Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic and osmo in Greece
1103 10 2017-5-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JCB522
lvl.3
Flight distance : 47671 ft
Canada

Finally put together some videos from my recent trip to Greece last month. Some thieves broke into my rental car and stole my osmo mobile half way through my trip. Ended up using the mavic as a handheld stabilizer, didn't work as well as the osmo though. Hope you guys enjoy. It was actually my first time flying a drone, got the hang of it pretty quick except the one time i accidentally took off in Atti mode and drifted into a bush. Totally my mistake but good learning experience. Kind of got vertigo while flying it and was always paranoid it would come crashing down so I would always fly when no one else was around. I would also always switch memory cards with fresh ones in case I lost my drone.

This was in Santorini, they had no drone signs in the main town of Oia. Flew in other places though and even outside the town where those signs weren't posted

This was another Greek island called Zakynthos. Gorgeous place to fly. My Osmo mobile was already stolen here so my cell phone footage wasn't stabilized. I was pretty bummed about not having it here

2017-5-19
Use props
Mcflying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 243753 ft
Netherlands

Nice shots,....and Greece is such an incredible beautiful country with lovely people.
Sorry there was one or two not so lovely.

Question about the Zakyhnthos shot.
What is with the word "cameo" hidding in the bush on 0:41 and which also can be seen on the freezeframe above?
2017-5-19
Use props
W.T. Foxtrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 1316732 ft
  • >>>
United States

Beautiful footage.  Thanks for sharing your trip.  Really too bad about the OSMO being stolen.... Hope it didn't spoil your time.
2017-5-19
Use props
JCB522
lvl.3
Canada

Mcflying Posted at 2017-5-19 04:57
Nice shots,....and Greece is such an incredible beautiful country with lovely people.
Sorry there was one or two not so lovely.

The people there were really nice. I didn't see a single other drone on my travels though.

That island is a beach resort with a private cove on the back of the island. It's called Cameo beach resort. It was still shoulder season when I was there so they were in the middle of sprucing it up for the season.
2017-5-19
Use props
JCB522
lvl.3
Canada

W.T. Foxtrot Posted at 2017-5-19 05:14
Beautiful footage.  Thanks for sharing your trip.  Really too bad about the OSMO being stolen.... Hope it didn't spoil your time.

Thank you, at first I was a litle bummed out but I still had all my DSLR gear and my mavic still so I wasn't too bummed out and got the chance to still capture awesome moments
2017-5-19
Use props
Mcflying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 243753 ft
Netherlands

JCB522 Posted at 2017-5-19 14:49
The people there were really nice. I didn't see a single other drone on my travels though.

That island is a beach resort with a private cove on the back of the island. It's called Cameo beach resort. It was still shoulder season when I was there so they were in the middle of sprucing it up for the season.

Cameo beach resort,...in the footage it looks like a watermark
2017-5-19
Use props
Yogi123
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3194669 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice shots, thanks for sharing.  We are going to Greece in July and cannot wait to use MP there.  By the way, Polar Pro makes a little gadget that turns Mavic in handheld cam . . .
2017-5-20
Use props
Tealk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 479613 ft
Romania

nice!!! Santorini is the best island ive ever seen, and the best island in Grece, ive been there Zakynthos and Santorini twice ...nice and hooootttt!!! ... this year i will go again to Crete Island again
2017-5-20
Use props
JCB522
lvl.3
Canada

Yogi123 Posted at 2017-5-20 01:50
Nice shots, thanks for sharing.  We are going to Greece in July and cannot wait to use MP there.  By the way, Polar Pro makes a little gadget that turns Mavic in handheld cam . . .

Thank you! It's nice there but I wish flying around near the archaeological sites was allowed. I didn't want to fly over them just near them and was told it was a big no no
2017-5-20
Use props
JCB522
lvl.3
Canada

Tealk Posted at 2017-5-20 02:06
nice!!! Santorini is the best island ive ever seen, and the best island in Grece, ive been there Zakynthos and Santorini twice ...nice and hooootttt!!!  ... this year i will go again to Crete Island again

They're both beautiful islands. I wish I had more time, I would have went to crete and Mykonos as well. I got some great shots over Meteora but was too scared the monks would call the police so I kept my flights short
2017-5-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great videos, and what a beautiful place.
2017-5-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules