Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Disconnect issues becoming ridiculous
664 11 2017-5-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lobstah Mobstah
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1218379 ft
United States

I'm really starting to get frustrated.   I got my Mavic a couple of weeks ago.  At first, I would maybe get a disconnect issue every 3 flights or so.  I'm flyin in the same area and now I'm getting 1-2 a flight.  The last flight I took when it disconnected, I didn't even have control over the Mavic.  Thankfully it was close and hovering about 10 feet off the ground.  I was able to reconnect and lower it.  I don't understand how this DJI Go 4 can go from beng relatively stable to almost unflyable.  Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated!  I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S7 Android version 7.0.  All other firmware is updated.

2017-5-20
Use props
FlyingSmasher
lvl.2
United States

1st, are antennas in correct position. 2nd, did you try a different phone/tablet/cable/OS for the purpose of eliminations.
2017-5-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can you try your USB charging cable into the bottom USB port and unplug the side cable and see if it's the same.
2017-5-20
Use props
Lobstah Mobstah
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-5-20 14:56
Can you try your USB charging cable into the bottom USB port and unplug the side cable and see if it's the same.

I'll try that.  Thank you.
2017-5-20
Use props
Lobstah Mobstah
lvl.4
United States

FlyingSmasher Posted at 2017-5-20 14:52
1st, are antennas in correct position. 2nd, did you try a different phone/tablet/cable/OS for the purpose of eliminations.

Yes antennas were correct.  I haven't tried a different phone, tablet or cable.  Good ideas though.
2017-5-20
Use props
FlyingSmasher
lvl.2
Germany

Lobstah Mobstah Posted at 2017-5-20 18:21
Yes antennas were correct.  I haven't tried a different phone, tablet or cable.  Good ideas though.

You are welcome.
2017-5-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lobstah Mobstah Posted at 2017-5-20 18:19
I'll try that.  Thank you.

Sounds good.
2017-5-20
Use props
Ghosty56
lvl.1
Flight distance : 41250 ft
United States

I have been having an issue for about 2 months, I had my Mavic pro for about 13 months now, and it worked perfect until about 2 months ago it just will not connect to the app....I have my phone , and the app fully updated, but now it will no longer connect to the app, it just says disconnected, and for the first 11 months of owning it, I never had this happen at all.  I also tried using it with my ipad, and it would not work at all either....is there anything I can do?
2018-8-14
Use props
eried
lvl.4
Flight distance : 661362 ft
Norway

Me too, like 1 year without issue, last 2-3 months, disconnections... and it does not come back until I land and take off again. Annoying.
2018-8-14
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Numerous possibilities:

Different locations, with later locations getting closer to interference?  

Over time period, more and more updates, compounding problems? (Starting denier countdown clock: 10, 9, 8, ...)

More experience, leading to more flying, further distances?  

Mavic hardware problem getting progressively worse over time?
2018-8-14
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

eried Posted at 2018-8-14 08:53
Me too, like 1 year without issue, last 2-3 months, disconnections... and it does not come back until I land and take off again. Annoying.

Obviously pilot error.  You need to continually 'take off ', no flying around.   
2018-8-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Ghosty56 Posted at 2018-8-14 08:39
I have been having an issue for about 2 months, I had my Mavic pro for about 13 months now, and it worked perfect until about 2 months ago it just will not connect to the app....I have my phone , and the app fully updated, but now it will no longer connect to the app, it just says disconnected, and for the first 11 months of owning it, I never had this happen at all.  I also tried using it with my ipad, and it would not work at all either....is there anything I can do?

Try following instructions from link below, it has helped many.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/tips/ ... ep-by-step-guide.31
2018-8-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules