $$$$$$$$$
2017-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules