Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Mavic, weak signal even at close range
1105 4 2017-5-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dknysprt95
New
Flight distance : 7457 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi All: New Mavic owner here, although not new to drones (also own and flown P3A extensively). Trying to see if this is a defective unit or I did something wrong, but in the 3 times that I took the drone out, I'm getting consistent weak signal errors that prevents me from using the drone normally. Even when flying drones around  a rural farming community, the video feed is consistently choppy in a couple of different settings, even when drone is 100ft above me. In either case, I've uploaded the signal strength screen from healthydrones.. it just showed "very poor" signal essentially in the entire 10 minute flight. Thanks in advance

flight.jpg
2017-5-18
Use props
Dknysprt95
New
Flight distance : 7457 ft
  • >>>
United States

For got to mention: Using Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, firmware updated via Go app
2017-5-18
Use props
FlyingSmasher
lvl.3
Hungary

Dknysprt95 Posted at 2017-5-18 10:16
For got to mention: Using Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, firmware updated via Go app

Did you try a different device to see if it is the device or the unit.
2017-5-18
Use props
QuanthonyTrang
First Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Turn your wifi off or switch to aeroplane mode.
And make sure you have the antenna in the correct V orientation.
2017-5-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Provided you have los with controller and AC and antennas pointing vertically, your Mavic should show good signal , as you said you owned other AC so you will be aware of the different environments you are flying in and what might cause signal problems.
So if your clear about what you are saying and looking at your picture I would say there is definitely a problem here, and you may have to send your Mavic back.
2017-5-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules