Anybody received old rusty product?
1889 27 2017-5-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanscb756519
lvl.1
United States

Anybody run in to sketchy DJI issues? Like you supposed to receive a new DJI Mavic Pro but instead you got a rusty bags and a drone that looks used?
Here's the picture of my product taken < 24 hrs after i received the product.
IMG_1399.JPG
IMG_1398.JPG
2017-5-18
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Send it back!
2017-5-18
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 362510 ft
Australia

Whoa that ones had a sticker on it.
Some member might remember sending it in for repair hehe

Not sure why DJI is allowing this business practice to take place which will clearly tarnish rep.
2017-5-18
Use props
fanscb756519
lvl.1
United States

Bent Kangaroo Posted at 2017-5-18 19:05
Whoa that ones had a sticker on it.
Some member might remember sending it in for repair hehe

I sent it back. But I guess good news is no one in this form has experience what I have experienced. But the fact the the zipper bad arrived rusty is just going above a beyond poor. Where has it been? in the water?
2017-5-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We are sorry for the experience. Did you get in touch with our tech support at support.us@dji.com?
I have reported this to our management, we will keep improving our quality control.
2017-5-18
Use props
fanscb756519
lvl.1
United States

Now I'm furious.

The case number is CAS-619827-C4D1T8  they received my item.  They said they are going to return my device tested and verified and just replace the battery and the bag saying i could have purchased this refurbished. clearly not I have and order number 0013980928043  and there isn't even and option to buy refurbish on the website. I said I want a new DJI or my money back. They said they are going to ship this back to me and I can go through RMA and then they just hung up on me. Why can't they just process it there?  I wish I could record this. .

Through out this experience I came to conclude that

1. There is probably no difference between refurbished and new mavic pro from DJI. Even if it's label new, you're getting what ever that is laying around in the factory.

2. DJI does not care about their customer and their service is really sketchy. And it's not the first. I had a phantom 3 and I also went through HELL with them, UPS lost my device, they were not willing to resolve it with UPS util i had to escalate it. I was hoping this experience would be better this time b/c UPS was partially at fault in the prior incident. But now I see that it's 100% poor customer support on their end.

Now I'm just waiting on when I'm going to get my money back.

2017-5-19
Use props
ShadyDealer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My bag zips went rusty within 2 days. Poor & lame really and the black tags come off as the zips clasps were basically not crimped enough. Think the bag quality is terrible. My battery has got a minor marks in it but not like a sticker has been removed.

Come on DJI, seems a lot of people have similar gripes. Don't expect this way you pay £100/$1000 plus for an item.  
2017-5-19
Use props
fanscb756519
lvl.1
United States

ShadyDealer Posted at 2017-5-19 15:37
My bag zips went rusty within 2 days. Poor & lame really and the black tags come off as the zips clasps were basically not crimped enough. Think the bag quality is terrible. My battery has got a minor marks in it but not like a sticker has been removed.

Come on DJI, seems a lot of people have similar gripes. Don't expect this way you pay £100/$1000 plus for an item.

Are you saying this with sarcasm? How can a it go rusty within 2 days. I know for sure mine came rusty.
2017-5-19
Use props
ShadyDealer
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fanscb756519 Posted at 2017-5-19 15:51
Are you saying this with sarcasm? How can a it go rusty within 2 days. I know for sure mine came rusty.

No sarcasm at all. Maybe it did come rusty and I hadn't noticed. When I bought the Mavic the weather was terrible so didn't touch it for 2 days. All I know now is that the zips are rusty and the leather tabs from the zips have come off. Very poor bag.
2017-5-19
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Yeah that looks used. Mine came in with the plastic smelling like it came out the mold. Can probably take off the velcro residue with a goo remover, or better yet skin it at decalgirl. The bag, probably would have got stainless clasps for it and called it a day. It's not worth the hassle for me personally.. and you already roid raged! Just that stress alone, that's how the monitor industry stays in business.
2017-5-19
Use props
vmich
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1100079 ft
Canada

For the past couple of weeks, on this forum, I've read more and more of these stories of people receiving what is obviously not a new product. And I am not only talking about returns from repairs (which already is disputable), but actual initial delivery. I don't even know how it is legal to do this. Imagine going to a car dealer, ordering a 2017 car and taking delivery of a car with 1,000 miles on the odometer and coffee stains on the seats!!

My bet is that DJI got so many returns (I had to return 3 aircraft myself, I can't imagine that was an isolated case) that they try to unload these tons of "refurbished" units to new buyers. Without even attempting to make the equipment look new. It is really a shame. Not a good move on the long term; I sincerely hope they will be bitten back. And hard.
2017-5-19
Use props
fanscb756519
lvl.1
United States

vmich Posted at 2017-5-19 19:01
For the past couple of weeks, on this forum, I've read more and more of these stories of people receiving what is obviously not a new product. And I am not only talking about returns from repairs (which already is disputable), but actual initial delivery. I don't even know how it is legal to do this. Imagine going to a car dealer, ordering a 2017 car and taking delivery of a car with 1,000 miles on the odometer and coffee stains on the seats!!

My bet is that DJI got so many returns (I had to return 3 aircraft myself, I can't imagine that was an isolated case) that they try to unload these tons of "refurbished" units to new buyers. Without even attempting to make the equipment look new. It is really a shame. Not a good move on the long term; I sincerely hope they will be bitten back. And hard.

If you know of any lawsuit regarding DJI sending used refurbished items not advertised, count me in.
2017-5-19
Use props
Woodwanger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Here in the UK we have trading standards who would be our first point of contact...if you have the same in the states I would do the same, you clearly have been miss sold an item which is illegal and if they are selling second hand refurnished items as new this is clearly fraud, The same goes for a product that has been received that is faulty and is returned, you should by law receive your money back or a brand new replacement....not someone else's used refurbished product.....either way when you pay for something brand new you should receive it brand new,

Would you go to your local car dealer and pay for a brand new car and then go to collect it and was given a second hand one would you put up with that!...NO   
2017-5-19
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fanscb756519 Posted at 2017-5-19 15:28
Now I'm furious.

The case number is CAS-619827-C4D1T8  they received my item.  They said they are going to return my device tested and verified and just replace the battery and the bag saying i could have purchased this refurbished. clearly not I have and order number 0013980928043  and there isn't even and option to buy refurbish on the website. I said I want a new DJI or my money back. They said they are going to ship this back to me and I can go through RMA and then they just hung up on me. Why can't they just process it there?  I wish I could record this. .

I just confirmed it with the engineers,this drone is brand new and found to be in fully functional condition. The sticker mark caused by the sticker which we are using during productive process. There was oxidation found on the bag and the bag will be exchanged. Sincerely sorry for the unpleasant experience, as Mindy mentioned, We have reported this to our management, we will keep improving our quality control.
2017-5-20
Use props
ShadyDealer
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If I could be bothered to kick up a fuss about my bag I would. An exchange would be most welcome. Let's not forget this bag is meant to cost £75. A lot of money for what it is. Shame DJI is willing to tarnish its reputation by cutting corners.
2017-5-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

ShadyDealer Posted at 2017-5-20 03:21
If I could be bothered to kick up a fuss about my bag I would. An exchange would be most welcome. Let's not forget this bag is meant to cost £75. A lot of money for what it is. Shame DJI is willing to tarnish its reputation by cutting corners.

Of all the products I've received from dji packaging and products have been exceptional I don't believe they send out refurbished products posing as new, although if we look hard enough we might find the odd fingerprint sometimes that might be our own.
Regarding the bag yes if there was rust on it may be caused by condensation and got missed when checking, yes it is expensive and should be changed,
2017-5-20
Use props
fanscb756519
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-5-20 03:11
I just confirmed it with the engineers,this drone is brand new and found to be in fully functional condition. The sticker mark caused by the sticker which we are using during productive process. There was oxidation found on the bag and the bag will be exchanged. Sincerely sorry for the unpleasant experience, as Mindy mentioned, We have reported this to our management, we will keep improving our quality control.

I don't really don't buy that.
2017-5-20
Use props
fanscb756519
lvl.1
United States

Hi DJI - Thor I don't really buy the explanation.  I'm not happen with the experience. I feel like we need to be compensated for the poor distrust experience. Any I'm tired of going back and forth with this. Doesn't feel like it's going anywhere anyway. Can you just have them ship it back new or not. I'm going to create a  Youtube video to report my experience after it comes back.

Thanks,
-Binh
2017-5-20
Use props
hællf
New
Russia

fanscb756519 Posted at 2017-5-20 06:16
I don't really don't buy that.

Did your drone come with all the transparent foil covering the sides of the wings, rear wing turn points and controller surfaces?
This is usually the not easy to replace part when refurbishing stuff.. Can't be ordered as a spare, only available in the factory process.
Also, mine came without any "sticker mark on top".
2017-5-20
Use props
fanscb756519
lvl.1
United States

Last words, with a benefit of the doubt, I reviewed an unboxing video from BH photo    at 8 minutes. I don't think i see any sticker on the device that could have caused the sticker mark during the "productive process".
2017-5-20
Use props
fanscb756519
lvl.1
United States

hællf Posted at 2017-5-20 06:44
Did your drone come with all the transparent foil covering the sides of the wings, rear wing turn points and controller surfaces?
This is usually the not easy to replace part when refurbishing stuff.. Can't be ordered as a spare, only available in the factory process.
Also, mine came without any "sticker mark on top".

I do recall there was a the transport foil on the legs. I think it's not easy for us, but for them yes.
2017-5-20
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

fanscb756519 Posted at 2017-5-20 06:38
Hi DJI - Thor I don't really buy the explanation.  I'm not happen with the experience. I feel like we need to be compensated for the poor distrust experience. Any I'm tired of going back and forth with this. Doesn't feel like it's going anywhere anyway. Can you just have them ship it back new or not. I'm going to create a  Youtube video to report my experience after it comes back.

Thanks,

Hi Binh,  we understand how you feel, very sorry about it. I’ve reported your case to designated department, who are going to take care of this for you right now. Someone will contact you soon. Appreciate for your patience.
2017-5-22
Use props
fanscb756519
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-5-22 02:41
Hi Binh,  we understand how you feel, very sorry about it. I’ve reported your case to designated department, who are going to take care of this for you right now. Someone will contact you soon. Appreciate for your patience.

DJI-Thor
    Thanks for escalating this. I got a call today regarding the issue. Looks like I will get a new device as requested. I forgot to raise this question on the call. I had DJI care refresh plan so will it transfer to the new device?
Thanks
-Binh
2017-5-22
Use props
Michael Kaine
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1217520 ft
  • >>>
United States

HHHHMMMMM!
Had an issue with my brand new $6000 inspire 2 showing up defective with grease marks on the body, after i returned it and made a fuss i was contacted by a supervisor who tried for 20 minutes to convince me that all inspire 2 units were shipped that way.

this post by DJI-Thor reminds me of that experience.
Like REALLY DUDE!{:4_110:}

2017-5-22
Use props
fans42b101d8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 161519 ft
United States

I contacted the BBB and filed a complaint. We have gone back and forth 2 times and the responses are pure lies. The second response even said they shipped my drone! Still not shipped on day 40!! File complaints until they fix it or they will continue this behavior. I don't know who is in charge of the repair facility but they need to find a new career field, they are not good at this one. Totaling killings the companies reputation.
2017-5-22
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 362510 ft
Australia

fanscb756519 Posted at 2017-5-22 15:00
Looks like I will get a new device as requested.

New device?
You mean Mavic yes?
Good outcome and should remove some well founded doubts about the history of your Mavic.
The metal part that rusted would indicate very poor quality blend of steel used. Often in transit flight for cargo, condensation can occur due to cold temps in cargo bay causing rust to form on brand new items with questionable quality of ingredients.
A simple replacement for that would be using anything similar in shape but recommending stainless steel for longevity.
2017-5-22
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

fanscb756519 Posted at 2017-5-22 15:00
DJI-Thor
    Thanks for escalating this. I got a call today regarding the issue. Looks like I will get a new device as requested. I forgot to raise this question on the call. I had DJI care refresh plan so will it transfer to the new device?
Thanks

You are welcome, Binh. As for the DJI Care refresh, please send a email with the serial numbers and the case number to djicare@dji.com,  we will transfer it to the new drone.
2017-5-22
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't know about the rusty zipper but I can tell you that the sticker mark is common, I've seen it on several different mavrics.
2017-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules