Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Updates Process For Activating Software And Firmware Updates
59260 573 2017-5-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

DJI Updates Process For Activating Software And Firmware Updates

New Procedure Requires Login After Update; Password Reset Available

http://www.dji.com/newsroom/news ... nd-firmware-updates

DJI will soon introduce a new application activation process for international customers. This new step, to take effect at the end of next week, ensures you will use the correct set of geospatial information and flight functions for your aircraft, as determined by your geographical location and user profile.

Even if you have registered when activating your aircraft upon purchase, you will have to log in once when you update the new version of DJI GO or GO 4 App. If you have forgotten your password since your initial login, you can reset it using a function within the DJI GO and DJI GO 4 apps.

You will need a data connection to the Internet for your smartphone or tablet when you log in, in order to verify the account information and activate the updated software or firmware. If this activation process is not performed, the aircraft will not have access to the correct geospatial information and flight functions for that region, and its operations will be restricted if you update the upcoming firmware: Live camera streaming will be disabled, and flight will be limited to a 50-meter (164-foot) radius up to 30 meters (98 feet) high.

The feature applies to all aircraft (except standalone A3 and N3) that have been upgraded to the latest firmware or when using future versions of the DJI GO and GO 4 apps.

DJI encourages pilots to always follow applicable laws and regulations in the countries where they operate, and provides information about these regulations on its FlySafe website at flysafe.dji.com.

2017-5-19
Use props
Advocate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1076909 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Does this mean new firmwares are incoming?
2017-5-19
Use props
Peo
Captain
Flight distance : 25409177 ft
Sweden

Hmmm. Why?
2017-5-19
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I received my mavic in November of 2016 and after it became fully functional with firmware update.400 I have no need for further updates. When I bought this mavic I didn't count on a life long relationship with DJI. I gave DJI money, I received my mavic now I wish to be left alone...
2017-5-19
Use props
skpManiac
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1092589 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Can you fix the current issues in the app before adding/updating other things please

For the last 6 or 7 updates the App says it does not support my screen size, I have to uninstall, and reinstall the app which also means I lose all my settings so then have to completely set up the software again - this is unacceptable - at least in the interim while you fix the bug allow the app to leave o9ts setting in tact on an uninstall?

I have posted about this and sent crash reports an never got any response :/

You seem to be too busy adding editors etc that no serious enthusiast wants as we do all that on the computer after we have flown!
Listen to your customers for once, please!
2017-5-19
Use props
Elektrica
Captain
Flight distance : 9674836 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Are we looking at upcoming restrictions?
2017-5-19
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Elektrica Posted at 2017-5-19 14:29
Are we looking at upcoming restrictions?

It looks like this update is just a step to ensure GEO is being enforced. If one updates and provides the necessary account info, I don't believe any unnecessary flight restrictions will be put in place.

If this activation process is not performed, the aircraft will not have access to the correct geospatial information and flight functions for that region, and its operations will be restricted if you update the upcoming firmware: Live camera streaming will be disabled, and flight will be limited to a 50-meter (164-foot) radius up to 30 meters (98 feet) high.
2017-5-19
Use props
Elektrica
Captain
Flight distance : 9674836 ft
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-5-19 14:47
It looks like this update is just a step to ensure GEO is being enforced. If one updates and provides the necessary account info, I don't believe any unnecessary flight restrictions will be put in place.

If this activation process is not performed, the aircraft will not have access to the correct geospatial information and flight functions for that region, and its operations will be restricted if you update the upcoming firmware: Live camera streaming will be disabled, and flight will be limited to a 50-meter (164-foot) radius up to 30 meters (98 feet) high.

Good to know! Thanks for the info.
2017-5-19
Use props
geofox784
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1482175 ft
United States

"flight functions for that region"

Ummmm as in restrictions per region? Could flight be limited to 400' in the US?
2017-5-19
Use props
fansf5f0f0fc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3340 ft
France

Hi, I live in France but I fly my Mavic and my P3A not only in France but in other countries (Spain, Italy, Greece, Turkey etc.).
2017-5-19
Use props
fansf5f0f0fc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3340 ft
France

Hi, I live in France but I fly my Mavic and my P3A not only in France but in other countries (Spain, Italy, Greece, Turkey etc.). What means exactly "ensures you will use the correct set of geospatial information and flight functions for your aircraft, as determined by your geographical location and user profile" ? Does it means that if I activate in my present location (France), I will be limited as described if use my drones in other distant locations (i.e. foreign countries) where the geospatial infos are different ? A clear answer would be much appreciated.
2017-5-19
Use props
Mcflying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 243753 ft
Netherlands

So if i understand this right, you loose control over your own drone.

***Hypothetical alert***
Let's say i'm in France,....the south of France.

Bases upon the geospatial information and flight functions for that region, DJI will determine if i can fly or not.
Until now that is not a problem BUT the next step is governments closing airspace for drones.
HOW?
Easy,.....they just send an email to DJI together with a court order.
Case and hobby closed.

I think my tweaked Phantom 2 is gonna be a gem for the near future.
2017-5-19
Use props
Time2Party
Captain
Flight distance : 169314 ft
Belgium

I use a cellphone only for the remote (nothing else and no card inside)
So I just put it in flight mode so it cannot update and stay by the software and firmware I have.
No need for update’s.
2017-5-20
Use props
Antonio76
Captain
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

DJI Joe,  "as determined by your geographical location and user profile." I suppose that the "geographical location" is where the drone is actually flying, per GPS data.  What exactly is meant by "user profile" ?
2017-5-20
Use props
Moh654
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1555 ft
Netherlands

skpManiac Posted at 2017-5-19 14:07
Can you fix the current issues in the app before adding/updating other things please

For the last 6 or 7 updates the App says it does not support my screen size, I have to uninstall, and reinstall the app which also means I lose all my settings so then have to completely set up the software again - this is unacceptable - at least in the interim while you fix the bug allow the app to leave o9ts setting in tact on an uninstall?

Yes it better to solve the issue software problems first then do your thing
http://Ja
IMG_3115.PNG
2017-5-20
Use props
skpManiac
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

Moh654 Posted at 2017-5-20 00:33
Yes it better to solve the issue software problems first then do your thing
Ja

I dont know why they don't make it default to SD card, its just a stupid issue that their devs could fix easily if they cared
2017-5-20
Use props
Moh654
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1555 ft
Netherlands

I have new phantom 4pro I have reserved  aircraft number 2 with the same issues I'm waiting for 3 months the still can't help my or gev my answer
IMG_3082.PNG
2017-5-20
Use props
The Droninator
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5538 ft
Germany

RE: DJI Updates Process For Activating Software And Firmware Updates

skpManiac Posted at 2017-5-19 14:07

Word!
2017-5-20
Use props
skpManiac
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Moh654 Posted at 2017-5-20 00:42
I have new phantom 4pro I have reserved  aircraft number 2 with the same issues I'm waiting for 3 months the still can't help my or gev my answer

That's really bad, all that money and you cannot use it - As soon as a competitor comes up, DJI will disappear, simply because of their lack of software support, its quite sad!
2017-5-20
Use props
Dirk52
First Officer
Flight distance : 232995 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Is it correct that you can only use the new Go App when connected to the Internet?  No offline mode? IMG_6165.PNG
2017-5-20
Use props
Mallettron
lvl.4
Flight distance : 82641 ft
United Kingdom

So if i dont connect to the internet, so i dont update, i will be able to carry on as normal

Turning of wifi and cellular then

Bring it on
2017-5-20
Use props
Mallettron
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Or use Litchi?
2017-5-20
Use props
The Droninator
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5538 ft
Germany

Good plan dude!
At least Litchi is already stable in contrast to DJI GO4  
2017-5-20
Use props
Time2Party
Captain
Flight distance : 169314 ft
Belgium

Mallettron Posted at 2017-5-20 01:46
So if i dont connect to the internet, so i dont update, i will be able to carry on as normal

Turning of wifi and cellular then

Like I say here before, use a phone only for your DJI and put it in flight mode.
This is working fine.
2017-5-20
Use props
Antonio76
Captain
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

Dirk52 Posted at 2017-5-20 01:42
Is it correct that you can only use the new Go App when connected to the Internet?  No offline mode?[view_image]

It just says to stay connected after the update in order to complete the login process, When you have completed the login you can use the App normally (offline)…

From the original post of this thread by DJI Joe:

"Even if you have registered when activating your aircraft upon purchase, you will have to log in once when you update the new version of DJI GO or GO 4 App. If you have forgotten your password since your initial login, you can reset it using a function within the DJI GO and DJI GO 4 apps.

You will need a data connection to the Internet for your smartphone or tablet when you log in, in order to verify the account information and activate the updated software or firmware
. If this activation process is not performed, the aircraft will not have access to the correct geospatial information and flight functions for that region, and its operations will be restricted if you update the upcoming firmware: Live camera streaming will be disabled, and flight will be limited to a 50-meter (164-foot) radius up to 30 meters (98 feet) high."
2017-5-20
Use props
Dirk52
First Officer
Flight distance : 232995 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-5-20 02:35
It just says to stay connected after the update in order to complete the login process, When you have completed the login you can use the App normally (offline)…

From the original post of this thread by DJI Joe:

Hoping you are right.
2017-5-20
Use props
MW2005
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7185 ft
Austria

@DJI Joe "It looks like this update is just a step to ensure GEO is being enforced. If one updates and provides the necessary account info, I don't believe any unnecessary flight restrictions will be put in place. "

WOW so much BS in 2 sentence impressive,...

GEO being enforced,... thats just incapacitation all Pilots who fly a DJI product.
Its not DJI call to make, when or how it is necessary or not,....

FAKT is : DJI GEO makes massive problem's just check out all the different RC Forums out there,...
People can't fly on open place cause DJI is to dump to put the right information on there GEO Server.
Now think what chaos there will be if the have to put the information for 195 Countries each with is own Civil / Military Flight Regulation on a Server and keep that up to date,...

I bought the Drone to fly where and how i want, and not having DJI tell me what to too,....if i break a rule its my own responsible and decision to too so.

2017-5-20
Use props
Mallettron
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I would be happier if they concentrated on getting the NFZ correct (there was a small airport near me that is no more, no runway as there are buildings on it now, but all apps show it as still there)
Also if they put local restrictions on height, they had better get it right in the UK as BMFA / FPV UK members have a  CAA exemption that they can fly up to 1000ft with a spotter
The system that was in place worked, dont mess with it please
2017-5-20
Use props
fans8f6a669a
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2144767 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Im worried regarding the TX Power, and the celing being lowered, the BMFA have already emailed me to confirm its 1000ft .

Im happy for this update as long as the TX power isnt reduced and my quads perform as they do today and that my celing isnt set to 400ft (I hardly ever go over 200-400 but sometimes there is a genine NEED)
2017-5-20
Use props
Dmitry495
lvl.4
Flight distance : 791194 ft
Russia

DJI, I think that what you are trying to enforce has no logic behind. Flights have to comply with the LOCAL regulations and NOT WITH GEOSPATIAL COORDINATES OF THE PLACE WHERE USRE'S PROFILE IS REGISTERED. We all bought your drones to fly wherever we like
2017-5-20
Use props
Dmitry495
lvl.4
Flight distance : 791194 ft
Russia

See what is going on...  Logged in under my profile for this forum and it shows that I'm in Romania. But I'm not!!!!
2017-5-20
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dmitry495 Posted at 2017-5-20 05:23
See what is going on...  Logged in under my profile for this forum and it shows that I'm in Romania. But I'm not!!!!

Lol, I live in New York, when ever DJI sends me an e-mail it's in Chinese. This new activation process should go smoothly? Not!!
2017-5-20
Use props
1-2-Hak
lvl.2
Flight distance : 553930 ft
United States

If I had a stable firmware for NFZ and stable app, I don't think it would be an issue. But unfortunately it doesn't exist yet.
2017-5-20
Use props
fans3320899e
New
Flight distance : 11371 ft
France

Are you serious Mister DJI ?
2017-5-20
Use props
IndyDroneLLC
lvl.1
Flight distance : 345938 ft
United States

OK DJI Support: Last week I purchased a used Inspire 1 black edition. It obviously was registered to a different user in DJI Go. How will I log in to meet your requirements given that I will not have their login info?  

Follow up question: The aircraft is still under transferrable warranty period. How do I get this in my name?
2017-5-20
Use props
Draiter
lvl.3
Flight distance : 39852 ft

Canada

Big brother...gonna tell me what I can do with my drone.
2017-5-20
Use props
JustinVV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 783320 ft
Australia

If I get any restrictions greater than what I had when I bought it, I will be returning it for a full refund. Consumer Law will provide that avenue. So next week I might have a new Hobby. Probably pick up a Sony 6500 for my next trip.
2017-5-20
Use props
starcruiser136
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1006089 ft
Austria

For DJI  !!!
Make good aircrafts, firm- and software and perfect updates !! - this is DJIs work

BUT DONT MAKE LAW AND RULES !!!! - this is government work
2017-5-20
Use props
fansc15dc5fd
lvl.2
United States

Well, then I want my money back.
Your software updates are only getting worse each time.
2017-5-20
Use props
Buressy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1083953 ft
  • >>>
France

I need urgent help here. I am currently staying in France. At the end of next week I am leaving with the Mavic for an expedition in Northen Arctic Canada. I will not have internet connections while in this expedition.  What will happen to me. Will I be able to fly if I am not able to make the update?
2017-5-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules