4218 13 2017-5-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Elettrone78
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2840512 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I was wondering if by any chanche a camera operator could use a second controller to handle the camera and camera settings while I fly the drone.
My local retailer is positive on this but I don't trust him and I could not find any hint on the manual nor the internet on this procedure.
I understand this question might be redundant but I couldn't even find a hint that it can't be done so I would like to receive an official answer, thanks.
2017-5-18
Use props
Phantom3ProPilo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 612825 ft
Croatia

As long as I know it's only available for the Inspire series
2017-5-18
Use props
Elettrone78
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Phantom3ProPilo Posted at 2017-5-18 23:40
As long as I know it's only available for the Inspire series

It can be done with the mavic....
2017-5-19
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

Doesn't make a lot of sense on a Phantom anyway since to yaw the camera you have to yaw the aircraft and that affects the flight, so even if you could connect 2 controllers they would not have independent control of camera and flight.
2017-5-19
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Dual remote controller mode is not available for Phantom 4 Pro.
2017-5-19
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Like Thor mentioned, dual control isn't available for the P4P. Should you happen to have a HDMI module installed, you could technically give the other persion the tablet to control the camera controls while you use a monitor to fly. Granted, all they can do is tilt the gimbal with their finger and mess with the overall camera settings. It would not be the same as when it's dual control on an Inspire.
2017-5-19
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

That would be about as useful as a second driver in the car with you to handle gear changes.
2017-5-19
Use props
Elettrone78
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-19 14:13
Like Thor mentioned, dual control isn't available for the P4P. Should you happen to have a HDMI module installed, you could technically give the other persion the tablet to control the camera controls while you use a monitor to fly. Granted, all they can do is tilt the gimbal with their finger and mess with the overall camera settings. It would not be the same as when it's dual control on an Inspire.

That's what I want, even with Its limitations that would be something. Care to elaborate? HDMI module?
2017-5-21
Use props
Elettrone78
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-19 14:13

By the way mine is a P4P+ so I've got HDMI out already but I dont get what does it have to do with controlling the gimbal, isn't that just a video output?
2017-5-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Elettrone78 Posted at 2017-5-21 06:15
That's what I want, even with Its limitations that would be something. Care to elaborate? HDMI module?

The HDMI module I'm referring to is the one below:

http://store.dji.com/product/phantom-3-hdmi-output-module

If you replace the USB board that's on the RC with that, you'll have the option for that dual video output like I mentioned.
2017-5-22
Use props
JoiCam
lvl.4
Flight distance : 771434 ft
Iceland

The HDMI board is just a video output board. It does not let you control the gimbal at all.
2017-5-22
Use props
Elettrone78
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-22 07:08
The HDMI module I'm referring to is the one below:

http://store.dji.com/product/phantom-3-hdmi-output-module

Omg I already have dual video...and that's it, video, not controls, can't even hook a tablet via USB to the p4p+ remote.
Nevermind, Iget it, it can't be done.
2017-5-22
Use props
SM-17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 179288 ft
Netherlands

The hdmi output of the plus or optional hdmi for the pro is just an output to an hdmi monitor (it has nothing to do with dual control) you just give the monitor to your friend maybe to impress him of what you are filming,but he has no control at all
2017-5-22
Use props
dWaS9dCTxj00
lvl.1
Flight distance : 724921 ft
United States

You can use inspire 2 controllers with p4p in dual operator configuration.  Using coach mode,  the sabe controller can do anything the master can with the master having instant override.  Wet currently use this configuration for pilot training,  works great. Plus you can use two crystal sky monitors and hdmi out
2017-8-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules