What is the Inspire 2 minimal gear requirement.
2248 31 2017-5-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Draghici Alex
lvl.1

Romania

Hello everibody, i`m new in this drone thing but i have the money and i want to evolve from ground filming and go into aerial filming too. I want to buy a Inspire 2 but i realised that the basic package of 6800 dollars or something like that does not really gives you what you need. I want to ask you people if you can help me with a list of every specific item i need to fly my inspire 2 optimally or  at it`s best, and by that i mean what and how many chargers, batterie`s,  cinessd`s ( and how many gb ) ( also can you put any other ssd except the ones from Dji? ), what remote, best gimbal, if the crystalsky is worth or i should think about something else, what cabbles and everithing else.
Bassically i want a list starting from scratch, just the inspire 2 drone at 2,999 dollars and then add over every other gadget and gear i need and maybe it`s price too. Thanks in advance and sorry for my really bad english.

2017-5-20
Use props
Dobmatt
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I'm willing to prepare such list for you, but how are you going to pay for this job? Cash is OK.
2017-5-20
Use props
snath
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5045295 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you are a holiest like me, you don't need all the bells and whistle while you learn. The basic aircraft comes with everything you need, even the microSD card (16GB). If you're flying commercially, you need all the other bells and whistle, my 2 cents
2017-5-20
Use props
snath
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5045295 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you are a hobbiest like me, you don't need all the bells and whistle while you learn. The basic aircraft comes with everything you need, even the microSD card (16GB). If you're flying commercially, you need all the other bells and whistle, my 2 cents
2017-5-20
Use props
Draghici Alex
lvl.1

Romania

Dobmatt Posted at 2017-5-20 18:04
I'm willing to prepare such list for you, but how are you going to pay for this job? Cash is OK.

I don`t live in Canada so i don`t think i can pay in you cash. I just want some tips, did not thought people want money for a short list, my total budget for the drone is around 10-12 k euro.
2017-5-21
Use props
Draghici Alex
lvl.1

Romania

snath Posted at 2017-5-20 18:48
If you are a hobbiest like me, you don't need all the bells and whistle while you learn. The basic aircraft comes with everything you need, even the microSD card (16GB). If you're flying commercially, you need all the other bells and whistle, my 2 cents

I`m not even a hobbiest atm, i never had a drone before but i want to launch my self in the recording business and i want to go in the semi-pro/proffesional category and this drone, from what i have seen, can really help me.Unfortunately after 1-2 hours in the dji shop i realised i don`t  know what i really need to buy to make it good. I was thinking about 2 cinessd 480, 4 bateryes, and the rest i really don`t know, the shop is made in a weird way for a new comer to understand what each product actually contains or what it actually does.
Thanks for the advice tho, it`s nice to see people willing to help others.
2017-5-21
Use props
skypal
lvl.4
Flight distance : 560256 ft
Germany

Here is my setup as a professional point of view.

Inspire 2
3 pair of batteries

X5S Camera
Olympus 12mm
Olympus 45mm
Laowa 7,5 (coming soon)
ND Filters 32

iPad mini 2 (will be replaced with crystal sky 2000nits soon)

SD card 128GB Samsung Pro
Travel Case

I still thinking about whether I invest in a ProRes license and a SSD Drive. Both are MOFO over priced.

2017-5-21
Use props
Dobmatt
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Draghici Alex Posted at 2017-5-21 01:56
I don`t live in Canada so i don`t think i can pay in you cash. I just want some tips, did not thought people want money for a short list, my total budget for the drone is around 10-12 k euro.

Sincerely apologize for my mistake. I was under impression that you're too busy making money and you don't have time to do research by yourself. Most of us here - professionals and hobbyists - spent countless hours researching the issue of aerial imagery before spending hard-earned $5,000 - 10,000 on purchase.

My advice? For start in this business invest +/_ $1000 on DJI Phantom 3 Pro model and become familiar with basics of flying the drones and recording images. Firstly read the manual front to back, than read again. Do all necessary firmware updates, system calibrations etc. Start practicing flights in baby steps. If your P3P drone survives first 3 hrs of flying intact, you're good to go further. Call/e-mail/chat with DJI sales department, explain your goals in detail and they'll provide you with THE BEST advice on your setup. If you're lucky and smart enough you may run your business successfully for years with Inspire 1 or 2 and Phantom 3 Pro as a backup. Good luck ...
2017-5-21
Use props
Draghici Alex
lvl.1

Romania

Dobmatt Posted at 2017-5-21 09:35
Sincerely apologize for my mistake. I was under impression that you're too busy making money and you don't have time to do research by yourself. Most of us here - professionals and hobbyists - spent countless hours researching the issue of aerial imagery before spending hard-earned $5,000 - 10,000 on purchase.

My advice? For start in this business invest +/_ $1000 on DJI Phantom 3 Pro model and become familiar with basics of flying the drones and recording images. Firstly read the manual front to back, than read again. Do all necessary firmware updates, system calibrations etc. Start practicing flights in baby steps. If your P3P drone survives first 3 hrs of flying intact, you're good to go further. Call/e-mail/chat with DJI sales department, explain your goals in detail and they'll provide you with THE BEST advice on your setup. If you're lucky and smart enough you may run your business successfully for years with Inspire 1 or 2 and Phantom 3 Pro as a backup. Good luck ...

My sincerely apologizes too. I don`t want you to think that i`m not worth of this great technology. I know that i might had sound like a bad guy but believe me, my money are hard worked hard earned over a pretty long period of time. The reason i asked for help is that i don`t want to buy something twice or something i don`t actually need, not that i am to busy to make money. I know it`s a risky big step to go from ground to air but i saw what you can do with a good drone at a meeting and i knew from that moment that the drone technology represents the future. I`m thankful for the advice on buying the dji phantom 3 pro, but that means 1000 dollars less on the investment of the inspire 2, which could mean cinessd or other stuff. I will still check on a friend that has a phantom ( i don`t know the exact model ) and try to learn flying on that one. And thanks for the advice on contacting dji sales department. Overall, thanks for the help and i wish you a great day sir.
2017-5-22
Use props
skypal
lvl.4
Flight distance : 560256 ft
Germany

Draghici Alex Posted at 2017-5-22 01:43
My sincerely apologizes too. I don`t want you to think that i`m not worth of this great technology. I know that i might had sound like a bad guy but believe me, my money are hard worked hard earned over a pretty long period of time. The reason i asked for help is that i don`t want to buy something twice or something i don`t actually need, not that i am to busy to make money. I know it`s a risky big step to go from ground to air but i saw what you can do with a good drone at a meeting and i knew from that moment that the drone technology represents the future. I`m thankful for the advice on buying the dji phantom 3 pro, but that means 1000 dollars less on the investment of the inspire 2, which could mean cinessd or other stuff. I will still check on a friend that has a phantom ( i don`t know the exact model ) and try to learn flying on that one. And thanks for the advice on contacting dji sales department. Overall, thanks for the help and i wish you a great day sir.

One of the major benefits of the I2 vs Phantom is you won't get the props in the picture all the time no matter what wind condition.
2017-5-22
Use props
Cobra44Magnum
lvl.4
Flight distance : 935135 ft
United States

Sounds like you are sure that you want to go this route and are just trying to see what all is involved. If that is really the case, I would purchase an Inspire 2 with the X5S camera, 4 extra batteries (total of 3 pairs) and the 128GB Samsung Pro microSD card to start with. I highly recommend using an iPad. I had issues with multiple Android phones/tablets and solved all of that by purchasing my first ever iPad (not an Apple fan but am a big believer in the right tool for the job). Anyway, my point is that if you want to buy an Inspire 2, I would start out there and then add items such as ND filters, extra lenses, traveling case. At some point you will probably want even more batteries and another charger.

I own the 480GB CineSSD but this is one item that you might want to spend extra time evaluating. If you have a use for ProRes or Adobe raw video then definitely go this route. Most situations don't require these formats, though. I get fantastic results shooting in H.265 then converting to ProRes for use in FCP or creating proxy files for editing in Vegas Pro 14. This is the most expensive addition you can make to your Inspire 2. You have the cost of the CineSSD and the DJI proprietary reader in addition to the licenses ($500 for ProRes, $1000 for CineDNG or $1300 for both). After that you have to have enough hard drive capacity on your computer. ProRes 4444 XQ takes over 15GB/minute. I've been told that the Adobe files are even bigger.

The Inspire 2 is an incredible aerial camera platform out of the box and can be improved upon at anytime with the optional add-ons.
2017-5-22
Use props
Draghici Alex
lvl.1

Romania

Cobra44Magnum Posted at 2017-5-22 04:31
Sounds like you are sure that you want to go this route and are just trying to see what all is involved. If that is really the case, I would purchase an Inspire 2 with the X5S camera, 4 extra batteries (total of 3 pairs) and the 128GB Samsung Pro microSD card to start with. I highly recommend using an iPad. I had issues with multiple Android phones/tablets and solved all of that by purchasing my first ever iPad (not an Apple fan but am a big believer in the right tool for the job). Anyway, my point is that if you want to buy an Inspire 2, I would start out there and then add items such as ND filters, extra lenses, traveling case. At some point you will probably want even more batteries and another charger.

I own the 480GB CineSSD but this is one item that you might want to spend extra time evaluating. If you have a use for ProRes or Adobe raw video then definitely go this route. Most situations don't require these formats, though. I get fantastic results shooting in H.265 then converting to ProRes for use in FCP or creating proxy files for editing in Vegas Pro 14. This is the most expensive addition you can make to your Inspire 2. You have the cost of the CineSSD and the DJI proprietary reader in addition to the licenses ($500 for ProRes, $1000 for CineDNG or $1300 for both). After that you have to have enough hard drive capacity on your computer. ProRes 4444 XQ takes over 15GB/minute. I've been told that the Adobe files are even bigger.

Yes, i`m sure that cinematic`s videos and movies is the way i want to go. First of all i would be the only one  in my zone of country that could release such quality at such good standards in commercial use. Seccondarely i`m a passionate about anything that comes with filming and movie making, with a drone, it just opens a lot of oportunities. About the Samsung SD, why is it actually good? What i want to do is to try use both Cinemadng and Apple ProRes, so i was thinking more about the 480 gb cinessd, maybe 2 of them for a 30 minutes record and the dock station( because from what i understand unftortunately you can`t use any other ssd ). For battery i was thinking about the 4 extra too. I am working in Vegas Pro and Premier, sometimes in DaVinci Resolve to. My current  Drive`s are : in system 3 harddiscks :a boot drive 240 gb  ssd, a project hardware storage samsung 960 pro 2TB PCI Express x4 M.2 2280, and a seagate NAS hdd 4 TB and a external hdd backup+ hub seagate 8TB .
The only thing is that i need to buy all the equipment that comes with the drone from the start. As 1 package. I can buy extra packages later on, but now that i have the money after all the time i want the best start up.
I`m not sure if the crystalsky is better than an ipad and if the extra Cendence over the remote control for the slave/master option is worth.
And i`m still not sure if the DJI Focus for Inspire 2 at 1200 dollars is worth it`s money to buy and if it`s funtions affects the end of the film with a lot.
Overall thanks for the advice and the opinions. Sincerely thankful .
2017-5-22
Use props
Draghici Alex
lvl.1

Romania

Cobra44Magnum Posted at 2017-5-22 04:31

Over the x5s i was thinking about Panasonic Lumix G X Vario PowerZoom 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6  and Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm f/4-5.6 - pentru Micro 4/3 lenses.
2017-5-22
Use props
Dobmatt
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Draghici Alex Posted at 2017-5-22 05:35
Over the x5s i was thinking about Panasonic Lumix G X Vario PowerZoom 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6  and Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm f/4-5.6 - pentru Micro 4/3 lenses.

Alex, if the quality of image is your goal, than zoom lenses aren't the way to go. With Zenmuse X5 class cameras Olympus M.Zuiko 12mm lens is pretty much a must and beloved choice of professionals among us. Skip the standard DJI 15mm lens, if you can. Later you may opt for longer prime lens like Olympus 45mm for close-ups, and perhaps 25mm.  Such collection should cover much of shooting options. Zoom lenses - although cheaper and convenient for some industrial applications - in general are delivering  more distorted and less articulated images.  
2017-5-22
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello and it looks like several members have been helping you decide for a professional set up. I have been reading the list of ideas and Dobmatt is spot on IMO.

2 things that you might want to consider is buying the Mavic Pro and learning about how drones fly and also spending some time with the DJI  Go 4 App.  (only using about 1K) The things you learn will save you much money in the long run.  I have the Mavic Pro, P4P and Inspire 1 and someday the Inspire 2 will be in the fleet.  They all have a place for certain video shots.

When you buy the Inspire 2
X5S camera
Oly 45mm lens, and a 25mm lens
extra remote controller for camera operator
4 sets of batteries
ND filters 4, 8, 16, 32
iPad mini 4 or above
Hoodman  monitor  hood cover
Hoodman landing pad minimum of 5 foot

Sorry if I have missed your point for information, there are a lot of us that are hobbyist flyer's but use pro equipment.  

Rich
2017-5-22
Use props
Bobmagic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1813048 ft
United States

If you don't have a powerfull computer you might what to think about what it's going to take to edit 4K and up files so you might want to budget in a new computer in as well. Other wise you'll be living a nightmare trying to edit theses type of files. Just my 2 cents but if you have no experiance in flying, learning on a $5000 drone could be very costly. I know you have to learn some where but maybe a cheaper platform to learn on would be better. You should check DJI refurbished page they have a Phantom 3 for $399
2017-5-23
Use props
Draghici Alex
lvl.1

Romania

Bobmagic Posted at 2017-5-23 01:27
If you don't have a powerfull computer you might what to think about what it's going to take to edit 4K and up files so you might want to budget in a new computer in as well. Other wise you'll be living a nightmare trying to edit theses type of files. Just my 2 cents but if you have no experiance in flying, learning on a $5000 drone could be very costly. I know you have to learn some where but maybe a cheaper platform to learn on would be better. You should check DJI refurbished page they have a Phantom 3 for $399

Thanks for the advice sir, i think my computer is powerful enough to handle even 8k. I have a intel i7 6950x, and i`m soon going to invest in better ram to. My motherboard is a ASUS X99-DELUXE . The ideea that i might broke a such expensive drone scares me to so i think i will take your advice and others and buy a more cheaper drone to so i can learn on it, the phantom 3 refurbished sounds great at that price. Thansk sir for the advices .
2017-5-23
Use props
Draghici Alex
lvl.1

Romania

Dobmatt Posted at 2017-5-22 19:48
Alex, if the quality of image is your goal, than zoom lenses aren't the way to go. With Zenmuse X5 class cameras Olympus M.Zuiko 12mm lens is pretty much a must and beloved choice of professionals among us. Skip the standard DJI 15mm lens, if you can. Later you may opt for longer prime lens like Olympus 45mm for close-ups, and perhaps 25mm.  Such collection should cover much of shooting options. Zoom lenses - although cheaper and convenient for some industrial applications - in general are delivering  more distorted and less articulated images.

I will really take your advice in consideration, i know the the 45 and 25 and 12 mm have better apperture and will make my image look much better. My question is now, do i need the dji focus anymore if i don`t have a zoom lens? or do i need it in any case ? Is it really that much important for let`s say a comercial where you have a follow up? Thanks in advance and thanks a lot for all the tips and help`s, you guys are a really great community
2017-5-23
Use props
Draghici Alex
lvl.1

Romania

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-5-22 20:53
Hello and it looks like several members have been helping you decide for a professional set up. I have been reading the list of ideas and Dobmatt is spot on IMO.

2 things that you might want to consider is buying the Mavic Pro and learning about how drones fly and also spending some time with the DJI  Go 4 App.  (only using about 1K) The things you learn will save you much money in the long run.  I have the Mavic Pro, P4P and Inspire 1 and someday the Inspire 2 will be in the fleet.  They all have a place for certain video shots.

Hello sir, yes, i see the community around here is really nice and helpful .
After more thinking and a lot of advices from you guys i will take in mind buying a seccondary less expensive drone on which i can learn all the basics before actually puting the inspire 2 into making it`s content. I neved tryed the dji go 4 app but i will download it today on my galaxy note, but i have a question if you don`t mind... you recomend a iPad mini, is it better than any android device? and does it beat the tablet that dji invented ( crystalsky ) . And what do you think about the candence? is it worthless in smaller projects, i mean 2 remote controllers would be enought?  
Thanks a lot Rich for all the help, nice day.
2017-5-23
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Draghici Alex Posted at 2017-5-23 07:38
Hello sir, yes, i see the community around here is really nice and helpful .
After more thinking and a lot of advices from you guys i will take in mind buying a seccondary less expensive drone on which i can learn all the basics before actually puting the inspire 2 into making it`s content. I neved tryed the dji go 4 app but i will download it today on my galaxy note, but i have a question if you don`t mind... you recomend a iPad mini, is it better than any android device? and does it beat the tablet that dji invented ( crystalsky ) . And what do you think about the candence? is it worthless in smaller projects, i mean 2 remote controllers would be enought?  
Thanks a lot Rich for all the help, nice day.

I have almost 2 years now using the iPad tablets and can say they are excellent. The reason I use the iPad mini 4 vs the iPad pro is due to size.  I really like the smaller footprint, its lighter and plain easy to use. At this point in time it still has plenty of processing power to run the DJI App and the Hanger / AutoFlight App.  I also said to buy the Hoodman Hood, to keep the sun off the screen. Yes, if and when the CrystalSky become available it would be nice and bright, but we will need to wait and see how that goes.
Apple iOS has worked for me flawlessly using the DJI Go App and others. It just works! I see many others using Android devices reporting crashing issues. I am not trying to start a Apple vs Android war.... but this is only my opinion...  
Crystal Sky has a dedicated Android OS that is locked down by DJI. Not much to say at this time as none of us have one to report how it works. The Phantom P4P + has a smaller version and pilots have reported it is clear and bright.
The Cendence looks to be awesome (expensive too) but not much to say other than what DJI has posted. I think this would be a great tool but reserve my judgment until more is known after users get some time with them. I personally would like to buy one due to the upgrade capabilities or adjustments.  I look at this as a more advanced remote that will give you room to grow.

Lots of things to consider and I would suggest you take your time and go over all the ideas the members have provided you and compare this to your business goals.  One step at a time and you will be just fine.
Hope this helps you...

All the best
Rich
2017-5-23
Use props
Draghici Alex
lvl.1

Romania

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-5-23 08:57
I have almost 2 years now using the iPad tablets and can say they are excellent. The reason I use the iPad mini 4 vs the iPad pro is due to size.  I really like the smaller footprint, its lighter and plain easy to use. At this point in time it still has plenty of processing power to run the DJI App and the Hanger / AutoFlight App.  I also said to buy the Hoodman Hood, to keep the sun off the screen. Yes, if and when the CrystalSky become available it would be nice and bright, but we will need to wait and see how that goes.
Apple iOS has worked for me flawlessly using the DJI Go App and others. It just works! I see many others using Android devices reporting crashing issues. I am not trying to start a Apple vs Android war.... but this is only my opinion...  
Crystal Sky has a dedicated Android OS that is locked down by DJI. Not much to say at this time as none of us have one to report how it works. The Phantom P4P + has a smaller version and pilots have reported it is clear and bright.

Thanks again Rich, all the opinions here means a lot for me and i`m taking in consideration and thinking every each and every one of them. If the crystalsky is not available i might go on the ipad mini, or ipad pro even if i`m an android guy, i trust that ios has less crushes and i know it. The hoodman hood seems as an exceptional ideea. And about the cendece, i think i will stick on 2 normal remotes, i have time to grow with them i think. Thanks a lot again for all the ideas, much apreciated .
2017-5-23
Use props
Michael Kaine
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1217520 ft
  • >>>
United States

skypal Posted at 2017-5-21 04:57
Here is my setup as a professional point of view.

Inspire 2

Yes. This is a grate set-up but i would invest in anothe 2 pairs of batteries i currently use 6 pairs and a car charger, you can wait to purchase your CINNESSD and Prores/CinnDNG as it will take you some time to learn how to maneuver and utilize the basic features. You should definitely pick up the 14-43mm Lens and the 45mm. a second controller comes in handy if you have someone to use it, i use the iPad Pro 9.7 to fly and i keep the 12.1 for my Copilot. you should be ok with those and the stock 15mm for now don't bother buying a new case for the inspire 2 you can modify the one that it ships with to fit 5 lens and 6 pairs of battery, 2 transmitter and x5s and more I'm working on getting the DJI goggles into the same case
20170523_132851.jpg
2017-5-23
Use props
allanart
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1050577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My advice would be - don't be in a hurry!
The "minimal requirement" is the Inspire-2 a camera and at least one controller. All the rest can be added as and when you need it!
If you start with one controller  you can always decide to add the Cendence when you have mastered flying your drone - and then use the standard remote for your camera operator.

Best of luck!
Allan
2017-5-23
Use props
Draghici Alex
lvl.1

Romania

Michael Kaine Posted at 2017-5-23 09:33
Yes. This is a grate set-up but i would invest in anothe 2 pairs of batteries i currently use 6 pairs and a car charger, you can wait to purchase your CINNESSD and Prores/CinnDNG as it will take you some time to learn how to maneuver and utilize the basic features. You should definitely pick up the 14-43mm Lens and the 45mm. a second controller comes in handy if you have someone to use it, i use the iPad Pro 9.7 to fly and i keep the 12.1 for my Copilot. you should be ok with those and the stock 15mm for now don't bother buying a new case for the inspire 2 you can modify the one that it ships with to fit 5 lens and 6 pairs of battery, 2 transmitter and x5s and more I'm working on getting the DJI goggles into the same case

Nice setup , i might inspire from it, what do you think about the dji focus? is it worth?
2017-5-23
Use props
Draghici Alex
lvl.1

Romania

allanart Posted at 2017-5-23 10:15
My advice would be - don't be in a hurry!
The "minimal requirement" is the Inspire-2 a camera and at least one controller. All the rest can be added as and when you need it!
If you start with one controller  you can always decide to add the Cendence when you have mastered flying your drone - and then use the standard remote for your camera operator.

Thanks Allan, i know i should not be in a hurry, that`s why i`m consulting with all you guys from here.
And about the minimal requirement it seems kind of to little for what i need, i know it`s the first time but i know what i have to do, more or less. Thanks again for the advice tho, have a nice day.
2017-5-23
Use props
Draghici Alex
lvl.1

Romania

Michael Kaine Posted at 2017-5-23 09:33

I just did realise from your photo how much space they take.
2017-5-23
Use props
Michael Kaine
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1217520 ft
  • >>>
United States

Draghici Alex Posted at 2017-5-23 12:25
Nice setup , i might inspire from it, what do you think about the dji focus? is it worth?

I didn't purchase the focus wheel, as I plan to get the Cendence controller
2017-5-23
Use props
Dobmatt
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Draghici Alex Posted at 2017-5-23 07:35
I will really take your advice in consideration, i know the the 45 and 25 and 12 mm have better apperture and will make my image look much better. My question is now, do i need the dji focus anymore if i don`t have a zoom lens? or do i need it in any case ? Is it really that much important for let`s say a comercial where you have a follow up? Thanks in advance and thanks a lot for all the tips and help`s, you guys are a really great community

I may see DJI Focus Handwheel 2 employed in truly cinematic, movie like static shots with longer 25 or 45mm lens, where you would like to achieve some interesting transitions from "bokeh" effect.  Virtually all other shots with standard 12/15mm to - say - 25mm lens I do in manual focus mode set to infinity, adjusting aperture and shutter speed only. It's a nice addition, but you can live without for now.   
2017-5-23
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Draghici Alex Posted at 2017-5-23 09:03
Thanks again Rich, all the opinions here means a lot for me and i`m taking in consideration and thinking every each and every one of them. If the crystalsky is not available i might go on the ipad mini, or ipad pro even if i`m an android guy, i trust that ios has less crushes and i know it. The hoodman hood seems as an exceptional ideea. And about the cendece, i think i will stick on 2 normal remotes, i have time to grow with them i think. Thanks a lot again for all the ideas, much apreciated .

You are welcome and it looks like some more things to consider..   
Best of luck to you
Rich
2017-5-23
Use props
RoryG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9521385 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

We use ours commercially and this is the kit we bought in April:

Inspire 2
X5S without lens
6 extra batteries (four sets total)
Slave RC unit
2 CineSSD (240GB)
Cinestation
Extra charger and PSU
ProRes license
2 Lexar 64GB UHS II microSD cards

We already had from our Inspire 1:
12mm, 15mm, 25mm and 45mm lenses
2 iPad Air 2
ND0.6, 0.9, 1.2 and CPL filters
Lots of other bits and bobs

We have a portable inverter generator but still plan to purchase another set of batteries. We've been doing work for a TV drama production and found that the two 240GB SSDs are perfectly adequate for a typical  days shooting. It doesn't take long to dump to a laptop with a fast SSD either, so that's always an option rather than shelling out on extra SSDs.

It's a superb system and our clients are delighted with the ProRes rushes. Be aware there's currently no lens corrections applied to ProRes footage so distortion and CA needs to be corrected in post.

Cheers,

Rory
2017-5-23
Use props
Draghici Alex
lvl.1

Romania

RoryG Posted at 2017-5-23 23:22
We use ours commercially and this is the kit we bought in April:

Inspire 2

Thanks Rory, this is really a great answer, but the cinemadng is not better? i was thinking last days over which cinemadng or Apple ProRes or both. About the SSD, i think i will try a long run with 2 480 gb or if i need to get money in other places i`ll try 1 480 1 240 or 2 240. Thanks again, you guys one really good community, and source of inspiration . cheers
2017-5-23
Use props
Draghici Alex
lvl.1

Romania

Hey guys, after all your help and ideeas i came up with this plan. Its wrote in my language but i think u can get the ideea. Ps ignore the sd cards. P.S. i just realised the filters are for x4s so consider them removed xD

This is the list i came up with after all your help. What do you think guys?

This is the list i came up with after all your help. What do you think guys?
2017-5-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules