Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
POP-UP: "Functions will be limited"
2111 12 2017-5-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PhanFran
First Officer
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

I just started up DJI GO 4 and immediately got a pop-up message on the screen of my iPhone saying that "next week a new version of DJI GO would be released and that every user would be required to log in with his or her DJI-account or the functions of his aircraft wouuld be limited"

Where are we going ? Is this an innocent warning for a new version or does this imply that some new 'functions' will be implemented that some of us might not like but if they don't accept these changes their flying experience will be 'limited' ?
2017-5-19
Use props
bunny too
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13442 ft
United States

I am interested as well.  I am wondering if it is some kind of security update to keep people from using drones as smart bombs in the warring areas of the world.
2017-5-19
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Please view more info on this thread:

DJI Updates Process For Activating Software And Firmware Updates
2017-5-19
Use props
Mcflying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 243753 ft
Netherlands

Got the same message when i installed the DJI GO4 app on my tablet a hour ago.

Maybe we will get some new powerfull features!!
Screenshot_2017-05-19.png
2017-5-19
Use props
PhanFran
First Officer
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-5-19 12:50
Please view more info on this thread:

DJI Updates Process For Activating Software And Firmware Updates

Ok, I read the  -rather vague- text in that link.
Questions remain: does this mean that our AC's will automatically be limited to the regulations of the country it's flying in ?
While I'm not absolutely against such a measure; it still would constitute a breach of contract. We bought the drone with the features advertised, not expecting these features to be 'limited' later.
2017-5-19
Use props
alirz5
Second Officer
Flight distance : 609833 ft
Canada

So what now? The height and  distance allowed will be limited now even more?
2017-5-19
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sounds like a few screws will be tightend down a wee bit. The Wild West days are coming to an end.....
2017-5-19
Use props
Landbo
First Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

I suppose DJI does not want to sell hobby drones any longere.  
2017-5-19
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

PhanFran Posted at 2017-5-19 13:06
Ok, I read the  -rather vague- text in that link.
Questions remain: does this mean that our AC's will automatically be limited to the regulations of the country it's flying in ?
While I'm not absolutely against such a measure; it still would constitute a breach of contract. We bought the drone with the features advertised, not expecting these features to be 'limited' later.
alirz5 Posted at 2017-5-19 13:25
So what now? The height and  distance allowed will be limited now even more?

If this activation process is not performed, the aircraft will not have access to the correct geospatial information and flight functions for that region, and its operations will be restricted if you update the upcoming firmware: Live camera streaming will be disabled, and flight will be limited to a 50-meter (164-foot) radius up to 30 meters (98 feet) high.

2017-5-19
Use props
PHL
Captain
Flight distance : 1044062 ft
Australia

Look on the bright side; if specific regulations for each country is implemented, it might stave off a ban on DJI drones in more countries.
It shouldn't affect anyone here, should it, as we all follow all relevant regulations.
2017-5-19
Use props
alirz5
Second Officer
Flight distance : 609833 ft
Canada

What I'm tryong no to understand is. If I update and all, sign in etc....will I not be able fly let's say at the current max altitude of 500m that the Dji drones can fly at.
2017-5-19
Use props
bunny too
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13442 ft
United States

alirz5 Posted at 2017-5-19 15:06
What I'm tryong no to understand is. If I update and all, sign in etc....will I not be able fly let's say at the current max altitude of 500m that the Dji drones can fly at.

I think you will still be able to, I think this is to address certain isolated areas were DJI is facing liability.
2017-5-19
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Captain
Flight distance : 8330174 ft
  • >>>
Canada

No one says you have to update the Go Apps.  I quit a Go version 3.1.5 because the newer version removed support for the Phantom 4.
2017-5-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules