Can't take off no fly zone, how do I unlock?
151122 85968 2017-5-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drone_Guy
lvl.1
United States

So I had a phantom for pro that I ranted about a month ago and I was able to unlock the zone by my house in fact it prompted me to and then I was able to fly. Now I decided to purchase a phantom 4 pro  and it will not let me take off if I power the drone off and then back on it will give me the green light to go but while I start to take off it goes into  return to home and then lands immediately. How do I unlock this? As I've said I've done this in the past with the phantom 4 pro.
2017-5-19
Use props
pasaytenpete
lvl.3
Flight distance : 47346 ft
United States

It depends on what type of restricted zone you are located in.  It is explained here...   http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system
2017-5-19
Use props
Drone_Guy
lvl.1
United States

It unlocked last time. About 45 days ago with the same model drone. Phantom 4 pro. So what could have changed?
2017-5-19
Use props
pasaytenpete
lvl.3
United States

Maybe the restriction level changed?   What color/level restriction is it?
2017-5-19
Use props
Drone_Guy
lvl.1
United States

Im in the edge of a yellow circle. there is a small airport a private one by my house which has 2 small red circles but I am nowhere near that, Im at least 3 miles away from those. The yellow circle I should be able to unlock right?
2017-5-19
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Drone_Guy Posted at 2017-5-19 17:38
It unlocked last time. About 45 days ago with the same model drone. Phantom 4 pro. So what could have changed?

As I understand it, the unlocking is not permanent, it only last a few days and you have to do it again.
2017-5-19
Use props
pasaytenpete
lvl.3
United States

Yellow:
Authorization Zone. In these Zones, which appear yellow in the DJI GO map, users will be prompted with a warning and flight is limited by default. Authorization Zones may be unlocked by authorized users using a DJI verified account.

http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system/unlock

2017-5-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Drone_Guy Posted at 2017-5-19 19:56
Im in the edge of a yellow circle. there is a small airport a private one by my house which has 2 small red circles but I am nowhere near that, Im at least 3 miles away from those. The yellow circle I should be able to unlock right?

After you verify your account you can unlock the yellow zone. It's the red zones that only DJI can unlock for you after you have all the permissions.
2017-5-19
Use props
Drone_Guy
lvl.1
United States

My account has been verified for several months maybe I have to reverify? I'm not sure is it working the last Phantom. But now it's not so do I have to reverify again?
2017-5-20
Use props
Dav 0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 277585 ft
United Kingdom

Am I the only person the works for? I have a quick chat with ATC tower, turn off geo system and the I literally take off right next to an airstrip.
IMG_2348.PNG
2017-5-20
Use props
Dav 0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 277585 ft
United Kingdom

*Am I the only person 'this' works for?
2017-5-20
Use props
Drone_Guy
lvl.1
United States

Dav that's perfect! It used to ask automatically to turn that off now it's in the menu. I'm good to go now!  Basically my understanding is when turning the Geo system on if you get no warning about take off then you're legally allowed to fly there where as if you have to turn the Geo system off in order to fly exercise caution and make sure you're far enough away from the red zones.
2017-5-20
Use props
richardseguro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 266053 ft
  • >>>
Puerto Rico

Where is this Geo System unlocking? I have looked in general settings in my P4 and P3 Pro butbit's not there?
1496281214628-2079759207.jpg
2017-5-31
Use props
Jeepster
lvl.1
United States

Not sure about the P4 but the latest firmware (800) for the Mavic Pro removed this feature. It could be the same with the P4 which would explain why the difference between the older P4 and the new P4.
2017-6-16
Use props
Jeepster
lvl.1
United States

Correction.... it wasn't the latest firmware, it was the latest version of the DJI-Go application (4.1.2) that removed this feature.
2017-6-16
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

Jeepster Posted at 2017-6-16 10:06
Correction.... it wasn't the latest firmware, it was the latest version of the DJI-Go application (4.1.2) that removed this feature.

It looks like they are slowly removing features without saying anything about it... recently it was the possibility to turn off the Smart RTH based on battery level, now the ability to turn off the No Fly Zones... Not sure I like the way they are acting.
2017-6-16
Use props
Hotrawd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 161 ft
United States

Hello. I wonder if this is the new regulation.
2017-7-7
Use props
Hotrawd
lvl.1
United States

So I live about a mile from a hospital which puts me at the edge of a yellow zone. I started having this 50 foot restriction proplem. I noticed it first when at north Myrtle beach. Some point after I had started recording, it started limiting my height and distance. Wasn't able to get out over the water at all. I thought it was because I was at the edge of the ocean. Now that I am back home, I cannot even make it to the edge of my three acre property. DJI says right on the app that this authorization can be turned off by registered users but doesn't tell you how. Can anyone tell me how to remove the latest update? Otherwise, if I am going to be restricted to flying around at a distance less than what my Syma plastic toy can do, I will be selling this overpriced paperweight. (P4P+)
2017-7-7
Use props
Hotrawd
lvl.1
United States

Okay. I think this is it. Can't verify until tomorrow since it is illegal to fly at night. I have a P4P+ so it looks like you go onto your DJI app on your phone and submit an application for NFZ authorization in the yellow zone and give them your phone number and agree to all liabilities and promise not to sue. Then you can have the ability to fly as normal for a whole three days. In reading the notes, this permission may be changed or revoked in the future. It kinda feels like I'm renting this thing. I wish I new this a couple days ago. I might have gotten better pictures at the beach.
SunriseJulyBeachMyrtle.jpg
2017-7-7
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hotrawd Posted at 2017-7-7 22:59
Okay. I think this is it. Can't verify until tomorrow since it is illegal to fly at night. I have a P4P+ so it looks like you go onto your DJI app on your phone and submit an application for NFZ authorization in the yellow zone and give them your phone number and agree to all liabilities and promise not to sue. Then you can have the ability to fly as normal for a whole three days. In reading the notes, this permission may be changed or revoked in the future. It kinda feels like I'm renting this thing. I wish I new this a couple days ago. I might have gotten better pictures at the beach.

The next step is a Co-Pilot
2017-7-8
Use props
fansd39b2fa0
New
United States

how to use Planer
2017-8-9
Use props
fansfcc63316
New
Flight distance : 5801 ft
Australia

I'm not sure where you guys are from, but I'm from Australia. I live on the east coast.
I use to be able to fly my magic in my own yard. But now all it does is the motors turn on for a couple of seconds and then turns off.
So our restrictions out here are getting pretty strict too.
2017-9-5
Use props
fansfcc63316
New
Flight distance : 5801 ft
Australia

I know it may seem like a waste to most of you guys, but I have a Katana, it's a handle that goes around the Mavic. I'll be using that a fair bit now.

2017-9-5
Use props
MrRobert5823
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1385223 ft
United States

Drone_Guy Posted at 2017-5-20 09:16
My account has been verified for several months maybe I have to reverify? I'm not sure is it working the last Phantom. But now it's not so do I have to reverify again?

I have to re-verify every few weeks.  It's a pain.... it's a surprise, but it happens.  I wish it would make me verify BEFORE I was in the air.... but the moment I take off THEN the annoying screen pops up and asks me to verify.  I simply check the boxes, and approve it, but it was very time consuming the first time.  
2017-9-6
Use props
djiuser_rvgktRQ
New
Flight distance : 135856 ft
United States

Im in a green zone, and i canot fly. What can I do?
2017-9-17
Use props
dougramstad
New
United States

You need to go through the procedure again and submit your new flight controller SN. After you receive your approved results for Individual Unlocking Application, then  Install the latest DJI GO app and click "General Setting" to get the "Unlock“ option. Then click " synchronize unlock information" and enable the unlocking.   1.        Upgrade the drone and controller's firmware to the latest one. (Note: Please contact flysafe@dji.com for the firmwares if you use Phantom 3 Standard. IMPORTANT: For Mavic Pro, please do not upgrade its firmware to V01.03.0500, Phantom4 Pro not to 01.03.0417 and Inspire2 not to 01.00.0240. Because these firmware do not support unlock Restricted Zones and need to wait for next firmware.); 2.        Use the latest DJI Go App.(Note: DJI Go 3 Android does not support the unlock function.) 3.        When you unlock an area for the first time, make sure the mobile device has Internet connection.  4.        Connect to the drone. Use the email account for applying the unlock license to login DJI Go, enter DJI GO App-Camera-General Setting-Unlock, click " synchronize unlock information" to obtain the unlock licenses and enable the unlocking by sliding the corresponding switch. 5.        A green zone will appear for the unlocked area where you can fly the drone. You can not fly the drone out of the green zone. 6.        After enabling the unlocking, you will only be able to fly in the unlocked areas. You can disable the unlocking by sliding the switch. 7.        If you are using DJI Go iOS App, you need to be in the unlocked areas for enabling the unlocking. If you are using DJI Go 4 App for Phantom 4, Phantom 4 Pro, Mavic Pro, Inspire 2, you do not need to be in the unlocked areas for enabling the unlocking. 8.        Make sure the mobile device has Internet connection.
2017-9-22
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

Drone_Guy Posted at 2017-5-19 19:56

Yes you can unlock a yellow circle.  Doing so by GO 4 App it will only last 24 hours.  Doing so on the DJI website will do so for 72 hours.  The website will explain what you have to do.
2017-9-22
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
United States

Dav 0 Posted at 2017-5-20 10:05
Am I the only person the works for? I have a quick chat with ATC tower, turn off geo system and the I literally take off right next to an airstrip.

Yes count yourself lucky, that must be an older version of GO 4 as the current one does not have that option.
2017-9-22
Use props
BagoDJIoperator
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
United States

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-9-22 15:45
Yes count yourself lucky, that must be an older version of GO 4 as the current one does not have that option.

Dumb me was looking for that option and didnt see it lol
2017-9-22
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
United States

BagoDJIoperator Posted at 2017-9-22 15:58
Dumb me was looking for that option and didnt see it lol

Not dumb, just have to realize that many folks have and use older versions of apps and FW.  Which is why it leads to confusion about things like this at times as even they forget that everyone does not have the same thing as them.  This is why it is always nice and helpful if everyone IDs what version they are using when relating to subjects, problems, and updates.
Don't sweat it...
2017-9-22
Use props
BagoDJIoperator
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
United States

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-9-22 16:07
Not dumb, just have to realize that many folks have and use older versions of apps and FW.  Which is why it leads to confusion about things like this at times as even they forget that everyone does not have the same thing as them.  This is why it is always nice and helpful if everyone IDs what version they are using when relating to subjects, problems, and updates.
Don't sweat it...

Yea Im not.
2017-9-22
Use props
Tommy Newcomb
New

United States

I was researching these things and after reading all the BS restrictions... methinks it's not worth it.
Why spend $1500 for a piece of plastic that doesn't turn on.
If you look at any map there are airports pretty much dotted across the map, then expand out it covers everything.  I would advise SELL of DJI stock.
2017-11-5
Use props
Towlie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 597795 ft
United States

I'm buying a new house which is located within 5 miles of Denver International Airport although it's near the edge of that boundary.  All I wanted to do was to take my drone no more than 50 feet in the air to inspect the roof but DJI's baby sitting service made my drone no more than a brick.  Meanwhile there are huge flocks of geese flying at around 400 feet above me in the air.  This isn't right what DJI is doing to its customers.  There needs to be some sort of recourse we should be able to take against this company.  They continually cripple the product we bought and we don't have any say in it.
2017-11-20
Use props
DeputyDawgAtl
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1507073 ft
United States

I am planning a boating/fishing trip to an area in FL that has a yellow authorization circle (I suspect since it is a state park/wildlife area).

I won't be in the park or wildlife area but out in the water.  So I know I can unlock - either then or proactiely.

My question is:  On the DJI page it shows 3 steps.  Step #2 is "verify with credit card/phone #"      is there a cost to unlock if so what is that cost?

Thanks
2018-1-25
Use props
MediaByMarc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 130423 ft
United States

DeputyDawgAtl Posted at 2018-1-25 07:15
I am planning a boating/fishing trip to an area in FL that has a yellow authorization circle (I suspect since it is a state park/wildlife area).

I won't be in the park or wildlife area but out in the water.  So I know I can unlock - either then or proactiely.

No cost, I guess they need to verify it's you requesting the unlock.
2018-1-25
Use props
DeputyDawgAtl
lvl.3
United States

Thanks I guess the instructions that say provide credit card/phone number threw me off.

If I know i'm going for 2 maybe 3 days, probably best to do it on the web page which is good for 72 hours vs. Go app which is 24
2018-1-25
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

DeputyDawgAtl Posted at 2018-1-25 14:53
Thanks I guess the instructions that say provide credit card/phone number threw me off.

If I know i'm going for 2 maybe 3 days, probably best to do it on the web page which is good for 72 hours vs. Go app which is 24

Just select Phone, enter your phone number and FlySafe will text you a token, enter the token # in the popup window on DJI's site and you should be good to go for 72 hours.
2018-1-25
Use props
DeputyDawgAtl
lvl.3
United States

Thanks all
2018-1-26
Use props
fans435576ad
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1294334 ft
United States

I have sent all of my information, and even more so, maps and screen shots to the DJI fly safe team and they have not issued me a unlock code to launch on the very edge of a red zone.  They have more than enough information plus a letter from the airport manager from the airport right next to a road course track that I’m supposed to film at tomorrow.  The FAA arcgis “visualize it” map shows that the airspace is not restricted.  Only DJI calls it restricted.  I have been at this all week long and they will not respond.

I have all of the proper and necessary documents and requirements to fly at this race track. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to get my drone(s) to fly tomorrow and Sunday?  Drones: P4P, I2
2018-2-2
Use props
fans284b05c6
New

United States

We should start a class A lawsuit against DJI. I'll talk to my attorney
2018-2-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules