I pad mini 4 and mavic
854 7 2017-5-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans1d118c17
New
United States

Hello everyone I'm hoping someone can help answer this question I currently fly my Mavic pro with my iPhone 6 s plus I'm looking to fly it with an iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi only model is there any problem in doing this or any risk that I'm taking  I flew the other day and put my phone in airplane mode amd wifi off and everything seems normal to me
2017-5-18
Use props
W.T. Foxtrot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1316732 ft
  • >>>
United States

I haven't been around long, but I have noticed a lot of posts from people saying that is what they use.  The only drawback is you will need to download any maps before you leave wifi coverage -- or perhaps have a hotspot set up for the Mini to share.  I have a Mini4 3G and am very happy with the image size.  I also have a 7plus and tried flying with it the first week I had my Mavic -- I quickly gave up and purchased the Mini.
2017-5-18
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 8378937 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Should be no problem.  I fly mine all the time with a iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi.  I usually preload maps of the area where I am going to fly.  I have on occasion use a cell phone set up as a hot spot to download maps in the field.
2017-5-18
Use props
fans1d118c17
New
United States

Sorry dumb ?? But if i didnt do a wifi hot spot and download maps what does that mean for the flight ? Am i going to have trouble with return home or some other functions just wondering cuase like i posted i flew in airplane mode and nothing seemed to be different to me ?
2017-5-18
Use props
fans1d118c17
New
United States

Well guess it dont matter now cause the wife just told me we have unlimited data and suprised me and told me she just orderd me the i pad mini 4
2017-5-18
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

fans1d118c17 Posted at 2017-5-18 15:38
Well guess it dont matter now cause the wife just told me we have unlimited data and suprised me and told me she just orderd me the i pad mini 4

That was very nice; you obviously have a good wife. I'll still go ahead and answer your questions even though it's somewhat moot now.

Yes, as Foxtrot indicated, a wifi-only works fine -- in fact, that's what I use. And no, RTH won't be affected by the lack of a map: it only affects your ability to view the map during the flight. RTH is based solely on the GPS receiver within the Mavic itself and should work even if you used the controller without any mobile device at all.
2017-5-18
Use props
Tim the Toolman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 275817 ft
Australia

I tried to hook up my iPad Mini 4 with the lead and just can't get it all to stay together due to length of the lead and can't find a longer one to buy on the DJI site, can someone please give me advice as to what I should be doing for both cradle for the Mini and leads?  Thanks in advance
2017-5-21
Use props
PHL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1044062 ft
Australia

Tim the Toolman Posted at 2017-5-21 15:11
I tried to hook up my iPad Mini 4 with the lead and just can't get it all to stay together due to length of the lead and can't find a longer one to buy on the DJI site, can someone please give me advice as to what I should be doing for both cradle for the Mini and leads?  Thanks in advance

Take the existing cable off, buy a short USB to lightning cable, and plug it into the USB port at the bottom of the controller. You can use a long cable as well, just that it's messy.
Have do it albeit to a full sized iPad, and it works fine.
Just don't forget to unplug the original side cable.
2017-5-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules