Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Issues with connection
2067 34 2017-5-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rblb2009
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13379 ft
United States

I'm having issues connecting to my Phantom 3 standard I can fly it manually without video or anything when I turn it on the Phantomxxxxxx Wi-Fi never pops up doesn't matter what phone or tablet I try remote As a solid red light and the Phantom itself has two red lights and 4 short blinking green followed by two slightly longer Reds never had any issues with it until today not sure what's going on searched everywhere can't find anything with the issues that I'm having I've tried real inking the remote I'll try to bunch of stuff that I've seen on the internet and nothing seems to work
2017-5-19
Use props
WIMO
lvl.3
Netherlands

you can set your drone to factory defaults with the S2 switch
2017-5-19
Use props
Ambro
lvl.1

Australia

Hi im also having an issue with connection, when i connect my P3 to my iPhone 5 wifi to use the Go app i get an orange message ( No internet connection) and theres a ! symbol through the wifi symbol, is this normal ?
2017-5-19
Use props
rblb2009
lvl.1
United States

WIMO Posted at 2017-5-19 22:55
you can set your drone to factory defaults with the S2 switch

Ive tried it multiple times with no success
2017-5-20
Use props
rblb2009
lvl.1
United States

Ambro Posted at 2017-5-19 23:26
Hi im also having an issue with connection, when i connect my P3 to my iPhone 5 wifi to use the Go app i get an orange message ( No internet connection) and theres a ! symbol through the wifi symbol, is this normal ?

Different issue then me, i cannot connect to my p3 wifi at all
2017-5-20
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

That is normal , since this WiFi do not provide Internet access.
2017-5-20
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

Like WIMO mentioned, have you try to reset the WiFi setting? If yes, how is it going?
2.jpg
2017-5-20
Use props
WIMO
lvl.3
Netherlands

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-5-20 03:27
Like WIMO mentioned, have you try to reset the WiFi setting? If yes, how is it going?

you also can use a argtek when this doesn't work.
I don't recommend using argtek because you lose warranty , but when you don't have that anymore it isn't a problem
2017-5-20
Use props
WIMO
lvl.3
Netherlands

I don't know how this come, but I know that the p3s is not made for iphone 5, but it works on it.
I am also using iphone 5 for the p3s. maybe you can use a tablet when you have that
2017-5-20
Use props
WIMO
lvl.3
Netherlands

WIMO Posted at 2017-5-20 05:08
I don't know how this come, but I know that the p3s is not made for iphone 5, but it works on it.
I am also using iphone 5 for the p3s. maybe you can use a tablet when you have that

and test it with the tablet
2017-5-20
Use props
fansb7df745f
New

United States

I am using a Motorola Z Force cell phone and I can connect to the wifi but the dji app says I need a USB connection.  Also the app shows a different remote than the one  I got with my P3s. Is this true do I need a USB cable connection?
2017-5-20
Use props
Oldsailor80
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19498 ft
United States

Different but similar problem. I am a rank beginner trying to upgrade the firmware in my P3S. I can connect to the Phantom WIFI  although my Nexus 6 phone does not like the fact there is no internet and either the phone will not stay connected long enough to complete the upgrade or there is a fault in the P3S. I don't know which or how to get around it.
2017-5-20
Use props
HARLEYSCOTTE
lvl.1
Flight distance : 53747 ft
United States

Oldsailor80 Posted at 2017-5-20 08:04
Different but similar problem. I am a rank beginner trying to upgrade the firmware in my P3S. I can connect to the Phantom WIFI  although my Nexus 6 phone does not like the fact there is no internet and either the phone will not stay connected long enough to complete the upgrade or there is a fault in the P3S. I don't know which or how to get around it.

I called DJI and they walked me though the upgrade you might be on hold for awhile but worth it
2017-5-20
Use props
HARLEYSCOTTE
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-5-20 03:23
That is normal , since this WiFi do not provide Internet access.

Thanks I have the same problem but everything seems to work -- in DJI GO ?  When I select Video downlink it dose not show anything like password or internet name should I put in the name & password ?
2017-5-20
Use props
HARLEYSCOTTE
lvl.1
United States

and test it with the tablet

Fixed mine - which said no internet connection when I select Phantom 3  You might want to try to open DJI GO with your internet connection then click on camera then leave - then turn on your controller the P3 then change internet settings to your P3     
After doing this my conn. showed up under video downlink & now have maps everything works no problems
2017-5-20
Use props
fans6c256f7f
New
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-5-20 03:27

I've also tried resetting the wi-fi using the S2 method with no success.  What else can be done to reset?
2017-5-20
Use props
Oldsailor80
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19498 ft
United States

Well, I switched to my old Note 2 phone with a much older version of Android and I was able to update and get airborne.
2017-5-20
Use props
WIMO
lvl.3
Netherlands

fans6c256f7f Posted at 2017-5-20 10:10
I've also tried resetting the wi-fi using the S2 method with no success.  What else can be done to reset?

you can install an argtek.
you can buy them on amazon.
it's an thing that let you use 10 dbi antennas (needed antennas included).
you dont need soldering.
2017-5-21
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

Have you tried other mobile devices? Here is a Tutorial video for your reference.
2017-5-22
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

fans6c256f7f Posted at 2017-5-20 10:10

Did you hear the long beep?  Check whether the status indicator is red and green alternately if resetting is in progress.
2017-5-22
Use props
Peterx
Captain
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

If you switch between the home WIFI and the P3S´s WIFI via your phone for upgrade then you don´t need the cellular down link.
2017-5-24
Use props
rblb2009
lvl.1
United States

I'm not getting anything on this, I've tried resetting the Wi-Fi and the remote doesn't do anything besides blink red after turning the gimble all the way right and hold and switching s2 no beeps nothing jist blinks. I've connected my phone to the cord and still nothing.  I've tried a few phones, iPhone 6 plus, Samsung galaxy s7 edge and also my Samsung tablet all getting the same issue the phantom wifi just doesn't show up at all
2017-6-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

rblb2009 Posted at 2017-6-2 16:10
I'm not getting anything on this, I've tried resetting the Wi-Fi and the remote doesn't do anything besides blink red after turning the gimble all the way right and hold and switching s2 no beeps nothing jist blinks. I've connected my phone to the cord and still nothing.  I've tried a few phones, iPhone 6 plus, Samsung galaxy s7 edge and also my Samsung tablet all getting the same issue the phantom wifi just doesn't show up at all

If the WiFi signal will not show up on any device, then it's a hardware issue with the drone's WiFi module that would require sending it in for service.
2017-6-2
Use props
Peterx
Captain
Germany

How came it?? The P3S is not made to provide any internet spot. ...but is used by many iPhone 5  users want to fly and take photos and make clips from above.
2017-6-3
Use props
fansb89bde05
New
United States

Ipone 6s "disconnected" cant see out the camera ! tryed all the fixes and all this only after the update what a peice of S$#?
2017-6-8
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

fansb7df745f Posted at 2017-5-20 07:26
I am using a Motorola Z Force cell phone and I can connect to the wifi but the dji app says I need a USB connection.  Also the app shows a different remote than the one  I got with my P3s. Is this true do I need a USB cable connection?

Do you have the correct GO app loaded ?

For the P3S and 4K ... you need the "DJI GO app before 4" version ... there are two on the Play Store site ... one is for US ... other is for the P4 and others !!

Nigel
2017-6-8
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Latvia

WIMO Posted at 2017-5-21 10:19
you can install an argtek.
you can buy them on amazon.
it's an thing that let you use 10 dbi antennas (needed antennas included).

Why do you keep on saying install Argtek when it has nothing to do with the problem at all ...

Nigel
2017-6-8
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Latvia

I know this is old hat for many ... but you would be surprised how many I see get it wrong.

Start up regime (this is mine and it WORKS) and is based on standard RC good safe practice.

1. Switch on Transmitter, make sure BOTH switches are fully UP (S1 and S2) .... DJI call it Controller or RC
2. Switch on model by double press of battery .... DJI call it Drone or AC
3. Switch on Tablet / Phone
4. When tablet / phone has started - go to Settings and choose Phantom WiFi ... if not showing - then REFRESH ...
5. Start screen recorder if you use one ... I use DU Recorder.
6. Start GO or Litchi as your choice.
7. Let the NO INTERNET CONNECTION fade away as its unnecessary warning anyway

We should have Green light on Controller ... Green LED on AC .... video showing on tablet .....

When we get P-GPS or SAFE TO FLY .... away we go ...

I know ... we all know this ....

Nigel
2017-6-8
Use props
WIMO
lvl.3
Netherlands

solentlife Posted at 2017-6-8 05:52
Why do you keep on saying install Argtek when it has nothing to do with the problem at all ...

Nigel

ive only said it once. don't exaggerate, please
2017-6-17
Use props
Michgolden
First Officer
Flight distance : 822851 ft
United States

Post #8 and #18. But anyway, the Argtek is a good system but unfortunately won't help you with the initial connection process to get airborne, just with range extension. Correct though on the voiding warranty and the no soldering, when installed.
2017-6-17
Use props
fanse0683cd8
New
Flight distance : 96667 ft
United States

did you install the lastest update?
2017-6-19
Use props
Peterx
Captain
Germany

Did any one said the phone has to be in airplane mode yet?
2017-6-20
Use props
timnwcove
lvl.4
Flight distance : 87428 ft
Canada

Peterx Posted at 2017-6-20 02:30
Did any one said the phone has to be in airplane mode yet?

phone doesnt have to be in airplane mode, not my ios devices anyway.  airplane mode only frees up device resources for the go app .  if in airplane mode, the user will have to turn wifi back on tho.
2017-6-20
Use props
Michgolden
First Officer
Flight distance : 822851 ft
United States

Another point about Airplane Mode, if you're using a cellular tablet, or obviously a cell phone then it also keeps your device from receiving calls, emails, etc. while you're flying.
2017-6-20
Use props
Peterx
Captain
Germany

....and prevents you that the Go app crashes in the mid air,after you received a call.
2017-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules