Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Controller issues, no forward controll
1372 3 2017-5-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans5877aa07
New
Flight distance : 80495 ft
United States

Hi looking for help regarding my Mavic RC. About a month ago my controller would not produce any forward controll. I had a normal flight the time before. The next time without any software upgrades there was no forward controll of the Mavic.  Right stick forward moves the Mavic backwards, Right stick back moves it backwards faster. I have tried several fixes with no help. Tried loading several different versions of software V01.03.0550 through V01.03.0700 )current version). Have tried loading through my cell phone connection and DJI assistant 2. Software has no problem loading (upgrading or downgrading). When I do a calibrate controller the right stick shows it recognizing the forward stick moving in all positions as it should. The calibration is successful. Also have successful IMU and compass calibrations.  I do all the necessary restarts and still get the same results when I go to fly the Mavic (no forward controll). I tried factory resets using DJI assistant 2 today, the Mavic resets and I load current version but I can not factory reset the RC. Could this be the issue? Does anyone know how to do a factory reset directly on the contorller (not using DJI assistant 2)? Thanks
2017-5-18
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

I am just wondering if there is a problem with the Mode that has been set. Have you ever tried to used a non standard Mode or has it always been set to Mode 1 or Mode 2 which are the most frequent ones used.
Perhaps you could try changing from the current Mode to another i.e. from Mode 2 to Mode 1 or vice versa. Turn everything off and then back on again and change to the Mode that you would normally use and then test it out.
2017-5-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Just as Jenee mentioned, please check your stick mode in remote controller settings.  
2017-5-19
Use props
Colorado Spring
New
Flight distance : 80495 ft
United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-5-18 21:19
I am just wondering if there is a problem with the Mode that has been set. Have you ever tried to used a non standard Mode or has it always been set to Mode 1 or Mode 2 which are the most frequent ones used.
Perhaps you could try changing from the current Mode to another i.e. from Mode 2 to Mode 1 or vice versa. Turn everything off and then back on again and change to the Mode that you would normally use and then test it out.

Just to update, I did try several mode changes and even the customized option. Still no fix. I ended up loading DJI GO4 app on my daughters phone (Motorola Droid) and was able to get it to work normally. Powered off RC and mavic a couple of times and it still worked. Put my phone (Samsung Galaxy S5) back into the  RC and it continues to work. Have gone through 3 batteries of flying time and everything is working as advertised. I still feel there may be an intermittent issue with the right stick. On several of the calibrations it started showing the stick going down (on the display screen) when I actually was moving it towards the top of the limit. SOOO for now everything is good. If I happen to lose forward control again I have RTH feature or fly it manually backwards to me. Happy flying...
2017-5-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules