Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Geotagged Images
10915 8 2017-5-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
patria
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34826 ft
United States

I've searched around a little and haven't seen anything specific for the P3 standard. I'm starting a thesis topic where I am incorporating my drone doing some surf zone anlysis. I've been looking around about how to pull the GPS data from the images. Does the standard record this? I've looked at the exif data and get all the camera settings, even a date/time group but nothing for GPS. Sometimes I'll have maps pop up (using a Mac) and it drops a pin where the shots were taken but I can't get a lat lon out of it. I've tried using a third party software to look at the metadata and also photoshop and none of it is displaying GPS data. Am I doing something wrong? Appreciate and feedback and insight.
2017-5-19
Use props
Labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Look a little further.  Exif info for all images taken with a DJI camera contain GPS location.  If you are looking in Photoshop, the 4th tab from the left is GPS Data.
2017-5-19
Use props
WIMO
lvl.3
Netherlands

you can find the gps data by clicking at the left top to your profile and than swipe "loading flightplans" up
2017-5-19
Use props
WIMO
lvl.3
Netherlands

there are also the gps coordinates when you play a flight
2017-5-19
Use props
patria
lvl.1
United States

Copy on where to look for photoshop and through the app. I've tried that tab in photoshop and nothing pops up. I'm going to be putting these images into MATLAP and then rectifying them. We are going to be using some GCPs as well but I'd like to compare.

Hopefully these show up, but this is what I'm seeing. I'm assuming that there is some tag in there somewhere because a pin shows up on the maps version but I'm still trying to figure out how to see the lat lon for each image. I'm sure once I run it through MATLAB it will pull it somehow, just wanted to get the warm and fuzzy before I start down this long road.
2017-5-20
Use props
Peterx
Captain
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Do you take photos only to analysis or do you make clips too? The cam also generates a srt file parallel to the clip file. In that file are all data as GPS coordinates  and barometer
In pictures in don´t know where the data is stored.
2017-5-21
Use props
Labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

patria Posted at 2017-5-20 10:07
Copy on where to look for photoshop and through the app. I've tried that tab in photoshop and nothing pops up. I'm going to be putting these images into MATLAP and then rectifying them. We are going to be using some GCPs as well but I'd like to compare.
[view_image]https://photos-6.dropbox.com/t/2/AABS2K0Kr_5VsRjpFRVvmKbl0LdruIW43BFnW4dli_ZYjw/12/396175515/jpeg/32x32/1/_/1/2/Image%20in%20Photoshop.tiff/EMXj5tsEGDIgAigC/z6EmtI2Xy-wB1hGVD1cv_prjXxd6ufffzUSr8n2WhEg?size=2048x1536&size_mode=3[/img]
[view_image]

You said that you've looked in the Exif info.
Look again and you should see something like this.
The display of Exif info has a tab that's labelled GPS Data - look at that.
It's saved for every photo you take and mapping and photogrammetry programs use this all the time.
Exif info.jpg
2017-5-21
Use props
patria
lvl.1
United States

Revisiting this in case anyone has the same issue in the future. I figured out that when I moved the pictures out of Photos (using a Macbook) it strips the location data. Any copied photo no longer had the GPS data associated with it. So you can go into preferences and there should be a box to check that says include location data when publishing. After doing this any picture that I took out of Photos saved the location data and I was able to look at the GPS.
2017-11-6
Use props
sky wombat
Captain
Flight distance : 1444049 ft
  • >>>
Australia

FWIW if you look at your DJI Go app & go to your flight lists, the playback gives coordinates as you replay the flight route.
In the past I have exported a Kml file from Airdata to Google Earth and used that. As with most things depends on how accurate you wish to be.
2017-11-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules