Repair Process at DJI
2346 7 2017-5-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansf7eba87b
New

United States

This is a cautionary note to anyone considering sending their drone to DJI for minor repairs. My Mavic was my baby, and I hated to see it with any damage, so when I messed up the case and the frontal sensors I sent it to repairs. But the first thing I did was confirm with DJI support that I would be able to choose what I wanted repaired. They said I could. but...
You don't get to choose.

My drone was able to fly, and the camera/gimbal worked fine. But I was quoted for two motor arms, and the gimbal arm module (together, more than $100). I was also quoted for the propellors (I even changed the propellors with the spares that came with the drone).

When I was flying the drone it showed my frontal sensors had an error on my phone. But they were not on the quote. They were the original reason I sent the drone in, and I'm now faced with paying for a set of repairs I know aren't necessary, and might get a still-broken drone shipped back to me.

As far as support goes in handling this problem, they're not the best. No one ever replied to my email, and it's now been well over a week. I've talked with customer service, and they sent it in for re-evaluation. But they weren't re-evaluating the damage, they were re-evaluating if it was caused by pilot error and concluded that it was my fault the drone crashed. I agree, it was my fault. That was never in question. I have contacted DJI support online three times and they're telling me that they can make a note for the repair team, while also telling me I need to pay for the quote to get my case in front of the repair team.

They also offered to file a dispute for me, but every time they file it, I come back 3-4 days later to ask where I am along the process, and they tell me that I have been given a quote. The dispute filing doesn't get you anywhere, they simply file it and wait for you to pay the bill.

Here's the quote so you guys have an idea what to expect.

ItemQuantityUnit Price(USD)Total Price(USD)
Gimbal Arm Module159.0059.00
Mavic 8330 Quick-release Folding Propellers29.0018.00
Middle Frame Module14.004.00
Front Left Motor Arm122.0022.00
Upper Cover11.001.00
Front Right Motor Arm122.0022.00
Gimbal Mounting Bracket11.001.00
Repair Service Fee265.00/H130.00
Freight:0.00
Total Amount:257.00
DJI Care deduction:0.00
Total Payment:257.00

2017-5-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We’re deeply sorry about the inconvenience caused.  Could you please provide me with your case number so I can escalate it for you?
2017-5-18
Use props
Frank Liu
New

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-5-18 20:01
We’re deeply sorry about the inconvenience caused.  Could you please provide me with your case number so I can escalate it for you?

Hi Mindy,

My case number is CAS-624379-M1S3N8

What will escalating it do?

Thank you for trying to help
2017-5-19
Use props
taus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25358 ft
Denmark

Frank Liu Posted at 2017-5-19 10:48
Hi Mindy,

What will escalating it do?

Who knows? You will never know what would have happened without escalating the case.

It is a matter of faith. You might feel better now that you know the case is escalated.   

Do you feel it?
2017-5-19
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Frank Liu Posted at 2017-5-19 10:48
Hi Mindy,

Hi Frank, I’ve informed our appropriate team to look into your case soon, hope we can get it sorted out shortly. Appreciate your patience.
2017-5-19
Use props
Frank Liu
New

United States

Wow, I got contacted this Monday. I suppose that's because of you DJI Admin's. Thanks for helping out!

They did take off the two front motor arms and propellers from the quote. They're also saying that they're sure the DJI Gimbal Arm needs repair, and they didn't mention the front camera sensors. I'm just going to take their word on it this time. I paid the bill ($208 now, they added $13 freight in for some reason). I guess we'll see if it comes back with any sensor issues! (I'll post when I get it)
2017-5-23
Use props
fans84b41fbd
New
United States

Did you ever get it back? lol
2017-7-4
Use props
NGF
lvl.4
Flight distance : 174 ft

United Kingdom

fans84b41fbd Posted at 2017-7-4 01:22
Did you ever get it back? lol

I'm waiting too, well, to send it. This thread doesn't give me much faith!!!!
I may seek advice from an electrical engineer. All I need doing is a wire soldering.
2017-11-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules